How many want the old halo 3 ranking system back

daddyxx23

halo 3 highest skill 50 ranking system  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Keep The Halo 3 Highest skill Ranking System?

• Yes
    • no

In my opinion the halo 3 ranking system with highest skill is what kept the players coming back for more. one loss you could be down a skill one win you could be up a skill. this is what kept the competition so high and the strive to get better. you couldnt stop playing for a week because you could lose your talents get back online and start losing . the road to 50 was so grueling and such a rewarding prize for most . it was more of what you put in your hour not that you put in an hour. i just wanted to see how many agree with me.

• Like 1

The 'highest skill' should be able to be raised outside of the Lone Wolf playlist.

If this is apparent in Halo 4, I fully support this however, the cR system should be kept as an incentive to keep playing.

yes such as the highest skill where you must get a highest skill with exp to achieve a higher rank. i believe the cr was bs keep it halo 3 style . reach never had over 100k people for more then 2 months while halo 3 had over 300k for almost 2 years they did somthing right with thier ranking system

Hmm, I liked the Ratings in Reach arena originally, that way if I had to leave a match or something out of my control happened, I wasnt as badly penalized.

i do like the aspect of arena i agree with that being incorporated with the highest skill, but the main point should be highest skill

yes such as the highest skill where you must get a highest skill with exp to achieve a higher rank. i believe the cr was bs keep it halo 3 style . reach never had over 100k people for more then 2 months while halo 3 had over 300k for almost 2 years they did somthing right with thier ranking system

Halo 3 having ranks may have been something to do with this but I blame the lack of people playing Reach mainly because of bloom and/or armor abilities. Most likely bloom though.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind seeing the Halo 3 ranking system again. Didn't get to play much Halo 3, didn't have Live until 2009. I would say keep the credits, though, strictly for purchasing armor (with the best armor being unlocked only with a Higher Skill prior to purchasing).

I'd prefer a hybrid of the two...swap out "exp" for credits earned and use credit as the resource to gain lower ranks and additional high ranks BUT keep the skill counter in. I didn't even try to shoot for 50, I'll admit that, but having a high rank seems useless in Reach. It doesnt show you are good, it shows you have no life. Plus, there were a bewildering variety of ranks, and that definitely did not need to be. Being a 5 star general in Halo 3 is status. Being an eclipse in Reach is chicken-****.

And this is coming from someone who never reached the coveted 50.