Cannot get co-op to run

I bought Halo CE Anniversary to play through it with a friend. we can't because it is too laggy. We've played just about every other co-op game out there without this problem. How do we get this to run smoothly? I hate to think I wasted my money.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought Halo CE Anniversary to play through it with a friend. we can't because it is too laggy. We've played just about every other co-op game out there without this problem. How do we get this to run smoothly? I hate to think I wasted my money.

Part of the problem is just the way it's designed. The only differences between Anniversary and Combat Evolved are the graphical and audial upgrades and the inclusion of Xbox Live connectivity. The engine and framework itself is fundamentally the same as it was when the original game came out, and that wasn't designed to run over the internet: the result is that it can be quite buggy and laggy over anything but the fastest of connections, and even then it can be messy depending on a whole host of factors like ping time, NAT settings or firewalls.

For best results, you'll have to play either via System Link or Splitscreen. Anything else and it's almost certain that you're going to hit trouble at some point - sorry, man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive seen it be laggy even on a local connection with two people. I can't explain it, but it appears that there will always be a small amount of lag. The important part in that is...don't try to go very fast. If it normally takes 1 hour to complete, give at least 2 hours. I don't believe there is any timer that you have to beat, unless your'e trying to beat the last level and or you're trying to get one of the achivements, if that's the case......Ask me becuase I have assisted other people in how to get it. Such as beat the Library in 30 mins or less. Or something along that line.