1 thing I hope they bring from Reach over to Halo 4

Trude174

Nah, they should go with a ranking system more similar to Halo 2's system. Halo 3 basically allowed people to win 40 games and not rank up, then lose one and rank down twice. That's just flat out stupid and inconsistent. I don't care if it takes one game to rank up or down, or 5 games, or if it works on a sliding scale, as long as they have a fixed system that rules out bull**** from happening. The true skill system is too flawed to be kept.

You make a good point. Halo 2 rank system was legit. I remember you could go online and see how many games you needed to win to rank up. Granted not many people got to the rank of 50 but thats how it should be. I have had a.few gamertags for h3 and your right the ranking is so inconsistent. One name I get a 50 with no problems but the next name ranks up half as fast. Either way ill be happy if it's not like reach.

You make a good point. Halo 2 rank system was legit. I remember you could go online and see how many games you needed to win to rank up. Granted not many people got to the rank of 50 but thats how it should be. I have had a.few gamertags for h3 and your right the ranking is so inconsistent. One name I get a 50 with no problems but the next name ranks up half as fast. Either way ill be happy if it's not like reach.

yeah, you're right. i take back what i said about including halo 3's ranking system. halo 2's was much better.

I am with every one here on wanting a more legitimate ranking system and it needs to actually earned instead of handed to you like you're playing T-Ball. I have long felt that the numeric ranked should reflect the "ranked" playlist and the military rank should reflect the "social" rank and your "global" rank reflect both, say a 45 - Commander / 50 - 5 Star General. I differ with some in that I want to see armor earned as well and if credits do some how survive, use them for attachment, armor colors, visor colors, wear and tear effects on the armor, etc.

The Daily and Weekly challenges held little interest for me, but most really enjoyed them. I expect they will be the norm from here on. My lack of interest may have been because I despised the credit for rank system.

I agree with HaloScreamTage that 343ind. needs to strive for excellency.