HALO 4 BIGGEST LET DOWN (LOCKED BR)

zNeocy

Theres many things that have people upset and complaining about halo 4 but one think that has me afraid more then any other factor is the fact i cant just go in to matchmaking spawn with a br and play. I HAVE TO UNLOCK IT !

So basically if i go off to college and im not able to buy halo 4 on release night and start playing around march, someone who has had the game since release night that theyll have the advantage due to having better weapons ? THIS IS THE BIGGEST FLAW IN HALO 4 HANDS DOWN

Will it take 8 weeks to unlock the BR?

No.

Each map/mode will load with a default, appropriate loadout. An example:

BIG MAP WITH LONG SIGHTLINES (imagine Blood Gulch)

DMR

Magnum

Frag Nades

Map appropriate Armor Ability

Now it may take you a while to end up with precisely the combo you want, but the maps and modes are all carefully paired with VERY useful default loadouts so you don't end up on a giant map with nothing but an AR and a sadface. Even if you've never played before.

- 343 employee

what has made halo a stand off game so different then other big titles like cod is the ability to pick up and go instead of having to worry that another player has an advantage because hes played more

Still doesn't say you have to unlock it.

i just looked it up and those are words from frank o connor himself and look at the first statement basically hes saying no and yes, no because some gametypes will provide you with a br from the start but in order to have when ever , where ever then yeah you gotta unlock it , thats why he said itll take you some time to get the combo you prefer

i just looked it up and those are words from frank o connor himself and look at the first statement basically hes saying no and yes, no because some gametypes will provide you with a br from the start but in order to have when ever , where ever then yeah you gotta unlock it , thats why he said itll take you some time to get the combo you prefer

Well, I hope we don't have to unlock it. that'd be a huge letdown.

They mean that you will have to unlock it for use in a custom loadout. Weapons will still spawn on the map as usual, but if you want to spawn with a certain weapon like the Battle Rifle, DMR, etc. you'll have to unlock the ability to do so by ranking up and/or spending "Spartan Points". You'll still be perfectly capable of picking one up off of the map.

Here's an example to help explain it.

Let's say the map we're playing on has Battle Rifles and Assault Rifles. I want to spawn with a Battle Rifle for my custom loadout, but I can't because I haven't ranked up enough and/or spent the "Spartan Points" to be able to do that. I could still move around the map and switch out my Assault Rifle for a Battle Rifle just like in previous Halo games, but being able to use it off of spawn is something I'll have to earn.

• Like 2

Will it take 8 weeks to unlock the BR?

No.

Each map/mode will load with a default, appropriate loadout. An example:

BIG MAP WITH LONG SIGHTLINES (imagine Blood Gulch)

DMR

Magnum

Frag Nades

Map appropriate Armor Ability

Now it may take you a while to end up with precisely the combo you want, but the maps and modes are all carefully paired with VERY useful default loadouts so you don't end up on a giant map with nothing but an AR and a sadface. Even if you've never played before.

- 343 employee

what has made halo a stand off game so different then other big titles like cod is the ability to pick up and go instead of having to worry that another player has an advantage because hes played more

I have never read that anywhere you can custmize your loadouts you pick a primary a secondary grenade a armor ability and a "perk" or what ever they will call it they dont set up clases for different maps you casn do that. and dont use black i could hardly read it.

If we have to unlock weapons for use, I will be pissed.

EVERY Halo that has come before has enabled us to use EVERY weapon on EVERY map, excluding playlist circumstances.

If this is true, as much as I'll get flamed for saying this again, then this is one thing that is undeniably a COD-like move.

Please refer to my post above. It explains how they're more than likely going to be using this feature.