Community Spotlight: BTB.net

Drizzy_Dan

btb_logo2.png

BigTeamBattle.net (BTBnet) is a forum dedicated to competitive large-scale team play in Halo. Dating back to Halo 3, BTBnet was created by previous owner Anubis x MT and has since undergone many leadership changes. Currently,  admin and owner TsengMao of eLevate Gaming runs the site in hopes to put competitive Big Team back on the map. He bought it in wake of Master Chief Collection dropping which did not turn out to well however Halo 5 has proven to be quite successful. I recently found my way there to support Matclan, whom I met on the Meet Your Maker Big Team Battle Forge Contest judging panel, on his site's then-upcoming tournament. 

Summer Shootout

gallery_19087_797_608305.png

The success of $1000 Summer Shootout Tournament brought life back to the forums of BTB.net with 160+ members registering to be in their tournament where winners would receive J!NX shirts, caps, jerseys, and part of a $1000 prize pool funded by Dave Easily. These guys, especially Mao, certainly have connections. Check out the stream where Matclan and I tried our best at some commentating in the spoiler (go easy on us, it was our first time).

Forums

gallery_19087_797_226296.png

BTBnet has news for Halo and itself on its pages. It gives registered members forums to write in, a chat box, team registrar, and streams for players to enjoy. Bigteambattle.net runs on phpbb which should seem familiar to the much older members here or people who frequent the Podtacular forums. The Chatbox allows players to quickly post lobby announcements and even posts official announcements from admins automatically: 

Chatbox

gallery_19087_797_294980.png

BTBnet is a good place to meet skilled competitive players for large lobbies. Check it out some time and take a look at what Matclan had to say in our interview. Look for more Community Spotlights in the future.

-Driz

• Like 5

Until the BTB competition, I hadn't really heard of this site besides a couple random mentions once in a while. Although this place sure gets a lot of attention now because of the tournament. It was actually mentioned in Podtacular's recent podcast.

It seems like this site is better for game invites then some, though I feel it may not be so good in the way of actual discussion of other topics. But that's fine, we only need one good community forum ;)

• Like 2

I still think i'm waiting for an account confirmation email from BTB.net lol...

But anywho, the place looks great. Love the colour scheme. Had no clue it has been around for so long. And I thought our community here was old. :\ 

Great idea Driz! :taco: