To 343 Industries

Roel Maas

Dear 343 Industries,

Please let Halo be Halo.

- Gameplay over grapics.

- Mulitplayer whit the same weapons for every player (same loadout, same abilities) Arena play!

- No special abilities, just skills!

- Last but not least, Halo is a game you play with your friend on your couch, so a spitscreen of 4 people is a must! please don't make the same mistake as Halo 4 and try to change the Halo feeling...

Kind regards,

a Halo reach player, because Halo 4 wasn't Halo anymore. If you all want to develop a game like COD, go work at Treyarch and leave the Halo family if it's still a family...

• Like 1

Halo 4's Lead Design was formerly from Treyarch. So, if that makes you feel whatever mood you want that's good/bad.

Anyways, Gameplay has changed. If you played the Halo 5 Beta, you would have experienced how great Halo 5's multiplayer was, it's changed. But skills matter more than anything. You're forced to play as a team now, noobs will have a hard time while pros will be having what they want. Abilities didn't change much, they're just fun little new additions that make sense as well as make it fun.

I don't know why Gameplay over Graphics matters. But I would most definitely take really good graphics any day, as long as the game play is good. I don't care which comes first in the development. But Graphics usually comes first. I mean, it's Xbox One. Why use 360p? When the system gives you 1080p. That wouldn't make sense.

Lastly, say what you like. Halo is still Halo. It changes. That's the Halo I know. Games like Call of Duty don't change in gameplay.  It's the same thing over and over. If you like repition, that's where I point you at. Call of Duty. Although they aren't bad games, if I say so myself. They're just repition for multiplayer.

• Like 4

^

To add to this everyone now has the same weapons when starting. :)

So its back to "arena play"

Halo 5 is definitely more like Halo 3/2 than Halo 4/Reach in terms of multiplayer.

So you have little to fear, Halo 5 will have that "Halo feeling"

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 1

- Gameplay over grapics.

- Mulitplayer whit the same weapons for every player (same loadout, same abilities) Arena play!

- Last but not least, Halo is a game you play with your friend on your couch, so a spitscreen of 4 people is a must! please don't make the same mistake as Halo 4 and try to change the Halo feeling...

- Why not both? Having good graphics doesn't immediately mean that the gameplay suffers from it.

- Halo 5 is all about Arena gameplay. Everyone starts out with the same 'loadout'.

- The special abilities take skill to use properly. You can't spam the thrusters or try to groundpound without thought as you'll get taken out instantly due to overexposing yourself.

- No splitscreen has already been confirmed. It wouldn't work with the 60fps. Now hold on, I can already feel you wanting to reply "just make splitscreen 30fps!" and to that I say I dare you to go back to the Xbox 360 and play any Halo (they're all 30fps). It's an absolute eyesore!

• Like 1

Because they're obviously going to scrap 3+ years of work three months before release.

Y'know, MCC was made for a reason, an it is mostly functional now (Inb4 someone doesn't know what mostly means). If you want to play the older style of Halo, there is literally nothing stopping you (Unless Australia). Why keep everything the same? What would be the point of making new games if you're not going to implement new features or make graphical fidelity better?

I would rather every game play different from the last, regardless whether I enjoy it or not, just for variety. I loved H4 but I'm glad H5 isn't the same; if I wanted to play 4, or 3, or CE (Or lolhalo2) I'd go play those games.

Also, when was the last time you honestly say down and played 4-player splitscreen regularly? How often? Maybe a couple times a year for a social gathering? It's funny how so many people play off that they rely on 4-way split when the vast majority of the player base doesn't use it.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind if they brought back the Halo 3 multiplayer lobby separations.

One group of playlists that are ranked and also Arena styled.

One group of playlists that aren't ranked that are casual styled.

This way everybody who plays is happy (with this specific piece of the game, probably not overall though cuz people).

^

^

CORRECTION!

Split screen is available, just limited to two players at a time. :)

Splitscreen is only available to multiplayer and only 2 people, not co-op campaign. In order to play co-op campaign, you have to pay for XBL Gold.

Dear 343 Industries,

Please let Halo be Halo.

- Gameplay over grapics.

Kind regards,

a Halo reach player, because Halo 4 wasn't Halo anymore. If you all want to develop a game like COD, go work at Treyarch and leave the Halo family if it's still a family...

Dear 343,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING RID OF THE BR/DMR OVERPOPULATION PROBLEM. Allowing everyone to start with an AR is MAGICAL!!!! Once again the real gritty players who ruled the world during REACH will return to the throne!.

Okay, I'm just gonna put this out there, that I love Halo 3, CE, 2A and 4 (Reach somewhat, but 2 is terrible). Like @@BaconShelf said, if you want to enjoy those games (except Reach), then play MCC (once it's fully fixed). But in order for Halo to stay relevant, the games need to evolve. Why do you think Call of Duty's repetitivity gets a lot of criticism? Games need to change so they don't become monotonous. I can understand some people disliking Halo 4 because of custom loadouts, as it does change the core structure of the Halo series (though I personally enjoyed it myself) but Halo 5 takes gameplay back to its roots; by being an arena shooter.

Custom loadouts and ordnance drops are gone. And as for the abilities, they add variety to the game. "No special abilities, just skills!" I'm not sure what you mean by that, abilities allow you to gain an advantage in a firefight if you know how to use them properly. Aiming skill is still there, and if you use the abilities wrong, then you'll get killed. The Halo series is known for adding mechanics each game to keep it from becoming too repetitive; Halo 2 added dual-wielding and hijacking, did anyone hate on Bungie for that? Halo 3 added equipment, did anyone hate on Bungie for that? No because it keeps the arena-style gameplay that Halo is known for, but the Spartan Abilities in Halo 5 also don't break the arena-style gameplay either.

-Someone who has played the game.

• Like 1