Remove Jetpack from Arena

trooper

Remove Jetpack From Arena  

22 members have voted

1. 1. 343 Should Remove Jetpack from Arena

When the hell will this happen? This is a ranked playlist, jetpack ruins all aspects of original gameplay. And no, this isn't a change for good to all the idiots out there who think so. Keep it in Team Slayer, not a ranked playlist. There should only be sprint and thats it, everything else stays the same.

nd no, this isn't a change for good to all the idiots out there who think so.

you wingnut.

and why do retards play it?

Good way to start on the forums. Smooth.

Jetpack makes you extremely vulnerable. As soon as I see someone in the air, I start shooting. That = 1 easy kill for me.

• Like 1

Again, you can't speak for everyone.i don't know why people hate jetpack so much. I personally love, while i hate evade and active camo...

trooper, I honestly couldn't tell you who replied here that actually plays the Arena Slayer enough to fully appreciate what ranked play means in Reach. What I do know is I played enough Arena doubles before Bungie, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to remove it. We had 3 AA's to contend with, sprint, jet pack and hologram. By most accounts of the people I was able to talk with after matches, it was agreed jet pack "broke" the maps. I had enjoyed ranked doubles in H3 and Arena Doubles, though still having AA's, was the closest I ever came to playing a game in Reach with limited AA's that was ranked. I understand how you feel.

I love jet-packs in some cases, but we definitely shouldn't have them in Arena. I don't even use jet-pack on Team Slayer, I find it kinda noob-ish. The only thing I may use in Team Slayer is Sprint most of all, Active Camo, and sometimes Hologram. You can't get much done with the jet-pack.

Hey guys,

As a Halo player going way back to CE, I have been very disappointed in Bungie's decision to include armor abilties in to the series.

However, as a gamer, you learn to adapt and perform well under the circumstances given to you.

The Arena is the only ranked playlist in Reach. I strongly believe they should have left all armor abilities out of this playlist. They break the

maps and people will abuse them to the point of annoyance for the other team.

Example: Jetpack + Needler combo. It's very effective and extremely overpowered. Not to mention extremely unfair.

A ranked playlist needs balance. Keep the armor abilities in social playlists please.

And thank you 343 for removing jetpack from the Arena. :)

Most who commented negatively to the removal of jet pack or to stop playing here have no Arena play on their accounts, the other two have 4 and 11 games respectively played over eight months ago. That should tell you something.

you sir, are a genius, oh wait why is that a surprise :D

When the hell will this happen? This is a ranked playlist, jetpack ruins all aspects of original gameplay. And no, this isn't a change for good to all the idiots out there who think so. Keep it in Team Slayer, not a ranked playlist. There should only be sprint and thats it, everything else stays the same.

I gotta say I disagree. Its a great Anti-Camping tool..

Not to mention I haven't heard a decent argument as to why it should be removed.

Now armor lock on the other hand.. Needs to be destroyed.

Forever.

Its not unfair, everyone has access to it.

Sure it has some advantages over sprint and holgram, as it has major disadvatages as well (in straight up combat you are slower, can't use a tricky hologram and if you use jetpack you are much easier to hit because you are a bigger target.)