Halo 4 team slayer gametype option?

Bubonic Blood

Okay, for awhile now, I've wanted this ever since before the release of Halo reach. Basically, all I want, is there to be an option in team slayer (for custom games of course) that would allow color to be disabled. Before you make random reasons as to why that's illogical, think of it like this. When you're playing campaign, do you ever mistake jun, kat, or even the arbiter for an enemy? Wanna know why not? Because there is a giant blue arrow on their head, like in team slayer games. Maybe you find this odd, but when it comes to Halo, I think it'd be cool if you can actually use your own personal armor color to your advantage on team games. Lets say you like to use stealth and you're a sniper, then use green armor. Your friends on your team might identify you as the sniper of the team, and may even act better around you, like they may not huddle around you when you are trying to snipe, giving away your position.

I know you may find this kinda stupid, because for some reason, people do, but I find it to be very helpful. Maybe a matchmaking playlist would allow such a thing. I mean, what's the point of picking stealthy looking armor if you stick out like a fire in the night? I think it would add much more character quality to matchmaking or even custom games if this option was enabled.

"Edit"

Some people think that this may cause confusion and players might team kill by accident, but one thing they have to remember is that, if CoD can do it for hard core mode, then I imagine Halo players are smart enough to watch what they shoot, especially if they have big blue arrows on their heads.

team.jpg

The idea is interesting, and it gives the player reason to have a more creative armor to show it off but I don't know how it will be in online team slayer. There is a chance it would be a problem, but then again be could firing wildly or shooting a rocket and kill a teammate by accident. It's hard to say what it would be like.

• Like 1

I think it would make a fun gametype. But even then they could be mistaken for the enemy. I've spazzed out when a team mate's body fills my screen and killed him. Other then that, I like this idea.

The idea is interesting, and it gives the player reason to have a more creative armor to show it off but I don't know how it will be in online team slayer. There is a chance it would be a problem, but then again be could firing wildly or shooting a rocket and kill a teammate by accident. It's hard to say what it would be like.

Both very true. But, in the same way, it may teach players to be more careful. I cannot explain to you how many times I've been betrayed by accident when I'm only a running riot. And I agree on the armor creativity. I for one think that it would give the game more replay value as it would also make it easier for making machinimas.

Nice idea for Invasion, where immediately different character models are used depending on teams. Not so fussed about regular multiplayer, though. It would be nice to keep secondary colours, like the 'detail' option in Halo 3, but other than that I can only see it creating problems, particularly as you only get ten minutes to learn what everyone's armour looks like anyway. There'd just be too much confusion.

Nice idea for Invasion, where immediately different character models are used depending on teams. Not so fussed about regular multiplayer, though. It would be nice to keep secondary colours, like the 'detail' option in Halo 3, but other than that I can only see it creating problems, particularly as you only get ten minutes to learn what everyone's armour looks like anyway. There'd just be too much confusion.

True, but it's not like it has to be in matchmaking. If anything, they could atleast have the option to turn off forced color for custom games. But I still do feel strongly about it being in a matchmaking playlist. I mean, if anything, players who do not like it, won't have to play it.

True, but it's not like it has to be in matchmaking. If anything, they could atleast have the option to turn off forced color for custom games. But I still do feel strongly about it being in a matchmaking playlist. I mean, if anything, players who do not like it, won't have to play it.

True, but then you'd need two separate playlists for something which makes no difference from a mechanical perspective, which would divide the player base and make it harder to get teams matched up fairly. I suppose it's fair enough in customs, though: the more options the better there.

• Like 1

True, but then you'd need two separate playlists for something which makes no difference from a mechanical perspective, which would divide the player base and make it harder to get teams matched up fairly. I suppose it's fair enough in customs, though: the more options the better there.

By separate playlists, I don't mean playlists dedicated to just it. Just maybe a 6v6 team Slayer, no forced color that would fit in the same playlist as mlg, action sack and griffball.
  • Like 1