An Argumentative Response and Concerns

RelevantWolf

Hello all once more,

If you still do not know me, I am RelevantWolf (thats my gamertag at least) however, my real name is David. I recently posted a topic ("Halo 4 - Supported or Nay? Most Pix on Halo say Nay) concerning the Reach community's response to the Halo 4 game and New Trilogy starting this November 6th, of 2012. This is a continuation of that topic as I have come to experienced several confrontations with "those who believe Halo is turning into CoD". To be honest, I had very few mature, logical confrontations (I always try my best to be mature and logical throughout all of this) with the leaders of these protestant movements. For those of you that didn't read my last topic, you will not know what I am talking about, so here is afew sample quotes from screenshots found on the "Most Downloaded" and "Most Recommended" sections of the File Browser:

"343 is turning Halo into CoD! Dwnld/Rcmnd if you agree!"

"343 is ruining Halo! I can't even recognize Halo anymore!"

There was also another newer screenshot that I came across stating "This is the way the world ends." (Obviously a reference from Halo 3) and revealing 343 with fire in the background. The description under it states, "343 is ruining Halo, recommend this and download so they can see us!". Of this, I was quite intrigued. Halo: Reach is recovering for a recent gameplay recession. For example, in mid November - January of last year to this year, Halo: Reach topped 40,000 players at the most online (a month or so after Bungie Day). However, after several updates were made to the game (by 343 indutries) the game now tops 100,000 per day on average. But it is still not as many as when the game was released, when it topped 200,000; nonetheless, 343 did a great job with updates.

Getting back on track now, I was amazed by the complete ignorance of the community, upon talking to the leaders of these protestant Halo 4 movements, I found that what they had heard was GREATLY EXAGGERATED on SEVERAL POINTS. Here are some of my favorite quotes that I wrote down while they talked: (Keep in mind that this is a REAL conversation and not fabricated).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Them: "Halo 4 is going to be CoD, and that's that. Weapon customisation was never a part of Halo! They are ruining it by adding these stupid things like armor abilities, which I never liked, it's stupid and not Halo. Halo has always been just simply picking up weapons and firing at the enemy, I am going to boycott Halo if they go through with Halo 4 because honestly it seems as if Halo will not be Halo anymore. And I'm just getting started.

My Response: "Really? Well let me elaborate on what you're saying here, however, I think you are just ignorant of several pieces of information such as there will be no weapon customisation! 343 would never do that to Halo, in fact, I think they are minimizing the effects of more customisation in Halo! You aren't, and it has been confirmed by Gameinformer magazine, going to customise every living aspect like Call of Duty! The only thing you are going to be customising is loadouts, which are entirely different from weapon customisation.

Them: Well then, that's stupid. You know why? Because someone could use a shotgun and rocket launcher or Sniper Rifle ALL the time and kill you with it! Don't you think that is a little over powered." (this interrupted me)

My Response: "That is not the case, you have it all wrong, if you read the Gameinformer magazine you would know that Power Weapons, which include the Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, and other new power weapons will be dropped via weapon pod, at random points of the map. So guess what? NO ONE will spawn with a rocket launcher! Everyone will still have to pick up weapons, no improvements will be made to these weapons during customisation. 343 IS Bungie, they have been there since the beginning and they know what Halo is."

Them: "Oh... I didn't know that. I guess that's cool. Kind of like Gears of War right? So what weapons will you be able to choose? What armor abilities will be available? I heard ALL the ones from Reach are going to be in there, and I, for one, DO NOT like ARMOR LOCK! It pisses me off! Honestly, I think armor abilities are just like Perks from Modern Warfare."

My Response: "Armor abilities are nothing like Perks from MW2/3. Here's why. For one, you don't see a Spartan running around with Fast Reload ans Stealth Pro do you? Armor lock, it has been confirmed, WON't be in Halo 4 for sure. All you will see is Jetpack, Hologram, Active Camo, and Forerunner Vision. Basically all the armor abilities from Halo Reach excluding stupid armor lock. The weapon/ loadout customisation thing is held to a minumum, basically, all you will get is the Assault rifle, the BR, the DMR, some pistols, and standard covy weapons from Halo 3. Nothing overpowered. Basically like Gears.

Them: "Well... (long pause) what about Spartan Ops and Classic playlists? Will they have forge, theater, and firefight?"

My Response: "Spartan Ops is nothing like Modern Warfare's Spec Ops, in my opinion and in several cases, Call of Duty stole from Halo! It is basically a multiplayer side storyline that will be updated weekly. As for forge, and theater, they will have those with new features available, simply because 343 supports machinima and RvB. As for firfight, sadly, there are no dedicated 343 information on firefight. But you can expect a great multiplayer experience just like any other Halo and not experience any so what comparison to CoD."

END OF CONVERSATION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, considering the conversation was one of several, I only managed to convert the minds of 3 who would actually listen. Does this mean that most of the leaders of the Halo 4 Protest movements are purely of ignorance and use of hyperbolic language to persuade the other Halo fans that Halo 4 will be a disaster?

To those on this forum that are supportive of the protestant movement, I have but one thing to say to you; consider.

Let's face it. Halo CE Anniversary was the best remake ever! The Campaign of the Decade! And guess who did it? 343.

Again, I am inching towards a conclusion that perhaps we are just afraid of new features. Sevral have even brought up my concern as well. However, I am sure 343 has Halo 4 in it's pocket. But again. I am concerned of the Halo Reach community. The updates got more people to play. But People are reluctant to acknowledge 343 as it's liberator. 343 revitalised halo Reach! If it wasn't for their updates, Reach would be a ghost town!

Thanks for reading

RelevantWolf

• Like 7

343 have saved halo reach and MLG, because, it was unplayable at times with them settings, now with a few changes bungie could EASILY of done, it is definitely a much better game and IMO it is better then halo 3.

Halo 4 should be a good game, but just let haters gonna hate.

This is a breath of fresh air to me, who has been following Halo 4 since it was announced and have had to argue with every jerk that comes here about the info that's being released. Most of them don't even read the info, they listen to other people who heard it from other people who heard it from other people who heard it from an idiot. The only actual legit argument I've seen so far is someone getting angry about stopping power (slowed movement while being shot), which is understandable. From now on I'm just posting a link to this thread when I see someone talking about how much they hate Halo 4 and 343i.

• Like 1

343 deserves the utmost respect. First of all, without them, there would be no continuing series. Second, people are giving them a hard time based off of ignorent assumptions. They say something will be horrible, and don't even give it a second look. Seriously, people, have an open mind.