XBOX 360 rrod reballing.

SamF1sh

Yes. Reballing is the last thing you want to do though. You should first try to re-flow the solder joints of the gpu. In most cases, it is not only the GPU but also the CPU that can cause the RROD. Not enough info is yet known about all the direct causes, but it is widely accepted and guessed that all issues stem from the GPU. In some cases, it has been found that certain capacitors cause it as well. In any case mate, good luck! Re-balling and reflowing are not fun chores.

• Like 1

Yes. Reballing is the last thing you want to do though. You should first try to re-flow the solder joints of the gpu. In most cases, it is not only the GPU but also the CPU that can cause the RROD. Not enough info is yet known about all the direct causes, but it is widely accepted and guessed that all issues stem from the GPU. In some cases, it has been found that certain capacitors cause it as well. In any case mate, good luck! Re-balling and reflowing are not fun chores.

Dude....what are you, Mc Guyver? lol It is hard not to admire your knowledge, not that I have tried, I sincerely hope you are a permanent fixture of this site.

Re-balling and reflowing are not fun chores.

You ain't kidding there, I re-flowed mine last year and I consider myself to be pretty efficient at soldering and it still was a pain in the ass. My advice, make sure you have good equipment, crappy tools will make this almost impossible.