Bungie recasts Destiny voice actor Peter Dinklage

20105307.5428548b2bbe4.pngBungie recasts the Ghost!

It appears the legendary Dinklebot is no more folks! smile.png

Recently Bungie announced that Peter Dinklage is being recast and being replaced by Nolan North, Nolan North being known for his role in the Uncharted game series as the voice of Drake. Or Desmond in the Assassins creed series. Though this recast may come as no surprise to some. Due to the criticism Peter has been given for his performance as the Ghost already.

This recasting will start with the latest expansion the Taken King, but not only that, Nolan is redoing all the Ghosts lines in the original game too. “We wanted Nolan North’s version of the Ghost to wake you up at the start of the journey at level one and follow you all the way to level forty" Said Creative director Luke Smith on the subject of the recasting. They will be keeping the same script as the original game but Nolan has promised he will be bring his own flair to the Ghost.

“They let me bring what I wanted to the role. You have to give it your own spin. For that reason, I specifically said I didn’t want to hear anything that someone else had done, so that I didn’t have some preconceived notion of what it has to be. Instead, I just gave it my stamp, and let them direct me accordingly.” Nolan North said on the subject of the recasting.

Not only that but Nolan has expressed enthusiasm for continuing his role in future Destiny content be it the next game or dlc. “I’m hoping we’re doing this for years. If I get a chance to continue with the role, I think we can evolve Ghost as we move forward over the years. In the same way that the player learns about the game and the world, maybe the Ghost grows with them.”

Thanks for reading folks.

Now for the sauce: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/08/04/destiny-recasts-its-most-important-character-with-nolan-north-9709.aspx?utm_content=buffercaee7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

( Personal note: Peter has been missing for the last two expansions and judging from the comments of Luke smith I can make the assumption Bungie tried to get Peter back for the last two expansions but failed to do so. Leading to this recast. )

Edited by Big_Boss
Off-site links removed: please link directly to the original source, and do not use short links.
  • Like 2

I heard about this a few days ago, this is really interesting to me and I'm happy that they're redoing the ghost. The only sad thing about this is the fact that I can't call him the Dinklebot once the Taken King comes out. Maybe the Drakeobot...

Nice work on your first news article Caboose :thumbsup:

Edited by Yang Xiao Long
  • Like 1

No one gave it a like because Caboose wrote it? Too much hate.

Anyway, this is good! Destiny sucks, but if Bungie learns their lessons like they did in this situation, they might pull off a good game next time around.

Was waiting for sauce.