Halo 4 is not stealing from cod

Minuette

Okay After some research I found after seeing another post about how Halo 4 is like cod let me clear some things up Correct me if i'm wrong

Sprint was originally in super mario bros, Doom, and wolfenstein 3d

Loadouts were originally in Diablo 1 (don't have much info on it)

Iron sights were originally in Wolfenstein 3d and of course Doom

GUNS were originally in IDK almost in every game before 2003!

Thats what people were usually complaining about, if you have more informations tell me

Now, after reading this, you can't keep comparing it to COD! since it wasn't the first game to have sprint, all you cod fanboys keep thinking that COD owns the rights to sprinting, loadouts ETC....

Ok so let me get this straight now Super Mario bros is a First person shooter and Doom/ Wolfenstein have multiplayer now im still not seeing how these have any thing to do with the changes in Halo as a matter of fact if COD and battlefield didnt exist these features that you guys seem to love wouldnt have even been thought of because the games you listed were popular but just not as popular as the HALO series as a whole. COD was but thats understandable becuz its a Modern day shooter and people like the feel of being a modern day Rambo but Halo Has always had its own light without these feature and seeing them implemented in makes me feel like Halo is having a surgery it never needed

• 4 months later...

People that is game development it's taking the great ideas that every other game has every game developer does it it's how it works.

You really had to bring this topic back up again? great, now I just bumped it by posting this..... Without being rude or anything, I already know how games work, they inspire other games and work off that into it's own style of gameplay

It's like people don't want Halo to change even a tiny bit. Seriously, I'm starting to wonder... If they released Halo 3 again with nothing new, would people buy it since they love it so much? That would fit their needs since they don't want change. But they wouldn't buy it, because "it's the same game". I don't even know what people want these days, they always moan and complain about something.

and call of duty has taken entire branches of off halo, if you cant see it then your probably stuck one the one sited view of CoD players these days. i have yet seen someone explain to me why call of duty is a good game then other than marketing for money

Could you please tell us what COD has stolen from halo. I hate when people make a statment like this without giving us an example. I mean don't jusy say that, tell us how.

Okay After some research I found after seeing another post about how Halo 4 is like cod let me clear some things up Correct me if i'm wrong

Thats what people were usually complaining about, if you have more informations tell me

Now, after reading this, you can't keep comparing it to COD! since it wasn't the first game to have sprint, all you cod fanboys keep thinking that COD owns the rights to sprinting, loadouts ETC....

Wut?

What Doom/Wolfenstein did you play? Both of those games had neither of the features.... :/

The aiming system in those games were like as long as you saw the enemy, he would get hit when you shot, you never actually had to aim at them.

I played Doom and Wolfenstein with my bros last week and...

No sprint. :huh:

EGM said Halo needs to be more like Call of Duty? Reviewers can't seem to make up their mind!! They actually gave it a 7 out of 10 for not having iron sights and scripted events like big explosions or set pieces. It plays to much like....... Halo for them. How are they paid to be journalist when biased opinion pieces are all we get.

It does not matter if certain gameplay aspects have existed in earlier titles, having all that stuff in one game is what makes it like cod. Not to mention the way it is implemented is similar. The Hit markers, unlimited sprint, white text points that pop up in the middle of the screen that tell you how awesome you are every time you hit a vehicle once and someone else blows it up. Kill steaks, point based scoring, loadouts and so on. The whole points in the middle of the screen thing every time you kill someone or do something would have been enough to cry foul for me, but it just brings it all together. And it is bringing all of this stuff together and wrapping it up in a package that looks like cod is what makes people think it is like cod.

It may not play like cod, but it certainly looks it. And imo, Reach plays too much like cod for me tastes (compared to 3) and 4 only introduces more cod-like elements, so I don't see how this helps the issue.

Honestly I DON'T GiVE A CONCERN about custom load-outs. Ooooo you can spawn with a br instead of ar what a COD rip off and oh if one game has something another cant that means no more FPS games guys no guns. And also does it really matter with score ooh it has another zero on the end I hate the game. Ridiculous and also if it matters that much that the kill shows on the middle don't play it no one will care but you if you don't so honestly give the game a chance before you bash it to all of the fans.

Whoa now, while I agree that Halo 4 didn't copy COD, these reasons aren't why.

When COD first got popular they made sprinting popular among all games, while Halo stayed true to itself. But when things in gaming become so common, it's no longer "stealing from cod" since it's a "modern choice."

Hell, if people say that's copying, then COD stole Bungie's match making idea. Not because it was used by so many other games at the time, but because it originated with Bungie.

You could also say COD stole Halo's control scheme, since every FPS today has been built around the halo layout.

Loadouts are so common these days that adding it into halo 4, and saying they're copying cod, is just dumb and ignorant. If games these days didn't circle around player customization, halo would probably have stayed classic.