Will the BR or DMR be in Halo 4?

rassman

Personally, I have never used the BR. I have only played H1, some of H3, and Reach. But I loved Reach, and weapon I loved most, was the DMR. I loved that is was a one shot weapon that you could use without killing in one headshot, but still feel accoplished with only using 3-5 shots to pwn an enemy. I say, if they want to make people happy, they ought to put both in the game. Seriously.

I don't think they can bring back the DMR for the better. If they wanna do anything for the better weapon-wise, they'd have the BR return. I've been thinking, and what they could've done is taken away the BR so we'd want it, so that when 343 was introduced they could bring it back and that would be a 'warm welcome' and we'd like them more. -OR because they knew EVERYONE would buy it if it includes the BR.

*MARKETING*

I honestly believe it HAS to be the BR. Because the DMR was issued during Reach while the BR was issued during Halo 2. Which means the BR is the newer model. It also needs to be the BR because Chief could'nt possibly have a DMR because there were none on the frigate he was on at the end of Halo 3. So what do you think BR or DMR and what are your reasons?

dDUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why can't the two of them just co-exist?

Increase the spread of the Battle Rifle so it's somewhat less effective at range than its Halo 3 counterpart, and leave it with little to no recoil and a 2x magnification scope. Four shots to a kill is fine, although firing rate should be adjusted so it's balanced properly against the Assault Rifle, or whatever is the new automatic general-purpose weapon.

At the same time, bring the DMR down to four shots per kill (provided the fourth shot hits in the head), but give it some minor to moderate recoil and reduce the firing rate. Leave the scope at 3x magnification. Bring it back to twelve rounds in the magazine like in the Reach beta - this can be explained canonically as it having a larger calibre of bullet to deal with tougher enemies, which is also why it kills in less hits.

Both guns have three spare magazines, allowing for a potential twelve kills before ammunition runs out, providing every shot hits.

And suddenly they fit together perfectly. The Battle Rifle works slightly better at medium ranges as its shots spread too much to get reliably four or five shot kills at the DMR's better range, while the DMR goes back to its original role as a medium-long range weapon, and loses out at Battle Rifle range due to its lower firing rate.

Why can't the two of them just co-exist?

Increase the spread of the Battle Rifle so it's somewhat less effective at range than its Halo 3 counterpart, and leave it with little to no recoil and a 2x magnification scope. Four shots to a kill is fine, although firing rate should be adjusted so it's balanced properly against the Assault Rifle, or whatever is the new automatic general-purpose weapon.

At the same time, bring the DMR down to four shots per kill (provided the fourth shot hits in the head), but give it some minor to moderate recoil and reduce the firing rate. Leave the scope at 3x magnification. Bring it back to twelve rounds in the magazine like in the Reach beta - this can be explained canonically as it having a larger calibre of bullet to deal with tougher enemies, which is also why it kills in less hits.

Both guns have three spare magazines, allowing for a potential twelve kills before ammunition runs out, providing every shot hits.

And suddenly they fit together perfectly. The Battle Rifle works slightly better at medium ranges as its shots spread too much to get reliably four or five shot kills at the DMR's better range, while the DMR goes back to its original role as a medium-long range weapon, and loses out at Battle Rifle range due to its lower firing rate.

Sorry to be so bluntly offensive, but incorperating both the Battle Rifle and the DMR and deluting them both would be a horrible idea. It would be like constantly being teased by having two of the MAIN weapons both of which are largely deluted from their true form. That would drive me insane. To be holding THE Battle Rifle, and it not perform like one? No. -and there couldn't be a reason that they both randomly don't perform/ARE BUILT half as well. No offense

I peronsally delieve that they are making a triumverate of utility weaons. In Halo Reach, 2, and 3, the BR and Carbine were analouges of each other, but suited different playstyles with The BR being a harder-hitting, slower firing weapon, and the Carbine being slightly weaker but able to put out more shots. The same was with the Needle Rifle and DMR in Reach ( I feel that the play very nicely in the sandbox of Reach).

In Halo 4 however, There could be (i'm saying could because i don't know if my source is lying or not) 3 utility weapons playing off of each other. One is a forerunner single-shot weapon the fires slower than the [bR] and takes longer to fore than a BR busrs, but hits harder in general and has less shots than the [bR] before it overheats. The [bR] is an average weapon, with 36 shots and such, but spread is increased from Halo 3 a bit. Overall it's the same weapon you know and love. The last weapon is like the Carbine. It fires fater, has more ammo, but loses acuracy quickly.

The [bR] is an average weapon, with 36 shots and such, but spread is increased from Halo 3 a bit. Overall it's the same weapon you know and love.

No one would love the BR if it had reticle bloom. I would be so mad if they brought back the BR and had reticle bloom. It wouldn't be the same.

I personally liked the DMR. Might just be me though...

I would like to see a whole bunch of completely new weapons, may increase the longevity of the game.

Ya I do hope it's a really detailed, long campaign. That would be incredible. -but if it is long, not make it seem like they tried to make it long, if you know what I mean. I would like one naturally flowing, full, 'Halo - rich' campaign.

Doubt the DMR would be in Halo 4. However.... The chances of having a BR could also be slim.. since it is a new game, and Chief is on a new planet, Chief may not have access to UNSC weapons and who knows what there will be. I could very well be wrong and he could have access to UNSC weapons.

We may very well find the successor to the BR in Halo 4. Who knows. It's all just speculation for now.

dont forget the frigate the chief is on has some unsc weapons stored on it so it may be possible to see the BR