The Official Halo 4 Forge Thread

I have posted many of these ideas myself on other topics, i read this one thinking "i am not the only one"

But we have to (unfortunately)remember that disc,though better than the floppy's, can only hold so much.

I have completely read every post, and frankly we (including me) are asking a lot from 343i.

But we are fans, and that is are job other than the one that gives us monies to pay for more halo games (F.T.W)

In order to insert all the ideas that we as forgers have in mind, we need to have 2 disc like O.D.S.T.

I know what some of you are thinking, "i hate switching discs over and over again", but to be honest i love everyone's ideas.

If you truly want pelicans, ammo clips, blood, AI spawning, forge-able firefight maps, etc. then we need a second disc.

I have work this out in my head and still can't figure out one thing...what do we move to the second disc?

We could move campaign and theater over and have more room for multiplayer/customs/forge/firefight...

...or we could move forge/firefight/customs to one disc by itself and have multiplayer/campaign/theater together.

there are many ways you could shift it but i would like your opinions on the 2 disc concept.

We may not like it, but it works.

I like ur idea

halo 4 forge should open with a promt. how big would you like your map? after the player designates that size map he she would like to make, a black screen with alot of mulicolored grid lines going vertical horizantal and diaginal appear. for the outside boarders of the map the grid lines could be red.

you would end up looking at out line of a square with lots of little triangles. when you click on the empty space between the lines you get a menu that asks what type of skin you would like there, a rock face, a forerunner wall, unsc steel, what ever. so you fill in the out sides of the map with the skins and textures you want and don't wast extra proccessing by drawing alot of map that would be out of bounds like forge world is now.

There was this game that I played once, that had a map editor. It was for the console too. Basically, it let you build a map from scratch. Blank slate, you could build hills, build ditches, craters, and whatnot. It would be pretty cool if you could do that with forge. You could also change the terrain, rocky, grassy, sandy, and whatnot. You could also add structures and trees and such. Pretty cool map editor, and I THINK it was for PS2. It was pretty small though. It would DEFINITELY make it easier to create Machinima sets. xD

well, it depends on the size of the campaign, really. But, If we're not thinking about a campaign too big, I would say:

disk 1: campaign, forge, theatre

disk 2: multiplayer, custom games, firefight, theatre.

More on forge.

Yes, having switches would be good, as well as elevators. the idea of the elevator should be created in a way that we could create those things that appeared in Halo 2 which we used to move around between island in Delta Halo. (don't know the name)

Meaning, one should be able to create an object and tell it to move from A to B after pressing the switch X.

This reminds me of the creation of moving objects, imagine: sme creates two pirate ships, have them pass near each other and leave; good for a funny CTF or assault game, for example.

The campain is the most importent part of halo!!

I agree, if we could add pelicans and phantoms, Invasion would be so much better, I mean think about it, when you get tier three, a pelican spawns and then you can pick up someone to go get the objective. And instead of bringing it to another pelican which would be useless since you're already in one, bring it to like a dawn in halo 3 or an autumn in halo 1 to escape with it sort of like in the ending of halo reach where you deliver cortana to the autumn. Also if pelicans are added, they shouldn't be indestructible because then invasion would be useless and the Spartans would always win (assuming the players aren't noobs).

That's what I think. Post to comment or add new ideas, because I want to know what you think.

Its been a while since I have been on here. A few new ideas have been posted over the past 3 weeks.

Load out camera picture used when showing game description would help a ton. I have a ton of custom games but half of them I have to pull up before I play them because the name and description suck. I good picture of the map is the most helpful thing.

Still not sold on space yet unless it is just a dark forgable area with 5-10% gravity. You can pretty much turn gravity off and slow movement way down to get this same effect so I don't know what the big deal is. Still don't like the idea of having giant UNSC ships like Autumn and Dawn or covenant cruisers. To much disc space for very little use. Same with the scarab.

Altering terrain should be easy but its not. It looks easy when you see it in other games because the graphics are crap and you have little to no movement on those custom spots (Tiger Woods Golf custom courses).

Boats=win

I think if we could place just the simple artistic things in forge, like some trees, or breakable glass, or TV screens like on sword base in reach. Stuff like that would allow for a more creative building enviroment.

that would be awesome. Clan meeting maps cam actually look like a meeting room, lol.