Sword Block: Yay or Nay?

RedStarRocket91

Sword Block: Yay or Nay?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that the ability to block an Energy Sword attack with nothing but a standard melee is fair?

• I believe that Sword Block was fair in all game types and that it should not have been removed.
    • I believe that Sword Block was unfair in all game types and that it should have been removed.
    • I believe that Sword Block is fair in some game types but unfair in others, and will provide details in a comment.

Just to interject, I don't think it's ever been possible to block in Living Dead - zombies are set to 200% melee damage, which I think means even if an attack is 'blocked' it still does enough damage to kill outright.

EDIT: Ignore the above, it IS possible to block the sword in Living Dead.

Edited by RedStarRocket91

Just to interject, I don't think it's ever been possible to block in Living Dead - zombies are set to 200% melee damage, which I think means even if an attack is 'blocked' it still does enough damage to kill outright.

Unless it has been changed recently, last i recall I had blocked quite a few swords in Living Dead. Unless I have a horrible memory and was just last man standing.....

The Energy Sword only works at point-blank range. Even if you lunge, you still have to hit them with the sword. And I know from an unfortunately large amount of experience that's it's possible to kill someone while they lunge, if you have a close quarters weapon or broke their shields while they got in close for the lunge. Sword block is completely unfair.

The Halo: Reach 'Energy Sword' was completely ruined!

It should operate just like the Halo 3 sword!

Fast slashing should be blocked as an addition however, lunging shouldn't be blocked, and it isn't.

Sword dueling became the thing of Halo 3 and no longer fun in Halo: Reach.

I personally think NAY! First of all, the energy sword is a close range weapon that has always been a "one-hit", kill at close range. I don't really think that it should be tampered with as I found it to be a great weapon in the game. It seems pretty self explanatory to me, if you see somebody with a sword (close range), you should be thinking logically. Should I rush in there and try to hope that he doesn't slice me? OR, should I throw some grenades in there and then wait for me to be sure that I can kill him, and then pick up the kill. The idea of a sword block gives the opponent the option to run in there and block the sword, then finish with a quick and easy headshot. To me, this seems a bit unfair to the wielder of the energy sword. Secondly, I don't think that combusting plasma is able to be deflected by armor. This to me seems ridiculous, the idea of blocking burning plasma with your arm?

So definitely nay for sword block, thank you 343i for removing it :)

-MaGIIXz

• Like 2