Too much expectation of Halo 4?

Bubonic Blood

So I've noticed alot of people put too much expectation into Halo 4. Such as being able to drive every vehicle, wanting forerunner, precursor weapons, playing as any character.

This comes natural to any new release though.

People always want more variety, and I understand that, but for me, more variety doesn't always mean more fun.

Like lets say, in multiplayer, I played as a grunt and you played as...a forerunner...then I get angry from dying...and decide to be a forerunner...then everyone else is forerunners and is running around with the most powerful weapon and what not.

Sorry, terrible example, but I hope you understand what I mean. Look at Call of Duty....sure it's popular now, but it's surely going down hill, very rapidly. I'm not a call of duty fan. Though I did like Call of Duty 4, why you ask?

A bit of variety.

Smooth multiplayer gameplay.

No over powered weapons -in my opinion anyways-

__

Now then I played Call of duty modern warfare 2........then the others... and...well you know what I mean.

Sure, we know 343 will listen to us and our needs, but just because we want something, doesn't automatically mean that it is best for the Halo Franchise in general.

Now here's my opinion and what I want for Halo (You don't have to read it, it's pretty irrelevant)

- Smooth gameplay-

-Normal Halo weaponry (Not too much shiny forerunner weaponry)-

-To play as Spartans and Elites in regular matchmaking (And maybe anything else in a different matchmaking playlist)-

-To use a decent amount of vehicles.-

-Beautifully orchestrated music...like in Halo 2-

As for weapon customization......look at Call of duty..they went overboard...now as for Battlefield Bad Company 2, if you have ever played it, the weapon variety is damn near perfect in my opinion.

Now I've always loved Halo 2 more than any other Halo, though I love halo 1 and 3 and odst almost just as much, simply because of the gameplay.

___

So what are your thoughts on Halo 4? What would you like out of Halo 4? What is the future YOU see for it?

Im probably over excited like your warning about xD Just like Reach, I cant imagine the developers adding things we dont agree with.

I really want the fun and competitiveness of halo3 back. If they could turn Forge into the modding of HaloCE PC, H4 would be the best console game ever.

I think one forerunner weapon is the perfect amount, if you think there needs to be more perhaps a few new human and/or covenant weapons that poorly emulate a forerunner weapon is better.

I think there are a lot of people who would love the game even if it was nothing new and continued the series with another amazing story and stayed true to the universe. Hopefully getting every single idea in the open can help us to weed out the rest and keep the better more necessary ones.

Call of Duty going down the drain? I don't think so. In the first five days of it's release MW3 grossed over $750 million. More than any Call of Duty game.

How much money it makes on release doesn't necessarily correspond to its actual quality. As a Call of Duty game and the follow up to Modern Warfare 2, it was always going to make a fortune on release.

Besides, if you look at player reviews, it's actually been quite badly received compared to previous games.

How much money it makes on release doesn't necessarily correspond to its actual quality. As a Call of Duty game and the follow up to Modern Warfare 2, it was always going to make a fortune on release.

Besides, if you look at player reviews, it's actually been quite badly received compared to previous games.

This, cod games are getting worse and worse, but, just because it says call of duty on it, its going to earn millions regardless, because of the name.

and @Bubonic, we can't really make opinions as we haven't seen anything to base opinions of, except a teaser which didn't really show much, if not anything.

i never said opinions can't be made, im just saying that proper opinions should be said after we see the trailer.

Honestly there is a lot of expectation on halo 4 but they have been working on it for 2 years and a half as they said in that halo fest in August . And they will have a lot of surprise for all halo fans. They will keep on working till like August, on trying to keep there fans hopes up and gain fans + to keep fans. There trying there best though I hope that they will be better than bungie. They might of lost some fans on anaversary but I know for a fact that they won't let us down with halo4.