Absolutely Unacceptable!

Veer Zamamai

@ Zl Malificient

And just when it was getting good! Well not really...your basic assumption is you think a subjective argument cannot also be an objective argument...as if me saying 2 + 2 equals 4 is not both my subjective opinion and a statement of objective fact. Subjective and Objective arent mutually exclusive and thats where your arguments break down. That and, you seem to think that what we think matter and what actually does matter are the same thing. Protecting Children actually does matter, no matter what my opinion of it is. The notion of "what is important" is something independant of what actually is important.

Also funny is the fact that you are pointing out that saying someone is objectively wrong on a subjective matter is silly when you were just saying you needed to forgive the OP for his lack of objectivity. If what he is talking about is simply subjective and I have no reason to be applying objective logic to it, why say he needs "objectivity" at all? Was I wrong to criticize him/her for it?

But since you "bugged" out, I will write no more. Ain't sure what your voluntary pull out means visa-vi who had the best points but hopefully we wont have to hear anything more about how every element of Halo which we value or don't value is completely subjective from now on.

Exactly, and I mean don't write if you don't know what you're going on about, right?

Exactly, and I mean don't write if you don't know what you're going on about, right?

IDK where your coming from on this Fal' beacuse honestly our argument had long since ceased to have anything to do with the topic at hand. Bear in mind that I was criticizing people going crazy over elites not being in the game and Malificient was defending the Elite clans who come in here and post this stuff.

IDK where your coming from on this Fal' beacuse honestly our argument had long since ceased to have anything to do with the topic at hand. Bear in mind that I was criticizing people going crazy over elites not being in the game and Malificient was defending the Elite clans who come in here and post this stuff.

That guy didn't know what he was going on about as far as I saw. I mean, we've already established that they're in Custom Games and Forge, what more do people want. I simply do not care whether people care or not any more, I have what I wanted, so that's fine.

omg if you people read propally it clearly said elites will not be playable in infinity multiplayer wich i belive is matchmaking with spartan training program so elites should be in custom and forge, and anyway why would they make a halo game with covenant weaponry in forge and no playable elite to go with it i mean what the hell!!!

omg if you people read propally it clearly said elites will not be playable in infinity multiplayer wich i belive is matchmaking with spartan training program so elites should be in custom and forge, and anyway why would they make a halo game with covenant weaponry in forge and no playable elite to go with it i mean what the hell!!!

I dunno, ask Bungie why they made the original CE multiplayer with covenant weaponry with no playable elites to go with it? Seriously, that's a ridiculous argument to make. Why have brute weapons in Halo 3 and Reach if you couldn't play as a brute? Why add Forerunner weapons/technology into Halo 4 if you can't play as a Forerunner?

Yes, it says they won't be in multiplayer. No, it doesn't specifically spell out that they will not be in Forge and Custom games. I cross by fingers for all of you Elite fans out there, but don't hold your breath too long.

• 5 weeks later...

"If you've been devoted to a cause for so long, it is near enough impossible to give up."

Oh for Gods sake dont be so melodramatic. I was very sad when they removed Elites from Reach. I was less sad when it was reported they wouldnt be in this one, but not so much as with Reach. But so what? Its a cosmetic difference.

You want a cause? Become a Communist or a Christian. At least they believe in something important, even if they are on opposing sides of the spectrum.

Heretic scum!

I still don't see what the giant problem is with the disappearance of elites. Sure, they were a fun edition to multiplayer in previous titles, but elites just won't work in halo 4 multiplayer. Your arguement of `well, what of all of they elite clans, and the elite lovers, and the fans that have practically devoted half of their life to learning about these animated aliens?` Well, all I have to say is to the elite clans: Nothing is stopping all of you from getting together in a game of forge or custom games, and doing what you want to do. Elite lovers: You can all still admire elites by simply playing the campaign. The only addition of which you will not see them is just multiplayer. And for those that have basically devoted half of their life, what can I say. Halo is just a video game, not to be taken seriously. And elites are just an animated enemy in a video game. Also not to be taken that seriously. Just face it, guys, because of the way multiplayer is tied to the campaign as spartan IV training aboard the infinity, elites are not possible to include in the multiplayer experience. This is change, people, and this is the way halo grows. Not how it ends.

You traitor! I will roast your planet in my holy fires until its surface is but glass!

Is there any reason in particular that you must dig up this thread? Really?

Yes, for shear enjoyment and so that the newbies can see the thread. It is an old thread and I am sorry if I upset anyone by doing this. It wasn't intentional.

I knew you would want it. I'll edit the source in in a second.

http://forums.gametr...r-scans/1284038

These scans show it. Very last scanned page.

I have had a look at this, it only mentions that they will not be playable in Matchmaking, which we already knew. I was on about Custom Games and Forge.

Well, like past games, it'll likely use the same character over each mode making it impossible to play as an elite. Custom games technically take place on the Infinity too, as does forge. So I'd imagine elites have been scrapped. Wrongly scrapped.

I'm not sure, I'm not going to argue about it. We will have to wait and see.

• Like 2