What are your earliest Halo Reach memories and experiences

PHIL0S0PHY

I think the first time I saw Halo: Reach was either of these:

1. In the 2009 Teaser Trailer in late 2009 or early 2010. I distinctly remember seeing it on my friend's 360, but at what point I don't remember.
  2. In the Gameinformer issue of February 2010, which I still have in my closet.  :laughing:

Here's the 2009 Teaser:

And this is the article on the Gameinformer site about their issue: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/01/08/news-february-cover-revealed.aspx

The cover as well:

202cover.jpg

Playing it was a different story. I don't remember ANYTHING about Halo after looking over the GI Reach issue. It might-of been because I had a PS3 at the time, and anything Xbox related did not compute to me. I think the reason I got a PS3 was because my old 360 red-ringed, and I ended up breaking it beyond repair in effort to fix it (fml).

I only managed to start playing when my PS3 was destroyed, and I got a 360 S in August 2011. Though it's possible I went to a LAN for Reach before that, but I don't remember anything specific. Only LANs dedicated to Halo 3.

In any case, the span between August 2011 to just before the launch of Halo 4 was the golden age of Reach as far as I'm concerned. Those were the days...

• Like 1

I think the first time I saw Halo: Reach was either of these:

• In the 2009 Teaser Trailer in late 2009 or early 2010. I distinctly remember seeing it on my friend's 360, but at what point I don't remember.
  • In the Gameinformer issue of February 2010, which I still have in my closet. :laughing:
Here's the 2009 Teaser:

And this is the article on the Gameinformer site about their issue: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/01/08/news-february-cover-revealed.aspx

The cover as well:

202cover.jpg

Playing it was a different story. I don't remember ANYTHING about Halo after looking over the GI Reach issue. It might-of been because I had a PS3 at the time, and anything Xbox related did not compute to me. I think the reason I got a PS3 was because my old 360 red-ringed, and I ended up breaking it beyond repair in effort to fix it (fml).

I only managed to start playing when my PS3 was destroyed, and I got a 360 S in August 2011. Though it's possible I went to a LAN for Reach before that, but I don't remember anything specific. Only LANs dedicated to Halo 3.

In any case, the span between August 2011 to just before the launch of Halo 4 was the golden age of Reach as far as I'm concerned. For me anyway. Those were the days...

I remember that game in former, I spent so long studying the picture and what was said.

Reach was the first Halo I payed for myself and got on release. Like I mentioned in a previous post I had to leech off of my neighbours console and games so getting this on release and diving in feet first was quite the experience.

I was so glad that the Title Update from 343i came around to fix the Armor Lock nonsense and make bloom less of an annoyance.

And even after all my time spent playing SP, MP and custom games I never hit the max rank.

• Like 1

Reach was the first Halo I payed for myself and got on release. Like I mentioned in a previous post I had to leech off of my neighbours console and games so getting this on release and diving in feet first was quite the experience.

I was so glad that the Title Update from 343i came around to fix the Armor Lock nonsense and make bloom less of an annoyance.

And even after all my time spent playing SP, MP and custom games I never hit the max rank.

I haven't either lol

I remember tearing apart the clan community way way back by accidentally starting a free for all match with about 6 different clans.

It resulted in every one of them hating each other and disbanding and even more feuding from the resulting split off clans.

I remember tearing apart the clan community way way back by accidentally starting a free for all match with about 6 different clans.

It resulted in every one of them hating each other and disbanding and even more feuding from the resulting split off clans.

That's why I don't like clans, they see themselves as so high and might that if they are killed in a custom game they have to go to war. Stupid.