Will Marty O'Donnell be involved in the halo games music?

Adam91

ive been wondering if marty o'donnell will be involved with the new halo trilogy soundtracks, i know 343i has got someone for the audio part of the game but ive been told that marty will be involved with it aswel and others have said that he is just staying with bungie so he wont be doing it, im not sure who to believe went it come to this subject, does any one know for sure if this will be happening or not, thanks.

According to an interview of 343i done by GameInformer, Marty O'Donnel's compositions are still considered part of the essential heart of Halo. He, himself, will not be part of the process, however the music he has created will be maintained and expanded upon. There's a lot riding on faith right now but I'm feeling very confident in everything I've seen and read about 343... I believe we are in for something phenomenal.

Imo Halo wouldn't have been as compelling of a game to play without the masterpiece that Bungie had created being coupled with for it's time a soundtrack that truly spoke to people, you could pre-near close your eyes and feel the emotions coming out of the game by just listening to the symphony in the background.

That is what made Marty amazing in my own oppinion, a true sense of feeling was added to the game when those arcaic voices slowly started humming in - And the start of the drums and that wicked guitar riff that was made infamous by Halo:2.

Not sure why I rambled that but Halo was an epic game in my oppinion and was polished off with the most soothing, melodical yet riveting soundtrack that got you just as pumped as the debut trailer release.