Should Halo 4 have Duel Wielding?

Bubonic Blood

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Halo 4 have Duel Wielding?

• Yes
    • No

Okay, so of course, I believe Halo 4 will have Duel wielding no matter what, but then again, I've also thought about how much 343 has changed John's Mark VI (And it may or may not be his mark vi, but the damage on the front is an indication that it is) and that they might have the nerve to change the core qualities of Halo.

I myself, love duel wielding. I used it alot in halo 2 and 3 and I hoped for it to be in reach, but it wasn't, but that's okay. To me, if Halo 4 is influenced by Reach, it won't be a very good game. Not saying it's going to be bad, because who knows, it may be a great game, but look at how much players played halo 3 from 2007 - 2009 then people played halo reach from 2010 to now....I mean, it didn't really last all that long. Anyways, I'm not going to turn this into some giant discussion about reach and halo 3.

So what do you think? Should it have duel wielding? If not, why? halo-2.jpg

Halo 4 should have dual wielding but it needs to be right. There were so many duel weapons there were ridiculously OP. But if Halo didn't have duel weapons then it wouldn't be Halo.

Yea, but then again, there are some op weapons even when they aren't duel wielded, I mean, like weapons people actually think takes skill. Like the DMR for example. Very accurate, so accurate I get head shots across hemorrhage with it, but so stupid that any noob who spams it can kill you with random flying bullets faster than you can kill him or her with precisely aimed shots to the head. Very sad. But I do agree.

• Like 1

Yea, but then again, there are some op weapons even when they aren't duel wielded, I mean, like weapons people actually think takes skill. Like the DMR for example. Very accurate, so accurate I get head shots across hemorrhage with it, but so stupid that any noob who spams it can kill you with random flying bullets faster than you can kill him or her with precisely aimed shots to the head. Very sad. But I do agree.

I completely agree with you on that.

• Like 1

yeah i do agree with you guys and it should defiantly have duals in H4! I found it very good for close combat back in the other halo's and thats one thing i miss when playing reach. I do find people luv to camp far back with a dmr and get accurate shots which is all good as they playing the game how its meant to be played but still a bunch of noobs who abuse the fact they can sit there and get away with it

• Like 1

yeah i do agree with you guys and it should defiantly have duals in H4! I found it very good for close combat back in the other halo's and thats one thing i miss when playing reach. I do find people luv to camp far back with a dmr and get accurate shots which is all good as they playing the game how its meant to be played but still a bunch of noobs who abuse the fact they can sit there and get away with it

And see, that always made me angry. Because people call that "skill" but then when people on call of duty do that, it's called camping. When I think of skill, I think of people who can run and gun like there is no tomorrow and get a killtacular with his cqb weapons before he dies. Look at halo 2-3 multiplayer, it lasted so much longer than Reach, and that might be aswell because there was is no duel wielding in reach.

I wouldn't want to see dual-wielding in Halo 4. I prefer the Halo: Combat Evolved/Halo: Reach style of being limited to only two weapons. Dual-wielding can make things interesting, but I still prefer just using two weapons. If they did include it, I'd like for them to balance it out. In what ways? I'm not sure.

dude im right there with you haha newbs frustrate me when they all call them selves good but not much work was put in besides them sitting there waiting for the 1shot. and spanking on kids exactly how you mentioned is how halo has made its name which is miss, running around the corner smashing a few ppl up and getting multi kills with a close combat weapon was fun and always will be, use to piss ppl off who always used the BR and they get spanked on by a dual lol.... Miss those days back in H3 where you could dual a smg/plasma and pump ppl with it but nowadays I find myself dying more from all the random nades or someone sitting back waiting for the 1shot with snipe or the famous DMR which I hate to bits lol just my opinion on the DMR side but yeh bring back duals and the BR and ill be a happy person J

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to see dual-wielding in Halo 4. I prefer the Halo: Combat Evolved/Halo: Reach style of being limited to only two weapons. Dual-wielding can make things interesting, but I still prefer just using two weapons. If they did include it, I'd like for them to balance it out. In what ways? I'm not sure.

Well I guess everyone has their own favorite style of Halo. I just like it when Halo is more fun and gives more a rush more then myself or others just camping in the corner of the map with a marksman weapon, assisting others with headshots. I for one think if duel wielding came back, it would make weapons like the reach pistol or the dmr less over-powering. I rather like the idea that I can take a risk of dying but having fun at the same time.

dude im right there with you haha newbs frustrate me when they all call them selves good but not much work was put in besides them sitting there waiting for the 1shot. and spanking on kids exactly how you mentioned is how halo has made its name which is miss, running around the corner smashing a few ppl up and getting multi kills with a close combat weapon was fun and always will be, use to piss ppl off who always used the BR and they get spanked on by a dual lol.... Miss those days back in H3 where you could dual a smg/plasma and pump ppl with it but nowadays I find myself dying more from all the random nades or someone sitting back waiting for the 1shot with snipe or the famous DMR which I hate to bits lol just my opinion on the DMR side but yeh bring back duals and the BR and ill be a happy person J

Man you just read my mind like a book!

I was never a huge fan of dual weilding. Even bungie said that it messed with their triangle of combat or whatever (guns-grenades-melee I think).

Let's be honest here. Halo 2-3 has lasted so much longer than Halo Reach already, and it might be because the typical halo reach player camps with the dmr getting headshots and spamming grenades. I mean, I can't say Halo 3 was any better about grenades, but players still gave an effort to melee in that game XD

Man you just read my mind like a book!

seems you and I are alike mate lol

send me a F/R, will jam some galo Reach if you keen sometime lol < and that G in the Halo is how i call it lol

GT is: lL 4 lB ( the l's are lower case L's mate )

• Like 1

Let's be honest here. Halo 2-3 has lasted so much longer than Halo Reach already, and it might be because the typical halo reach player camps with the dmr getting headshots and spamming grenades. I mean, I can't say Halo 3 was any better about grenades, but players still gave an effort to melee in that game XD

It wasn't because of dual weilding. Reach isn't as wildly popular because plays so much different than previous halo's because bungie decided to make "bloom" a core mechanic.

Also, Halo CE has lasted longer than 2 and 3, and it didn't have dual weilding.

It wasn't because of dual weilding. Reach isn't as wildly popular because plays so much different than previous halo's because bungie decided to make "bloom" a core mechanic.

Also, Halo CE has lasted longer than 2 and 3, and it didn't have dual weilding.

Halo CE doesn't necessarily count considering that it's for pc because the other halo's are exclusive and it can be played through online multiplayer for free and is very very cheap,. Hence the reason people mod it look and play like other halo titles.

I mean combat evolved, not the custom edition.

Dual weilding kinda hindered the guns that were able to be dual weilded. None of the weapons that could be dual weilded that come to mind were even good enough to pick up by themselves, they HAD to be dual weilded to be effective. The exception being the plasma pistol, of course, and the plasma rifle to an extent.

I mean combat evolved, not the custom edition.

Dual weilding kinda hindered the guns that were able to be dual weilded. None of the weapons that could be dual weilded that come to mind were even good enough to pick up by themselves, they HAD to be dual weilded to be effective. The exception being the plasma pistol, of course, and the plasma rifle to an extent.

Like in Halo 2. The needler was pretty much a waste unless you use 2 of them. Meaning it's a good weapon if you grab 2 of them, like the smg or the plasma rifles ofcourse.

Bloom in a dual weapn? no thank you.... might as well stay on reach if they do that haha

can u imagine how many more newbs we'll have camping it up waiting for the one ****, doesnt sounds like fun to me lol

Except that bloom has been in every single Halo title, so it wouldn't just be something to "stay on Reach". If they had bloom, and quickly growing bloom on dual-wielding when you fired too often too quickly, then it might discourage people from just firing away with no worry. There needs to be something to balance out having two guns firing at once. How would having bloom on dual-wielding weapons encourage camping? I'm guessing you mean one SHOT, not...y'know... In that case, one shot with what? What weapons would be one shot because of bloom?