Good Cheap Capture Card?

Machinga

Hey, whats up, I was wondering a good, cheap capture card under 20$ I am going to record Madden most likely, but tell me some and it will be much appreciated.

Peace off home-skizzle deezies!!

I guess what i meant is: Anyway to record footage from my Xbox.

Edited by Machinga

Don't want to sound mean or anything, but $20 won't buy you a capture card.... Unless you find one dead cheap on eBay.

Cheapest you will find a(decent) capture card is around $60.... And that's the dazzle DVD recorder. You can get one with a cheap video editor for around $65-70. Warning this capture card is NOT HD.

I say skip that though and invest that extra $20 in either a Roxio $85, or a haupaugge HD PVR $200.

(thank you Donut for telling me about Roxio)

Btw I am going to try to create a Capture card buyers guide topic with a rundown of some of the good ones and ratings for em.

You dont needa capture card per say. If money is real tight like it is for me, you can always find a good deal on a USb to A/V cable. The rate of capture is a pricey HDD cost versus the capture cards, but can work well for game montages that dont require the highest of frame rates. I use mine all the time. I just plug in the A/V from the Xbox into the USb input and viola! Instant PC Monitor turned Game monitor via AVS Video or other 3rd party app.

• Like 1