post-8787-0-85262900-1346348152.pngTunnel Passage This map supports Slayer, BTB Slayer, CTF and KOTH. It will support the use of all AA's and features only UNSC weapons plus the sticky grenade. It is best used for 4v4, 6v6 and 8v8 team play.

This is a unique, multi-level terrain map centered around the cove of The Island. It features two bases with multiple levels, entrances, a mounted machine gun, three mongoose and a wart hog. The bases are separated by low, mid and high level passages, a tunnel, a short bridge and a man cannon for each side to vault across the furthest out crop of the cove. The two small covered posts that over see each end of the bridge house the sniper rifles and a central tunnel the holds the lone laser on the map.

Screenshots

reach_26842773_Full.jpg

reach_26842771_Full.jpg

reach_26842770_Full.jpg

reach_26842769_Full.jpg

• Like 1

If this is killzoned off properly, it could be very interesting indeed - I'd worry that the gameplay is a little too linear, as it doesn't look like there are a lot of flanking angles. I'll definitely have a look and check if that's the case though, and the aesthetic looks to be really good - I don't think I've ever seen a map which uses coliseum windows quite like this!

@Anarchy it's in the original post, the underlined piece which says 'Tunnel Passage' coloured cyan.

OT: I do like this, it's got a lot of potential and could be hugely fun if we ever have a big team community playdate. The bases are well-designed and the weak respawn zone in the centre would be fantastic in helping one team keep the pressure on. I like the amount of risk in going for the Spartan Laser, and in general the maps seems to have a good balance between the teams, which the Island doesn't naturally led itself to.

There are definitely a few spots which could use improvement, though. The sniper bunkers on either side of the bridge are a good idea, but they aren't properly balanced - from Red Team's I can hit anything on the bridge or the side passageways, as well as the cave which forms Blue Team's second exit. Blue Team's own sniper bunker can only hit the bridge and the area immediately around it. I also feel this would slow gameplay down a lot, so it may be worth moving Blue Team's bunker forward or Red Team's bunker back a little, and setting a single Sniper Rifle to spawn on the bridge, which would help increase map movement and help prevent snipers from having a ready set of ammunition for spawn camping.

The number of Mongooses in the bases themselves really needs to be turned down, it feels far too high at present - I'd also suggest moving those which you keep down to the ground floor, so they can be used more quickly instead of needing to be driven out of the base structures.

Also, the killzones need a little attention. While they're pretty much perfect on Red Team's side, they don't cover the area effectively on Blue Team's, and there needs to be something added somewhere on either of the sandbars or the beach if you that area to be playable. If the latter if the case, you might want to block up the cave entrance or add a few structures/vehicles here and there, although it may be better to just add a softkill and ignore it altogether.

Anyway, that's just nit-picking, I'm sure this would work really well if the teams were big enough and I hope you find some of the comments useful!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the input Red! I will check the kill zones out. I have a few versions of the map and that link may be before a mild upgrade to the zones. I will just adjust the zones on the current link when time permits. The sniper spawns have gotten some complaints. I have considered placing one near each base in the open near the beach or possibly one on the middle of the bridge.

ZB, when you play the map, try it with speed flag settings. It really gets the game moving since you can use the cannons and go on foot across the top.

• Like 1