The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

PLEASE 343 OH PLEASE MAKE DESTRUCTABLE ENVIRONMENTS LIKE BATTLEFIELD 3'S THAT WOULD KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO SPAWN A BUILDING/WALL ETC..... THEN BEING ABLE TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH IT BY BLOWING IT UP! PLUS THAT WOULD ELIMINATE CAMPERS 0_0 PLEASE DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

General:

1. No budget (for maps which cannot be submitted to MLG)

2. No limits on structural objects like walls, building blocks, bridges, etc.

Environment:

1. Instead of having special effects like in reach, give us the ability to change the time of day (Night, Dawn, High noon, and Dusk)

2. Weather. Let us decide if its snowing, raining, windy, cloudy, etc.

3. Water. There should be an option to fill depressions with water, like the puddles on hemmorhage in reach.

4. Fire. Patches of fire should be available to place in forge, ones that will kill if you stand in them like in CEA.

It is out of the question to be able to terraform maps, so i wont even ask:)

Weapons:

1. Individual magazines should be available in forge, so we can locate stashes of ammo away from the spawn for actual weapon.

2. Ammo crates. Boxes to dump magazines and grenades in. Duh.

3. Weapon racks. The reach campaign wall racks that you could take weapons from (covenant to) and i couldn't believe they weren't included in forge. If this is included in Halo 4 forge, the editor could select a slot on the rack, and then select the weapon/ammo to be placed there.

Structure:

1. WE NEED MORE CURVED OBJECTS! This would make for some really cool stuff. For every object (block 1x2) there should be a option to curve it.

2. Include a much greater diversity of building blocks, reach didn't have very many and this frustrated me allot.

3. All objects place able in forge should be destructible. I can under stand that the Xbox 360 does not have the processing power to make everything breakable but pre-specified objects should be. Obviously metal walls could only be destroyed by tanks though.

4. All objects should have composition options. If you place a 1x5 piece you should be able to make it metal, wood, or composite, that latter being indestructible and the default option. Wood would be limited to a few pieces since this in the future... Specific objects should have a glass option. I liked breaking the glass in CEA so i could toss grenades though windows and floors:)

5. Copy, Paste, and merge options. We should be able to select a group of objects in adjoining one another (like selecting multiple files using a blue drag-able box on a computer), hit copy, and then be able to paste them elsewhere (a inverse selection option would be available to make symmetrical maps a breeze to make). A merge option would forge all selected pieces into one, allowing it to be moved as a whole.

Other

1. All vehicles experienced in the campaign should be available in forge, like transport warthogs, grenade launcher falcons, FR shade turrets, civilian vehicles, pelicans, etc (using reaches example).

2. Undo options should be available so we have something to fall back on if we accidentally delete something important.I've spent over 300 hours in Reaches forge and all these ideas occurred to me WHILE i was building something

Tell me what you think!

• Like 1

I think that only certain objects should be destructible and that's if they are. One reason I know there probably will not be destructible environments is because if there was, they would have to come up with some lame excuse to why Spartans can shoot through Covenantal structures all the sudden. I don't see this happening in Halo just because it would change gameplay too much. Too much change. But I guess I'll continue the thought... If they were to implement destructible environments, it would only make sense for them to make objects made of things like dirt, MAYBE. MAYBE rock destructible. I honestly don't think rock should be destructible at all, but ya..

is anyone else tired of team games always being Red vs Blue?.....It would bad a$$ if in halo 4 you could pick your teams home and away colors...assuming of course you had a full lobby of players for the playlist (ie. a 4 man team in your lobby for a 4v4 team slayer game)...obvisouly if two diffeent teams had the exact same primary colors selected the game would use their secondary teams colors and then if need default back to red vs blue.

Aninpopy, watch double-posting.

-and although Halo 3 forge did take more skill, think about practicality. Halo Reach is a lot easier to use, and a lot more people can Forge because of it. It doesn't make everyone a good forger because Forge isn't just about looking good, it's also about having maps that are fair, balanced, and fun. They should go crazy with how amazingly higher they bring the possibilities of Forge 2.0.

Also, 343, please revise the axial pitch and yaw for objects. In reach, once you rotated an object so it was no longer on the maps 90 degree axis you could no longer accurately pitch and yaw it. Essentially, you need to make it so that the objects rotational axis moves with the object. In reach, it is nearly impossible to make vertical adjustments to anything that is no longer on the 90 degree rotation snap.