Some info on halo 4 multiplayer bots

Adam91

Thanks for the link but bots would be fun only i think bots are going to be fairly glitchy and sometimes incredibly dumb like standing next to eachother and doing nothing (like what happens in gears of war3)

Good find Adam but, as much as I would like to buy into this...leaking a resume is highly unlikely and a great way to spoof info and report it as actual news. The things that stand out that scream fake, are "Wrote automation in C# that used in-game C++ hooks to create bots that fought each other to stress multiplayer". Any developer or programmer knows damn well you cannot compile a script or executable that runs in a different language. Whatever the base language you are programming for, is the language it is compiled in....unless after writing, you change the file format rules...in which case using C# then switching to C++ is quite pointless...as many syntaxes are out of readability or incorrect. Unless he is referring to the use of macros, used by many player bots today in halo 2 PC and h1.

Second thing I noticed that is ridiculous, is that the information states that bots were created and monitored using out-of-game tools.....no out of game tools are used in production besides the standard tool set created for the engine and support. Tools of this nature would be things like Tool.exe, Guerilla and Sapien or a variation of them.

Lastly notice that this resume is something that was sent from this guy to another company. First off, if you did what you say you did for Halo 4 and was hired on by them...WHY WOULD YOU BE LOOKING FO R ANOTHER JOB?!? Second...an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) would have been signed, as to prevent anyone working on the project from disclosing what you have done for the game prior to release. Unless that type of information is specifically released by Microsoft. And I highly doubt MS allowed this guy to post up his resume for another job application, so people in the community could see some H4 news.

The whole thing just screams fake..sorry, but thats how i see it anyway...

• Like 1

• 11 months later...