List of Weapons that should be in Halo 4

The Director

I personally loved the SMG from ODST, was hoping it would be in Reach. the incendiary(sp?) grenades would be cool too. maybe just do what H3 did and add more weapons to forge if it'd be too much to add them to matchmaking. i also like the DMR better than the BR. not because of bloom but because i like the single shot semi-auto over the burst fire. BR was all about pulling the trigger as fast as you can. whereas the DMR is about aiming then pulling the trigger.

i think there are going to be completly new weapons in halo 4

Would be interesting but won't happen. The main reason is that Frank O'Conner said that the Forward Unto Dawn will be kind of like a main base so for that reason a lot of the Halo 3 weapons will HAVE to be in the game.

In my own opinion, the weapons in Halo 4 should be the same as Halo 3, with a few additions.

The following weapons from Reach would violate cannon (because the justification for them were that they were "devolved"), and make me personally go "whaaa?". The DMR, the Reach pistol, the beam rifle (shoopdawhoop), or any other weapon that I missed that are "devolved" from Halo 3 weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing some additions to the arsenal, as long as these subtractions are made.

The weapons that disappeared from Halo 3 that I would like back are the Battle Rifle, the Halo 3 Beam Rifle, the SMG, incendiary grenades, and the pistol. Sure the pistol lacked power, but at least it was accurate. I didn't have to play magnums for three hours on Halo 3 to be able to get a headshot with THAT pistol.

Some of the Reach weapons I WOULD like to see in the game are the grenade launchers. Both the human and the covenant versions. Also, the needle rifle wasn't bad. It should have a bit more power though, to make up for the three shot BR.

Bloom should not be a factor either. A normal rifle placed in a tight vice will fire two bullets in the same area, and the only thing that would cause those bullets not to hit the exact same spot would be weather. None of the other halo games had bloom, and it would be odd for Master Chief to have suddenly lost his ability to hold his rifle correctly.

This is all just my opinion on the weapons, feel free to post your own. :D Trolls will be reported.

As far as bloom goes and your 'explanation' of how it works in real life, the kickback of guns causes them to be less accurate in any battle situation. Spartans aren't pinned down to a ledge, they move and jump around everywhere. So the knowledge of why a bloom was put there in the first place makes sense to me. Now I didn't say I liked it. Lol. I really think Halo 4 should go with Halo 3-style gunfire.

The Halo-3 beam rifle is an absolute MUST HAVE. The classic sniper matches where you switch weapons during battles was lost in Reach. Now maybe change up the overcharge of the rifle a bit. Maybe make it so it doesn't shoot two bullets so quickly. That was one cheap thing people used to get good at.

If you trash the DMR or bring back the BR, or maybe even try a new rifle, I don't care. Just use Halo-3 style gunplay and SAY NO TO BLOOM

OK.... I'll be the first to say it, there should some new awsome flood weapons, because the flood will be smart in halo4 and it will sorta be like covie weapons, because every asset to the flood on that construct is forerunner..... i'll miss my grav hammer tough :cry: .... I loved that thing, got me through a lot of griffball games.

• 3 months later...

Another thing that I think should be in Halo 4 are some new vehicles. Some forerunner vehicles, to be more accurate. The possibilities of what these vehicles could be are almost endless, so it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate some new ones.

As far as bloom goes and your 'explanation' of how it works in real life, the kickback of guns causes them to be less accurate in any battle situation. Spartans aren't pinned down to a ledge, they move and jump around everywhere. So the knowledge of why a bloom was put there in the first place makes sense to me. Now I didn't say I liked it. Lol. I really think Halo 4 should go with Halo 3-style gunfire.

The Halo-3 beam rifle is an absolute MUST HAVE. The classic sniper matches where you switch weapons during battles was lost in Reach. Now maybe change up the overcharge of the rifle a bit. Maybe make it so it doesn't shoot two bullets so quickly. That was one cheap thing people used to get good at.

If you trash the DMR or bring back the BR, or maybe even try a new rifle, I don't care. Just use Halo-3 style gunplay and SAY NO TO BLOOM

I think I failed in my explanation of bloom. lol What I was trying to say is that Master Chief has such a good stance and grip on the weapons, that his shots have always had near perfect accuracy. As far as reticle bloom goes, I wouldn't mind it as long as he got a new suit, and it was fixed. I think it's good to know where your shots might land, but since there would be less bullet spread playing as MC, then there should also be a whole lot less bloom. :)

i want to see the ma5k carbine (halopedia it) and the odst smg

if it is set on that shield world then wouldn't the ma5k make sense. Personally I want to see it regardless. Maybe with a bigger magazine though

I do not care, as long as they are good and they are balanced.

Another thing that I think should be in Halo 4 are some new vehicles. Some forerunner vehicles, to be more accurate. The possibilities of what these vehicles could be are almost endless, so it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate some new ones.

Can't argue with that

Edited by highplainsdrifter

In my own opinion, the weapons in Halo 4 should be the same as Halo 3, with a few additions.

The following weapons from Reach would violate cannon (because the justification for them were that they were "devolved"), and make me personally go "whaaa?". The DMR, the Reach pistol, the beam rifle (shoopdawhoop), or any other weapon that I missed that are "devolved" from Halo 3 weapons. I wouldn't mind seeing some additions to the arsenal, as long as these subtractions are made.

The weapons that disappeared from Halo 3 that I would like back are the Battle Rifle, the Halo 3 Beam Rifle, the SMG, incendiary grenades, and the pistol. Sure the pistol lacked power, but at least it was accurate. I didn't have to play magnums for three hours on Halo 3 to be able to get a headshot with THAT pistol.

Some of the Reach weapons I WOULD like to see in the game are the grenade launchers. Both the human and the covenant versions. Also, the needle rifle wasn't bad. It should have a bit more power though, to make up for the three shot BR.

Bloom should not be a factor either. A normal rifle placed in a tight vice will fire two bullets in the same area, and the only thing that would cause those bullets not to hit the exact same spot would be weather. None of the other halo games had bloom, and it would be odd for Master Chief to have suddenly lost his ability to hold his rifle correctly.

This is all just my opinion on the weapons, feel free to post your own. :D Trolls will be reported.

I don't kNow if you have seen they railed but he is on a broken destroyed ship with limited weapons he only has the ones on the ship and the forerunners weapons so there will be a few from halo3 but a lot of new ones.