Sprint and Evade?

Skittlze

so there is something that ive noticed a lot when i look at different threads and that is that many people dont like the idea of AA is halo 4, but still like the idea of sprint and evade.

Would you rather have sprint and evade in halo 4 or just get rid of it completly?

and this is just what i would like to see but i think that itd be cool if they kept them but put them on the same button so you could tap it to evade or hold it to sprint. i just think it would make for fun gameplay. what are your thoughts halo community?

I personally believe that, at the very least, sprinting should return in Halo 4. It allows people to get from one point to the other quicker, escape from a particularly deadly situation, get to their teammates (who might be in danger) quicker, etc. I don't see any harm in including it. It is a feature that, in my eyes, every first person shooter should have.

The problem I have is the way their used. Part of what I love in Halo3 was when people engaged each other it almost always lead to the death of one of them. It created a need to try and outskill your opponent instead of retreating when in danger. Im aware that sometimes you can get away but that required alot of skill and map knowledge as well. But with sprint and evade its very easy to disengage from a firefight and I dont like being able to do that. It makes the fight less intense and personal.

Maybe if the maps were made so sprint was more for mobility it would be fine with me, like Halo CEs blood gulch. If you only had 1 evade and it didnt take you nearly as far that would feel balanced as well.

• Like 1

I say keep sprint, Think of huge maps. Blood Gulch? HUGE! i'm not going to frolic my way over to Blue Base just to get shot, respawn, and try agian! Atleast keep the running speed like Halo 3 had. Valhalla had it's way of getting around, Warthogs, Banshees, Mongoose, Grav Lifts. I'd be fine either way as long as it has some way of moving, we are a spartan II again. So we run faster without Sprint. I'd be fine with or without sprint.

Mystic said somewhere else that AA's other than sprint should be pickups which is something i've agreed with from the start. Sprint, to me, is the most balanced and useful AA in the game and should be included because it keeps a fast pace for the game offensively and defensively, which I think brings a bit more on the fly strategy to the game. While I like your idea for expanding the controls, Skittlze, I have learned through experience that repeatedly powering up and down sprint rapidly can be deployed in numerous evasive and offensive maneuvers. I think all AA's should stay but sprint is my candidate for total integration with the player, although I am a bit wary of the similarities to COD this produces I think that Halo is too far from COD fundamentally to be affected in a way that can't be balanced to keep Halo Halo

sprint and evade should be kept i like them , i like jet pack, but it sucks cuz youll just be in a match walking around looking for some kills and out of no where some guy attacks you from the air, and youre like oh nooooooo , and then he kills you but runs out of jetpack fuel falls down and loses his kill point pecause the jetpack kills you if you just freaking land, ok ,yeah i hate jetpack now

This idea sounds like something I suggested a few weeks back.

I think it could work, though. Movement speed in Reach just felt too slow and I'd prefer games to be faster paced.

I think a return to the speed in CE (the numbers might not be there but it seems like that fastest running in Halo) and a slower sprint might be a good combination.

sprint and evade should be kept i like them , i like jet pack, but it sucks cuz youll just be in a match walking around looking for some kills and out of no where some guy attacks you from the air, and youre like oh nooooooo , and then he kills you but runs out of jetpack fuel falls down and loses his kill point pecause the jetpack kills you if you just freaking land, ok ,yeah i hate jetpack now

I think everyone can agree that we enjoy AA's to an extent, IMO forge without AA's wouldn't be the same and AA's offer something to Halo that isn't in any other game, but how can we balance the random kill and overall randomness in games and still keep the elements of AA's and those AA's create that we enjoy? A group of non AA playlists? Revamped AA's, only certain AA's in loadouts, return to certain ones being pickups?

The problem I have is the way their used. Part of what I love in Halo3 was when people engaged each other it almost always lead to the death of one of them. It created a need to try and outskill your opponent instead of retreating when in danger. Im aware that sometimes you can get away but that required alot of skill and map knowledge as well. But with sprint and evade its very easy to disengage from a firefight and I dont like being able to do that. It makes the fight less intense and personal.

Maybe if the maps were made so sprint was more for mobility it would be fine with me, like Halo CEs blood gulch. If you only had 1 evade and it didnt take you nearly as far that would feel balanced as well.

Why do I get the feeling that mostly everybody is always talking about mulit-player and not campain. It seems the reason why most people don't like AA's are because of the way OTHER people use them in online battles. I have not heard anyone justify why they don't like AA's other than it makes it to hard to kill people, PEOPLE, not AI. Campain is awesome and I play it alot. So, it should at least be back for that.

Why do I get the feeling that mostly everybody is always talking about mulit-player and not campain. It seems the reason why most people don't like AA's are because of the way OTHER people use them in online battles. I have not heard anyone justify why they don't like AA's other than it makes it to hard to kill people, PEOPLE, not AI. Campain is awesome and I play it alot. So, it should at least be back for that.

You must love my posts man xD

To tell the truth, I dont like Reachs campaign. I dont like the enemy AI, i think noble team is stupid, I dont like the "action cutscenes", I dont like the jobs they give you, the story is boring, noble6 is boring, and the only level I enjoy playing is A Long Night of Solace. So I just dont pay attention to the campaign at all. Plus, it completely breaks cannon with the books in every way. Ive only met a few people who like this campaign, and most of them are on this forum. So thats why you see people focus on matchmaking, they dont like the campaign and dont bother to mention it.

You must love my posts man xD

To tell the truth, I dont like Reachs campaign. I dont like the enemy AI, i think noble team is stupid, I dont like the "action cutscenes", I dont like the jobs they give you, the story is boring, noble6 is boring, and the only level I enjoy playing is A Long Night of Solace. So I just dont pay attention to the campaign at all. Plus, it completely breaks cannon with the books in every way. Ive only met a few people who like this campaign, and most of them are on this forum. So thats why you see people focus on matchmaking, they dont like the campaign and dont bother to mention it.

Then it just goes to show the difference in gameplay and style between people. I loved the campain and had a blast with it. If you didn't have fun with it then thats fine to each there own.

Hopefully Halo 4 will be the best Halo ever. I know they can't please everbody, but if they could make both me and you happy with it then it should work because our gaming styles seem to be polar opposites.

• Like 1

Then it just goes to show the difference in gameplay and style between people. I loved the campain and had a blast with it. If you didn't have fun with it then thats fine to each there own.

Hopefully Halo 4 will be the best Halo ever. I know they can't please everbody, but if they could make both me and you happy with it then it should work because our gaming styles seem to be polar opposites.

I hope so too man. And we do appear to be complete opposites lol. I love the trilogy's campaigns, do you happen to like them?

Sprint should definitely stay! In fact, it should be incorporated at all times, meaning you will never be without it. After reading the Halo books I've come to the conclusion that Spartans can run about 40 kph; way faster than sprint even. I'm also pretty sure that i could physically run faster than master chief could in halo 3 in real life. Seriously, why should we be limited to a slow jog all the time? Super soldiers can sprint if the want to for gods sake!

I am also a strong proponent for evade, having played mass effect. The ability to dive to cover is almost as invaluable as the ability to run in battle.

Jet packs have fuel, they should be acquirable equipment that runs out of fuel after a period of usage...

• Like 1

I feel like i'm always doing this so don't take it the wrong way. Ghosts of Onyx was published four years before Reach came out, making it official cannon before Halo 3 came out. Spartan III's are a way of expanding the connection to the legend and mythology of ancient Sparta. Compared to the elite selection of 300 of the most oustanding warriors chosen to defend Thermopylae, Sparta had a standing army (actually composed of every male in the society) of anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000 which is represented by the Spartan III's.

Sure they're different, they won't ever be the same, but they're still spartans. In the campaign you only fight in a confined set of coordinates because not only is that a very important sector of Reach but there were supposed to be about 100,000 Spartan III's (working in various sectors all over the planet i imagine) when the program peaked production around the Fall of Reach. You're part of most badass spec ops Spartan III team there is. I really don't mean this as a rant and i know it's off topic but it might help explain the differences of the games.

I hope so too man. And we do appear to be complete opposites lol. I love the trilogy's campaigns, do you happen to like them?

Yes, I did. However, Reach campain is my favorite besides the original Halo CE. Overall I have really enjoyed ever Halo game I have ever played. Both campain and multiplayer, but I have always been more of a co-op campian and firefight kind of guy. Halo Reach and the AA's is what really got me into online multiplayer.

I feel like i'm always doing this so don't take it the wrong way. Ghosts of Onyx was published four years before Reach came out, making it official cannon before Halo 3 came out. Spartan III's are a way of expanding the connection to the legend and mythology of ancient Sparta. Compared to the elite selection of 300 of the most oustanding warriors chosen to defend Thermopylae, Sparta had a standing army (actually composed of every male in the society) of anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000 which is represented by the Spartan III's.

Sure they're different, they won't ever be the same, but they're still spartans. In the campaign you only fight in a confined set of coordinates because not only is that a very important sector of Reach but there were supposed to be about 100,000 Spartan III's (working in various sectors all over the planet i imagine) when the program peaked production around the Fall of Reach. You're part of most badass spec ops Spartan III team there is. I really don't mean this as a rant and i know it's off topic but it might help explain the differences of the games.

Sorry to burst your bubble bro but there were only ever about 3 groups of a couple hundred Spartan 3s ever trained. Where the hell did you get 100000 from?

Im just gonna say have active camo in multiplayer, it gives the snipers a real chance of playing sprint should stay cause its handy to move, evade only multiplayer cause why would the chief need it.

But jet pack, dropsheild, AL, and hologram should go, and maybe new ones come

Sorry to burst your bubble bro but there were only ever about 3 groups of a couple hundred Spartan 3s ever trained. Where the hell did you get 100000 from?

i mean there were supposed to be 100,000 by the time Reach fell. I'm pretty sure there were at least 1,000 if not more like you're saying. My bad i thought that's for real how many there were

i mean there were supposed to be 100,000 by the time Reach fell. I'm pretty sure there were at least 1,000 if not more like you're saying. My bad i thought that's for real how many there were

No, the spartan III's are suicide troops made to be sent on kamikaze missions. Out of the 3 batches of spartan III's known to be trained, the first was completely obliterated, the second had 2 survivors, and the third had some unknown amount of survivors and one team trapped inside the shield world of Onyx with Halsey and a team of spartan II's. So there should be around 250 spartan III's at the most at the time of reach, unless they were all sent on another suicide mission to die. The game completely breaks with cannon in every form, even the type of armor spartan III's wear.

• Like 2