Reaches scoreboard is stupid

InsaneBear

Bring back the old one where it showed you deaths, assists and kills during the game. What is wrong with reach? seriously there is so many little baby changes in the game. Oh ya and if arena is in halo 4, that is probably the worst desicion 343 could make. I just want to see a damn multiplayer clip already! I need to know if this game is going to be a reach 2 or not!

Care to explain what the "baby changes" are? The Reach scoreboard DOES show your kills, deaths, and assists during the game. It also shows your highest time spent alive, what medals you earned, k/d ratio, headshots, tool of destruction, etc. There's nothing stupid or wrong with it.

No it doesn't. Press the back button during a game while you are actually playing and all it shows is your kills during team slayer.

Care to explain what the "baby changes" are? The Reach scoreboard DOES show your kills, deaths, and assists during the game. It also shows your highest time spent alive, what medals you earned, k/d ratio, headshots, tool of destruction, etc. There's nothing stupid or wrong with it.

I think he meant the in-game scoreboard which only shows points. I agree with Insanebear that the in-game scoreboard could be more like Halo 3's which showed much more.

I don't play it and haven't in probably a year.

If you don't play it, why waste your time even speaking out about it? If you don't enjoy the game then simply leave it alone and distance yourself from it. It's that simple. Stop wasting your time filling the forums with your hate of Reach and just post things about what you DO enjoy. The best thing to do when you dislike a game, type of music, etc. is to not waste your time with anything related to it.

• Like 3

InsaneBear, these so called "Facts" you're bringing here to this forum are really Un-Legitimate statements and you are just another little Troll complaining about a game. If you want to be an immature troll, then go to Bungie.net please. We do not need despicable kids who cry about a game in this forum. Run along please, and learn some decent "Facts" before you come back. No one cares if you hate Reach. ;)

• Like 2

Bring back the old one where it showed you deaths, assists and kills during the game. What is wrong with reach? seriously there is so many little baby changes in the game. Oh ya and if arena is in halo 4, that is probably the worst desicion 343 could make. I just want to see a damn multiplayer clip already! I need to know if this game is going to be a reach 2 or not!

343 will release a clip in their own time.

Why do you need to see assists/deaths in game?

Seriously, why? What's the point? All it does is distract you from the actual game.

The after-action report appears afterwards to give you something to do while you're waiting for the next match. That's all it's for.

Having a big detailed thing in-game would only distract players or just not get used. It doesn't add a single thing to gameplay.

• Like 2

Seriously, why? What's the point? All it does is distract you from the actual game.

The after-action report appears afterwards to give you something to do while you're waiting for the next match. That's all it's for.

Having a big detailed thing in-game would only distract players or just not get used. It doesn't add a single thing to gameplay.

Actually, having access to that information is incredibly helpful to good players. I used to play alot of BO, and it has the best scoreboard in gaming. It tells important information in the gamemode, like flag captures/defends, kills/deaths, bomb plants/defused, etc. This allowed me to change how I was playing to defeat the other team. If I see theyre winning because theyre killing us, I can toss out stuns to get an advantage on them and break their setup. If I see theyre PTFOing, they I can focus on capping and defending the objectives. You would probably do the same things if you had access to this info.

Also, when people see someones stats change because they PTFO, it causes them to want to PTFO. Mw3 does not have BOs great scoreboard, and less people go after the objective because it does not show up on the scoreboard. There are many times in Reach when people spawn trap instead of going after the win because the scoreboard wont show their work anyway.

Wow im quoting alot of you stuff today xD

• Like 1

Since when was it distracting? It is very helpful to know how you are doing during a game so that you can change the way you are playing. I feel like everyone is trying to take away from what halo is supposed to be.

No, it isn't 'helpful so you can change the way you're playing'. There's a scoreboard in the bottom right corner that tells you which team is winning, there's an objective marker that lets you know where the objectives are and what's happening with them in your HUD, and if you're incapable of working out what the enemy team is doing on the evidence of what's happening to you and around you, then throwing up a big chart in the middle of battle isn't going to be of use either.

• Like 2

No, it isn't 'helpful so you can change the way you're playing'. There's a scoreboard in the bottom right corner that tells you which team is winning, there's an objective marker that lets you know where the objectives are and what's happening with them in your HUD, and if you're incapable of working out what the enemy team is doing on the evidence of what's happening to you and around you, then throwing up a big chart in the middle of battle isn't going to be of use either.

Bro how can you tell me it isnt helpful? How can you type out my experiences? Im telling you that it has helped me play better. The more information I have access to, the better decisions I can make. I cant always see whos capping the flags or planting the bombs. Even though I can be aware of my surroundings and use that knowledge, things happen outside of my sphere of influence.

Why are you so against this? It wouldnt take too much effort on 343i part, and if you dont want to use it you wouldnt have to.

• Like 1

Seriously... you will not take this away from halo. During team slayer you should see your...kills,assists,deaths.

Seriously... you will not take this away from halo.

You're right, it'll probably be the developers.

You already know if you're having a good game or not; you already know if you're getting killed too much; you already know if your team isn't going for the objective enough. You know who has the bomb or the flag from your HUD and what the score is from the scoreboard.

I accept that things happen outside someone's sphere of influence: but that's the point. If you can't affect it, why worry about it. It doesn't matter who's capturing flags or carrying the bomb as long as somebody is, and you already know if that's the case. I'm against adding a big elaborate scoreboard during the game because it doesn't add anything to the game and potentially leads to less competent players getting abuse from people who take the game too seriously.

• Like 2

You already know if you're having a good game or not; you already know if you're getting killed too much; you already know if your team isn't going for the objective enough. You know who has the bomb or the flag from your HUD and what the score is from the scoreboard.

Yes I know those things, what I want to know is what YOUR doing. Thats the point im trying to get across. I want to know who on your team is doing what so i know whats going on in the game. When Im losing a game its not easy to tell why, theres a whole host of reasons. But a good scoreboard can show in 2 seconds why my team is losing and give me options.

Heres an example:

I see in a CTF game that 1 guy has the flag caps for the team and 2 guys have been going for kills. Now I know, whenever I see that guy anywhere near the flag he should become my priority otherwise he will probably pull another flag. I also know, killing the 2 slayers could help to break my team out of spawn. So now I know how to change the game. If im playing with a team I can tell them that.

Im a tryhard and I hate losing. Its just how I game, nothing I can do about it. Good scoreboards are a great tool for people who want to win, so I guess I want to abuse it exactly like you dont want. Lol.

Also, this would not be hard to make. Halo already tracks all of these stats and more, twinreaper can attest to that. It would be simple to write a program to show people this information ingame.

One of the reasons im fighting for this so hard is because other games already have these things. If halo doesnt continue to update the sideline mechanics then it will become even more unpopular. Im still amazed the killfeed is written in full english instead of using symbols. Its the little details that make people stay with a game after the honey moon period is over. No matter how fun it is at the beginning, missing the little things will grind against most players and make them leave. Thats one of the reasons CoD can only last a year, vanilla reach was unpopular, and Gears3 is going to last a long time.

• Like 1

If your a good player, the scoreboard means a lot. all of you reach kids need to gtfo.

Assuming everyone who plays Reach doesn't know what they're talking about or is a bad player at previous entries in the series. Don't be so silly. You dislike Reach, we know this. Hearing you insult the game and those who play it over and over has become quite tiresome, and a lot of people are sick of hearing it. I've been playing Halo since Combat Evolved. I love Halo: Reach. Does that make me a bad player? Does that mean I don't enjoy the other games or that I don't understand mechanics or things like that? No, it doesn't. It's fine that you don't like Reach, there's nothing wrong with that. It isn't fine that you keep posting your hate for it and it's players every time you get the chance. Enough is enough. I agree that having that extra information might, in some cases, be useful. I do however think that even without it, players can still do just as well. You just need to be more aware of your surroundings and which players are doing what.

• Like 4