Sniping Help

ZOMBIE SLA3R 13

Hi! I've been playing a lot of mlg recently and i wanted to start using the sniper. As you guessed i suck at it and i was wondering what is the best way to practice. should i play team snipers or keep using the sniper on mlg? or if there is any other way i can practice with the sniper please let me know!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Team Snipers is actually quite a bad way to practice with the Sniper Rifle, as you'll normally be fighting either pros (so you'll just end up dead before you get a chance to shoot) or people who aren't great with it (so you won't be getting hit and thus aren't under as much pressure).

Ideally, you should get a few people to practice in Custom Games. Set ammunition to unlimited, make a loadout for yourself with a Sniper Rifle, and make a few others with Shotguns, Assault Rifles, DMRs, Magnums, Plasma Repeaters or whatever. Then get them to attack you one at a time. This will help you learn to control your shots even while under fire, which is the most important skill for a good sniper to have as you will be getting attacked when you use it for real. If you just panic-fire and don't know when to scope in, when to take a shot without scoping or when to run away, you'll end up dead all the time. Your aim will naturally improve as long as you're doing this, so don't worry about that either. With time and plenty of practice, you'll get better.

I suggest SWAT for the reason that you headshot alot, with sniping, you aim to 1 hit kill, with headshots. Thus in SWAT headshots are insta kills, so try doing that for a while. Then move over to BTB, grab a sniper when you can, get camo, so you last longer without dying, and try there. Once you think youre good enough try Team Snipers. It pretty hard there sometimes, but if youre good enough, its fun as hell.

Good Luck

I'd actually advise against doing SWAT. You get a very large clip, so misses don't really matter, plus you get a HUGE amount of aim assist and bullet magnetism with the DMR. All that playing SWAT will do is make you get used to those, so when you come to use the Sniper Rifle you'll actually find it more difficult to hit your enemy, let alone score headshots.

I'd actually advise against doing SWAT. You get a very large clip, so misses don't really matter, plus you get a HUGE amount of aim assist and bullet magnetism with the DMR. All that playing SWAT will do is make you get used to those, so when you come to use the Sniper Rifle you'll actually find it more difficult to hit your enemy, let alone score headshots.

i agree, seems like when i switch from SWAT to snipes, i'm way off.

My advice was mentioned above, Custom games.

Try getting a few friends together and playing on the octagon map. DMR start and snipers secondary.

Practice Makes perfect.

Team Snipers is actually quite a bad way to practice with the Sniper Rifle, as you'll normally be fighting either pros (so you'll just end up dead before you get a chance to shoot) or people who aren't great with it (so you won't be getting hit and thus aren't under as much pressure).

pros, lolsocial

Just pick up the sniper whenever you can. Avoiding a playlist for fear of losing won't get you any better. Also, what helped me a good bit with both sniper and the then BR was setting up a map that sends fusion coils (or your preferred explosive) through a man cannon on a timer and you try to hit them, it should get you more comfortable with the weapon. And I guess if you have any questions, you could just send me a message or something, I don't know.

My suggestion is to try your hand at snipers. If you haven't done it yet, it will put you against newer players (such as yourself) so that you can gradually learn. Although, the best way to learn is to play with people who are REALLY good, get your butt kicked a lot, and then get better. The School of Hard Knocks doesn't have many graduates, but those who do are practically built of iron. Crappy metaphor, but you get the drift.

Playing against good people will make you better faster than playing with people who don't know what they are doing.