'Halo' 4 questions on forge,dedicated servers and female spartans answered.

John 117

Halo 4 Creative Director Josh Holmes took to a Game Informer podcast on Thursday night to answer fan questions about 343 Industries’ upcoming Xbox 360 blockbuster. He provided some answers on questions like Forge, dedicated servers and whether or not players will be able to create female Spartans.

Holmes could not share specific details on Forge but yes, it will be back. It’s been an important part of the Halo community and is part of what defines Halo since its introduction in Halo 3. It is an important part of the game experience and something that will be continued to supported with new features and upgrades. Details for Forge will be revealed closer to launch.

With the new loadout system, one fan was concerned that that would mean players could not pick up weapons anymore. However, Holmes confirmed that you can drop the weapons in your loadout to pickup other weapons on the map as has been standard in the series since the first game.

Dual Wielding was removed early in development because it complicated the goal of customizeable loadouts and caused problems with balancing combat.

Spartan Ops is a huge new addition to the game that will roll out five new story based co-op missions on a weekly basis for free after Halo 4 is launched in November. Details on how Spartan Ops will be rolled out on a weekly basis will be revealed later though.

When you are creating your Spartan for Spartan Ops and multiplayer, you can choose a male of female character. Along with the weapon and equipment unlockables there will also be cosmetic unlockables that will “dramatically” change the look of your Spartan.

Multiplayer bots will not be present.

The daily and weekly challenges have been a popular feature in Halo: Reach. 343 Industries is still working on how or if this will return for Halo 4. More details will be announced later.

Dedicated servers have been a popular requested feature for Halo games but there are no plans for them with Halo 4. 343 Industries says its netcode is “phenomenal” and adding dedicated servers would essentially be extra work at this point.

343 Industries is trying to use matchmaking and other techniques to try and create a level playing field in online matches.

The new enemies for Halo 4 are still being held close to the chest by 343 Industries but Holmes says that they have some amazing experiences in store along with an epic story. It’s been a challenge to come up with a threat that’s even more dangerous and intriguing than the Flood.

You can check out the full podcast with 343’s Josh Holmes over at Game Informer.

found this here guys

http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-questions-on-forge-dedicated-servers-and-female-spartans-answered

hope it helps

Yes... This cleared up lots. I've really been wondering if we had to pay for each new Spartan ops mission. I'm very glad we don't need to, as it seems really fun but I wouldn't want to pay for it. Thank you for this info, john!

I think that was Frank saying that anything after the first season might be paid for. The first season is included with the disc, so how long it may be is unknown at this point. I just hope it's long enough that I won't feel ripped off if I need to pay for subsequent seasons.

Woo no dual weilding!

343 Industries is trying to use matchmaking and other techniques to try and create a level playing field in online matches.

I hope the "other techniques" is a ranking system because matchmaking like Reach's definitely does not create a level playing field.