Master Chief not alone anymore

iTz Vplus2

Hi,

I just watched a video of Anoj's Halo 4 Analysis series, and even though the video is a couple days old, i haven't seen a thread posted about this.

First off, the video i'm talking about is this one

Around the 2 minute mark, it appears that a 343i employee talks about how the Master Chief is not the only Spartan anymore and how the program moved on. Of course everyone knows that in Halo 4's multiplayer, you will be playing as a Spartan IV soldier.

But what's your opinion on this?

Of course it makes sense that the UNSC would move on with the spartan program. And with Master Chief, the last Spartan, being gone, of course there'd have to be many new Spartans. So what would be better for them than the return to the Spartan VI program, which can arguably be explained as a mass production of Spartan supersoldiers. Well, not mass, but more for less money.

So this makes me wonder about Halo 4's campaign too. How will we interact with those Spartan supersoldiers? My thought on this is that they will probably replace the Marines and ODST soldiers as our AI comrades in battle.

If that thought is true, maybe for once our allies won't prove to be just another dangerous enemy again ;)

• Like 2

I want it so the characters are a bit like odst all with different attitudes. I wish the noble team would be more like that :thumbdown:

If you mean characters as in main characters, i assume that Master Chief will be the only main character that is a Spartan. Maybe that's wrong though, if the interaction with those new Spartans will be that important

or maybe we need spartans as they enemy is that bad?

Yeah, that's pretty much what i meant. Master Chief was gone, but the enemies were still there. So they needed new Spartans and they needed them fast

^ woah woah woah, triple posting.

But I like that they are going to be new spartans, and hopefully, some of them will become characters that we see a lot of, so when the Chief is the last spartan again, we can have some amazing and emotional cutscenes of the spartans dying off. haha.

the spartan IVs are nothing like the spartan IIs such as chief. they dont undergo the same physical augmentations as the spartan IIs. Also, spartan IVs are just the best of the best marines and such, but they were MJOLNIR combat armor and rceive special training......im not positive on that, its only coming from my memory. but i think spartan IVs are in some of the novels such as glasslands and ghosts of onyx

And proof is here.

[media=]

[/media]

What exactly stopped you from putting those 2 posts together into 1 post?

Anyways, that video sounds awesome, especially the interaction part and that Master Chief is like a hero to Earth and to the Spartan IVs

I think that there just might be other spartan's in in halo 4's campaign, I'm surer you'll still play as the chief but on halo waypoint in the halo 4 campaign screenshots it looks like what might be other spartan's in the background. Idk but it looks like mjolnir armor to me......

Still play as Chief? You don't say! That's something that is completely out of the question for this Halo 4 game and if anyone expresses any doubt about us playing as the Master Chief, i'd say they're in the wrong forum. You're not one of them though

Yeah, i'd say that's quite possible that the other players get to play as other Spartans instead of copies of the Master Chief. Or actually, maybe they'll play as their own Spartans again with the same model they'd play in Multiplayer.

Yeah, i'd say that's quite possible that the other players get to play as other Spartans instead of copies of the Master Chief. Or actually, maybe they'll play as their own Spartans again with the same model they'd play in Multiplayer.

I just said that :P

sorry to be the one to tell you this but John isnt the last spartan out there of his spartan II program. it is very likely that there will be spartan IIs on the infinity to help train the new spartan IVs

thank you... everyone always assumed that Chief was the only surviving Spartan.... It always stated one of the last remaining spartans.. But as for co op. I would probably agree with the idea of the other players would be skinned to look like the other characters in the screenshot. and would be cool to see if they coded it so that each player see's themselves as MC and then randomly assigning an appearance to the other players. Then there would never be the argument with friends on who is going to be first player, aka MC.

• Like 1

2820771-gallery.png

Okay...I think we see two Spartan IVs and a Marine. Perhaps the 2,3,and 4p spots will be taken up as our spartans?

I like you idea but could those be ODST (i know it doesnt matter really) but They have ODST variant helmets and armor and it could be possible that they are ODSTs that got planted into the spartan IV program and because of their familiarity to the technology gave them spartan variants of their previous armor

Ohh and did anyone else notice the damage on his armor which is located on the left peck of our view?

I like you idea but could those be ODST (i know it doesnt matter really) but They have ODST variant helmets and armor and it could be possible that they are ODSTs that got planted into the spartan IV program and because of their familiarity to the technology gave them spartan variants of their previous armor

Ohh and did anyone else notice the damage on his armor which is located on the left peck of our view?

No way to tell for sure unless some Devs come in here and confirm it.. lol