Halo 5 : "New Spartan" Not NEW?!?!

FadedWHoo

Recently 343 released a picture with a Mysterious Spartan and Master Chief. Many Halo fans had no idea how to take the picture, since he has only shown up once before in halo before this photo. In Halo 2: Anniversary Edition this mysterious spartan shows up in the "very first cutscene". He is known as Locke an ex-spartan who goal is to track down (in his words) "the spartan" he then shows one of the Elite commando's a Hologram of Master Chief. Here the link to a Picture of the Master Chief and Locke's Photo http://teambeyond.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Halo-5-Double-Spartan.jpg

Here is the picture of Locke in Halo 2: Anniversary Edititon http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10748411_741316482572153_22150367_n.jpg

I would imagine we play as this Locke Bounty Hunter and try to track down our loved Master Chief. No one will know until Halo 5 is Out. Cant wait. Also reply to this and tell me what you think.

I think you've missed out on a lot of details regarding Agent Locke.

343i have talked about him a lot, including the actor who plays him in Halo Nightfall, Agent Locke is an ONI officer who changed from man to machine over the course of the 5 episode live action series, he makes his first ingame appearance in the Halo 2 Anniversary Prologue and Epilogue cutscenes which tie directly into Halo 5 Guardians.

Spartan Locke at that point is tasked with finding out why the Master Chief has gone off on his own accord, and to bring him back for the UNSC. The Elite that was shown the hologram was the infamous Arbiter, who is in his diplomatic armour suit, seen during the events of Halo Escalation comic series. It must be also noted that Spartan Locke commands a unidentified Spartan Fireteam, which are seen in the background of the two cutscenes.

343i have said, while we may know who and what he is pre-Halo game, the events of Halo Nightfall forge him into what he ultimately becomes, which we don't know.

• Like 1