Halo Combat Evolved And Reach Weapons

trent1986

The reason the weapons in Reach weren't in Halo was because they didn't load some of them into the Pillar of Autumn. So it wouldn't make sense to do a remake of the original game but put the DMR in it. It would also effect the feel of the game, and people would get upset over the canon breach (like they did when Halo: Reach was released).

• Like 1

Do I need to say anything other than "Pistol?" Because it's one of the reasons why they didn't do it. Look at how broken the damage of that thing was in Combat Evolved, and compare it to reality. Do you honestly think a PISTOL will do more damage than a LASER? I didn't think so. This is why they couldn't have that weapon along with others for various balancing reasons.

in halo ce you where a lone ship against a covenant armada....also the ship was old so it had older assault rifles and things stocked in its armories. when marooned on an alien ringworld it is hard to get your hands on special ops weapons like the DMR. many of the weapons and armor abilities used on reach where experimental prototypes like the focus rifle. so you cant have a pansy ass spartan lazer. all you got is an AR and a magnum.

you have to make due with whatever you can find. you cant just call in a gause warthog or odst's to save your butt. you have to fight with the bare minimum and survive. no grenade launchers or fancy smancy EMP weapons! if you want to knock out a vehicle you have to do it the old fashioned way!

reach was tactical combat with special ops and experimental gear. halo ce was pure Guerrilla warfare. instead of a wussy unlimited cloak you had to find a temporary one or just crouch and sneak up on your enemies without letting them see you. no armor lock either just a temporary overshield is all you will find.

dont get me wrong i love reach gameplay but also i love the desperate feel of halo ce. being a standard spartan with no sprint...just running in with your assault rifle and marines. it has a feel like no other halo game.

on the other hand i wouldnt mind if 343 threw in some weapons as easter eggs....like meyb you could find a hidden marine that brought a dmr all the way from reach....or meyb you find a dead odst with a silenced smg that only has one ammo mag left.

....or meyb you can find a secret weapons cache that contains the last unfired spartan lazer.....or even discovering a marine that got dibs on the last reach assault rifle...but he aint givin it up without a fight.

little things like this would have not only allowed us to breifly test out some reach weapons in halo ce...but also it would have added to the sense of scrounging for weapons that halo ce provides..

I Think that the weapons from Halo Reach should have been in Halo Combat Evolved because Halo Reach took place before Halo Combat Evolved what do you all think

Although it would make some sense, you also have to think what they thought they would need in close quarters against the Covenant if they were cought and boarded, which they were.