My Halo 4 wish list

Adrenaline

So there is a lot of people who would agree with me on a lot of these things. More so than people who wouldnt agree.

Campaign

No one cares just make it good. Everyone just beats the campaign, gets all the achievements, and forgets about it anyways.

Multiplayer

Here is where things get interesting. As most of us know the reason the Halo franchise has gone down hill is because of its multiplayer.

Ranking System:

First thing you gotta realize is that Halo was always a game that took skill. In Halo 2 if you werent good you would not go up. Thats how it should be as that shows your true skill. Bad kids should never be able to play up against good kids. The good kids never get better and the bad kids never win.

When you have a numbered ranking system such as Halo 2's, you get a number that shows youre true skill. Thus, you will get matched up with people that are the same skill lvl as you or a little bit better. Consequently leading you to being a better player bcuz your skills are progressing. With no numbered ranking system it is impossible to do that.

Today I played Reach, I went into MLG and got my ass stomped bcuz I havent played in a very long time. Then I went into Team Snipers and went 26-4. Thats not how it should be. There is no excuse for that, its a poorly put together game. That would have never happened if I had a number next to my name telling me what ranks I can match up with.

There is something about having a number next to your name, it shows how good you are. When you take that away and put in an xp based leveling system, you **** up the whole system.

This needs to be watched:

Weapons:

Bring in all the new weapons you want 343! But promise me one thing, the BR has to come back, thats all I want!!!!

Armor abilities:

I am going to start out by saying this: There is no spot for armor abilities in any Halo game. Bungie really got way to ahead of themselves when they put that **** in. I guarantee not one person at Bungie, during the development of Halo Reach, actually took a step back and realized what a huge mistake they were making.

It doesnt make since at all as to why there is armor abilities. I mean think about it like this: Halo Reach happened supposedly before Halo 1. So, how the **** did they have more advanced armor? Doesnt make sense. The only way for it to make sense is if there was armor abilities then they got rid of em pretty quickly. Because I dont remember seeing any in Halo 1???

So it makes no damn sense as to why there would be more advanced armor in a time period before Halo 1.

Take the stupid **** out. It takes the original feel of Halo away and turns it into something completely generic and boring. Armor abilites are fkn stupid.

Bloom:

Why is there bloom in the first place?! Halo 1 didnt have bloom? You had to lead youre shots, but there was no spray element. Halo 2 had no bloom? Halo 3 had no bloom? Why the **** put it in?

Dont put bloom into Halo 4 and I will be happy.

Most peoples arguments at me and this post will be that Bungie needed to evolve the series. Which this is true, because every game needs to evolve. But what Bungie did was complete insanity. Its like, to evolve a game into something better you have to change a few things while keeping the same core elements. Bungie I guess said **** that.

My problem with Reach is, that it is not a Halo game at all. The only similarities to other Halos is that it is a FPS and some of the guns are the same. They didnt evolve anything, they made a completely different game.

What 343i needs to do is pretend like reach never happened and build and think of ways to evolve Halo 3. Halo 4 has a number behind it. Thus it should be like the others with a number behind it.

We all need to forget about Reach. In all honesty, I think overall it was a good game. Would I ever spend $60 knowing what I was going to get? **** no I wouldnt.

Halo is dieing. There is an average of 45k - 50k ppl online a day. In Halo 3, there was 180k+ a day. The numbers dont lie. Me and all of my friends played H2 and H3, but when Reach was released we went to Cod. Its very sad to see such a good franchise go so far down. There is no desire to play it, when all you get for a win is some credits, the same thing you get for a loss... Its a noob friendly game now that doesnt reward the skilled. So skilled players should have no reason to play.

***Attention powers that be! I am in no way holding back with this post...ok I may be a little...but you have been warned. If you do not want to be offended or do not want to see what i am writing below this, than vear away now. You have been notified***********

Answered. I'm just gonna start by calling this guy straight out.

Campaign

No one cares just make it good. Everyone just beats the campaign, gets all the achievements, and forgets about it anyways.

Did you forget that multiplayer itself in halo 1 was a last minute add on?!? The entire reason people loved Halo from the start was it's awe inspiring campiagn.Wow what a complete tool. Without a campaign halo would sell far less copies.

Ranking System:

First thing you gotta realize is that Halo was always a game that took skill. In Halo 2 if you werent good you would not go up. Thats how it should be as that shows your true skill. Bad kids should never be able to play up against good kids. The good kids never get better and the bad kids never win.

You could not be any more of a moron to not understand that no mayyer how many you win or lose does not make you the best player. The simple ranking system as I previously called out from the past titles were a joke. Seriously go take a look at the code behind it. Anyone can play on that certain day and get numerous wins. And no the ranking system did not pair you equally with players simply because your dumb number was the same. Just because I happen to be say a level 40, does not mean I am equally as well rounded and got that level 40 by simply performing in the same manner as you did. Yeah, real proof of skill there...let me tell you.

Armor abilities:

I am going to start out by saying this: There is no spot for armor abilities in any Halo game. Bungie really got way to ahead of themselves when they put that **** in. I guarantee not one person at Bungie, during the development of Halo Reach, actually took a step back and realized what a huge mistake they were making.

Do I really have to answer this dumb one Serene? Oh well. Look man, AA's are no different in changing the battlefield than equipment was in Halo 3. The only difference is that unlike the equipment, it can be used until you die and start off with it. have you really ever delved into figuring out why reach ahs the core feel it does? It is because Bungie engineered the core mechanics behind the fact that AA's would function the way they do, and thus we have the particular map style and play feel we have. Oh wait thats right, you were too busy owning noobs with your vast superiority rather than really figure out why. Ugghhh.

Bloom:

Why is there bloom in the first place?! Halo 1 didnt have bloom? You had to lead youre shots, but there was no spray element. Halo 2 had no bloom? Halo 3 had no bloom? Why the **** put it in?

Hi, my name is GIANT TOOL BAG, I have never played a Halo game in my life. Seriously this one is just balls to the wall wrong and you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm gonna spare your simple mind a bit, and just let you sift around the million other threads about bloom that I have replied to with extracted tag data from each title to explain what bloom is, and that YES it was in every single Halo title since the start. The H1 pistol didn't have bloom........I'm peein myself silly laughing over here!

We all need to forget about Reach. In all honesty, I think overall it was a good game. Would I ever spend $60 knowing what I was going to get? **** no I wouldnt

Hi, I am also a basement dwelling mommy moocher that has no capacity to read, watch, play or in any other way find out details about a game before it launches. Wow dude just wow. yeah, just forget or ignore the BETA!!!!!!!!! you got to play, or the countless hours of TV and internet footage and interviews they provided to inform gamers of what this game was going to be. Do me a favor take that $60 and pay your mom some damn rent.

Seriusly, you actually posted a video about some 2 couch basement dwelling morons who understand nothing about the core mechanics of the Reach engine or how REAL statistical data collection and interpretation works. Good job to you dude, you get the brown stink star of the day. Did you even bother to re-read or proof read what you wrote before posting this insane pile of garbage you call a topic? I could spend a solid 2 weeks writing a novel the size of Goblet of Fire on what you said, how you said it, and why you wrong utilizing a myriad of game data extracted directly from the tag sets adn intercepted netcode data. After all that junk you wrote, you dare say you know what a Halo game is?!? Halo 1 pistol didn't have bloom....god I am still holding my sides at that one. but it's ok man, I will be more than happy to continue to educate you through humiliation if this is the best you are going to have to offer this community.

• Like 4

lol im glad to see twin finally stopped pulling his punches...i agree 100%..if people want to act like they know whats best for halo then they should atleast gain some knowledge of gameplay mechanics and game design...i think alot of the complaints stem from the fact that people got so used to halo being a certain way. and when reach came they where offended at the thought of having to orient themselves to new game mechanics. reach is a mostly balanced and a fun game with various strategies and play styles.

its a polished game what more do people want? they want a game that feels like halo...the problem is everyone has a different idea of what halo feels and plays like. at the end of they day its a matter of opinion and thats why we need different playlists for different playstyles.

as far as knowing what kind of game reach would be before purchase: i think the beta was a good enough demo. infact the beta is what made me want to buy reach because i loved the beta....the beta even had features that the final game did not...like an awesome metal clang sound effect when people melee'd eachother at the same time. it sounded like the guns where hitting eachother and would knock you both back...it was beyond epic, i have no idea why they scrapped such an epic sound effect...

if you didnt like the beta you should have not purchased the game simple as that.... the beta should had been an indication of things to come simply because armor lock was 50% more devastating and overpowered in the beta. not only that but DMR bloom was way worse....the bloom spread would get double the size twice as fast. you HAD to pace your shots in the beta...

if those things didnt hint you enough as to the type of game reach was going to be then sorry friend but there is no hope for you....

***Attention powers that be! I am in no way holding back with this post...ok I may be a little...but you have been warned. If you do not want to be offended or do not want to see what i am writing below this, than vear away now. You have been notified***********

Answered. I'm just gonna start by calling this guy straight out.

Campaign

Did you forget that multiplayer itself in halo 1 was a last minute add on?!? The entire reason people loved Halo from the start was it's awe inspiring campiagn.Wow what a complete tool. Without a campaign halo would sell far less copies.

Ranking System:

You could not be any more of a moron to not understand that no mayyer how many you win or lose does not make you the best player. The simple ranking system as I previously called out from the past titles were a joke. Seriously go take a look at the code behind it. Anyone can play on that certain day and get numerous wins. And no the ranking system did not pair you equally with players simply because your dumb number was the same. Just because I happen to be say a level 40, does not mean I am equally as well rounded and got that level 40 by simply performing in the same manner as you did. Yeah, real proof of skill there...let me tell you.

Armor abilities:

Do I really have to answer this dumb one Serene? Oh well. Look man, AA's are no different in changing the battlefield than equipment was in Halo 3. The only difference is that unlike the equipment, it can be used until you die and start off with it. have you really ever delved into figuring out why reach ahs the core feel it does? It is because Bungie engineered the core mechanics behind the fact that AA's would function the way they do, and thus we have the particular map style and play feel we have. Oh wait thats right, you were too busy owning noobs with your vast superiority rather than really figure out why. Ugghhh.

Bloom:

Hi, my name is GIANT TOOL BAG, I have never played a Halo game in my life. Seriously this one is just balls to the wall wrong and you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm gonna spare your simple mind a bit, and just let you sift around the million other threads about bloom that I have replied to with extracted tag data from each title to explain what bloom is, and that YES it was in every single Halo title since the start. The H1 pistol didn't have bloom........I'm peein myself silly laughing over here!

We all need to forget about Reach. In all honesty, I think overall it was a good game. Would I ever spend $60 knowing what I was going to get? **** no I wouldnt

Hi, I am also a basement dwelling mommy moocher that has no capacity to read, watch, play or in any other way find out details about a game before it launches. Wow dude just wow. yeah, just forget or ignore the BETA!!!!!!!!! you got to play, or the countless hours of TV and internet footage and interviews they provided to inform gamers of what this game was going to be. Do me a favor take that $60 and pay your mom some damn rent.

Seriusly, you actually posted a video about some 2 couch basement dwelling morons who understand nothing about the core mechanics of the Reach engine or how REAL statistical data collection and interpretation works. Good job to you dude, you get the brown stink star of the day. Did you even bother to re-read or proof read what you wrote before posting this insane pile of garbage you call a topic? I could spend a solid 2 weeks writing a novel the size of Goblet of Fire on what you said, how you said it, and why you wrong utilizing a myriad of game data extracted directly from the tag sets adn intercepted netcode data. After all that junk you wrote, you dare say you know what a Halo game is?!? Halo 1 pistol didn't have bloom....god I am still holding my sides at that one. but it's ok man, I will be more than happy to continue to educate you through humiliation if this is the best you are going to have to offer this community.

well said.

Firstly I know that most of you will disagree with me (the fact that you are on the 343 forums suggests that you are still playing reach and therefore appreciate the additions/changes that have been made to the Halo IP.

I'd personally prefer that AA's are removed in Halo 4 and that the 1-50 ranking was re-introduced (for the record I was not, nor have I ever been a 50 in any Halo game - but I enjoyed working towards improving my rank more than earning credits).

After playing the CE Anniversary hopper it felt right that it was just me and my weapons until I earnt anything else (whether that be weapons or equipment).

Other than that I think basing the halo 4 multiplayer on reach foundations is the way forward.

• Like 1

The thing to remember is that every AA in Reach has for the most part, and is at its core, a mobile reusable "EQUIPMENT" item from Halo 3. AA's tbough a great addition would fit into the newer Halo sequels but I will agree thay should not be there unless they could improve them or tie them into the story line. Reach has a great blam engine variant powering it and the core basics will definatly be a step in the right direction towards Halo 4. I agree with your way of thinking....which doesnt happen much. lol

My only issue with AA's is the pacing of the game when they are introduced. It's a lot quicker and 'arcadier' when you are relying on your gunning, strafing and nades to fight to power weapons. AA's seem difficult to balance and nail down - they also encourage horrible tactical plays (I'm looking at you armour lock). I can see AA's being used effectively if they are well thought out - a combination of both may work if certain AA's are removed.

Plus it normally only leaves two key areas on the map to dominate - I liked the idea of rushing camo/over shield at the start of a match while everyone else rushed the sniper/rockets and then using the physical advantage I have gained to try to take control of the power weapons.