Halo 2 Remastered?

No, I think you need to re read what he said. You're obviously misreading what he's saying. He said that some people dislike Halo 2, and that they only dislike it because they like the MC. That's what he said. I replied stating that I dislike Halo 2, yet I dislike the MC as well. I said he was wrong because of that, which he is.

Oh...wow I totally didn't see that. Yeah that is wrong lol my bad

I have looked over many posts in many different forums about this subject as im sure some of you have. First, im glad to see Halo CE is getting a well deserved resurrection. I played H1 not long after it was released and the next day i traded my ps2 and all my games just for an Xbox and H1(so worth it, and still would do the same today). Split screening with friends in co-op and multiplayer changed my perception of fps. When i got H2 i couldnt put the controller down. I remember the first time i got on live i was up almost 2 days straight lol. As time went on i got more of my friends hooked and of course just like so many others met friends thru multiplayer. i really felt the camaraderie even bungie talks about in their vids of why halo ment so much during the making. Ive played H3 and Reach and def dont feel that in either. Nor the sharp competitiveness. Before H3 i played with some of the best MLG pros(Ghandi, Karma, Ghostayame, Fonzi, Walshy, to name a few). I know 343 will be busy focusing on newer Halos and trying to prove that they can be true to Halos nature. I think they've started on a good foot with H1 re-release, but i think it would be even bigger to bring back the rawness of H2 to the 360 that i feel Halos multiplayer has been missing for some time. Not everyone will agree. This is just my opinion, but people are speaking up and i feel that something thats gave me so many great memories is worth putting my 2 cents in about. And where better than here?

• Like 1

Well, you can forget about Halo 2 ever coming back to the 360 as it was. In order to have Halo 2 in its original form back on the 360, would require a reworked emulator. The emulator needed would have to be re-written and re-issued just to stay compliant with the most current "xenonlib" of 360 resources.

The only sole reason Halo CE got a re-make is becuase it is the game that started it all. It was a milestone in FPS's that went down in history. The only thing that Halo 2 did that was really great, was jump start what we know know as Xbox Live. Other than that, it was the rushed half assed sequel of a great game. It's the truth. Giving Halo 2 a makeover would require a lot longer than it took to do Halo CE. Not only but that, but you also have to look at possible game engine compatablility issues. Blam! from CE was basic and simple. The 2nd generation of Blam! is much more sophisticated and poses a much more threat to compatability. Also, there really isn't much they could add into Halo 2 in terms of special extras like they did with halo 1.

From the start halo 1's story was clouded in mystery. You didn't get anywhere near half the backdrop or intel on everything that you did in halo 2. Now don't get me wrong, I would not mind at all seeing Halo 2 running the newest shader template and particle physics, but it just isn't worth while enough for M$ to devote another 2 years + just to pull it off. But who knows....

• Like 1

Well, you can forget about Halo 2 ever coming back to the 360 as it was. In order to have Halo 2 in its original form back on the 360, would require a reworked emulator. The emulator needed would have to be re-written and re-issued just to stay compliant with the most current "xenonlib" of 360 resources.

The only sole reason Halo CE got a re-make is becuase it is the game that started it all. It was a milestone in FPS's that went down in history. The only thing that Halo 2 did that was really great, was jump start what we know know as Xbox Live. Other than that, it was the rushed half assed sequel of a great game. It's the truth. Giving Halo 2 a makeover would require a lot longer than it took to do Halo CE. Not only but that, but you also have to look at possible game engine compatablility issues. Blam! from CE was basic and simple. The 2nd generation of Blam! is much more sophisticated and poses a much more threat to compatability. Also, there really isn't much they could add into Halo 2 in terms of special extras like they did with halo 1.

From the start halo 1's story was clouded in mystery. You didn't get anywhere near half the backdrop or intel on everything that you did in halo 2. Now don't get me wrong, I would not mind at all seeing Halo 2 running the newest shader template and particle physics, but it just isn't worth while enough for M$ to devote another 2 years + just to pull it off. But who knows....

I want one because I also want a newer looking Halo 2, but I also want the achievements that only Halo 2 PC gave. I just want it to be a console game again. Also, who knows, it could be like a 35 dollar game. I think its worth it to get all the old Halo 2 online moments again

Yeah, let's just get into the fashion of remaking all the halo games! When we get through with Reach, we'll just start over with the current generation of graphics, eh?

hey r u from canada eh?

Well, given the past experience that Microsoft had with the contracted PI Studios and Hired Gun, it is doubtfull that we will ever see a remasterd version. It would be nice to see a team go back through and touch up all the things Bungie screwed up on. In fact, I remember Bungie saying that they wanted to forget that Halo 2 even existed. I have a feeling, the same can be said for everyone in Microsoft. i hope not though. i still conscider halo 2 the pinnacle of matchmaking.

Why didn't Bungie like Halo 2? I loved that game, everyone loved that game, I thought Bungie made it to put everything that they couldn't put into CE on there?

I have looked over many posts in many different forums about this subject as im sure some of you have. First, im glad to see Halo CE is getting a well deserved resurrection. I played H1 not long after it was released and the next day i traded my ps2 and all my games just for an Xbox and H1(so worth it, and still would do the same today). Split screening with friends in co-op and multiplayer changed my perception of fps. When i got H2 i couldnt put the controller down. I remember the first time i got on live i was up almost 2 days straight lol. As time went on i got more of my friends hooked and of course just like so many others met friends thru multiplayer. i really felt the camaraderie even bungie talks about in their vids of why halo ment so much during the making. Ive played H3 and Reach and def dont feel that in either. Nor the sharp competitiveness. Before H3 i played with some of the best MLG pros(Ghandi, Karma, Ghostayame, Fonzi, Walshy, to name a few). I know 343 will be busy focusing on newer Halos and trying to prove that they can be true to Halos nature. I think they've started on a good foot with H1 re-release, but i think it would be even bigger to bring back the rawness of H2 to the 360 that i feel Halos multiplayer has been missing for some time. Not everyone will agree. This is just my opinion, but people are speaking up and i feel that something thats gave me so many great memories is worth putting my 2 cents in about. And where better than here?

You make a great point, Halo 2 had this feel to it, it was and is this game that when you're playing it you just feel pure epicness and while I do feel that a little with Reach, you're right in saying that Halo 3 was way off and Reach didn't quite nail it.

Halo: CE is getting this remake because, you're correct, it is a classic, everyone knows it and it defined the FPS. But while Halo: CE defined the FPS for campaign, Halo 2 DEFINED MATCHMAKING. It was one of if not the first games to even offer a matchmade system, and created the template for all XBOX Live shooters (and may I say all online shooters) to create matchmaking systems. 343 could create a remake by adding new graphics, new engine, new armour, more medals, a more polished online experience, and fixing certain bugs in the campaign. I don't think it's a good idea to say "this game didn't really do much for history, so they're not going to redo it" I think anything is possible and if 343 really is invested in Halo then they should commit to making a new version of the game that got millions of people's attention. Plus it would be flippin' sweeeeet to see the Arbiter and Tartarus fight it out in HD graphics :)

You make a great point, Halo 2 had this feel to it, it was and is this game that when you're playing it you just feel pure epicness and while I do feel that a little with Reach, you're right in saying that Halo 3 was way off and Reach didn't quite nail it.

Halo: CE is getting this remake because, you're correct, it is a classic, everyone knows it and it defined the FPS. But while Halo: CE defined the FPS for campaign, Halo 2 DEFINED MATCHMAKING. It was one of if not the first games to even offer a matchmade system, and created the template for all XBOX Live shooters (and may I say all online shooters) to create matchmaking systems. 343 could create a remake by adding new graphics, new engine, new armour, more medals, a more polished online experience, and fixing certain bugs in the campaign. I don't think it's a good idea to say "this game didn't really do much for history, so they're not going to redo it" I think anything is possible and if 343 really is invested in Halo then they should commit to making a new version of the game that got millions of people's attention. Plus it would be flippin' sweeeeet to see the Arbiter and Tartarus fight it out in HD graphics :)

SterkOks I see you are jumping right in and are a man after my own heart when it comes to Halo. This is an OP I posted soon after joining, you may like it. I have longed for some time to hear that music, play like we used to with the new graphics and engine and damn sure get that "old Halo" feel back that holds Halo heart in it's hands and makes it beat! Reach feel short for me too, though I know others really love the game, I rarely play. I know playing the seven HCEA maps on the Reach engine will restart my play in Reach and mix the two for an incredible experience. By the way, I have a little story in the GD (General Discussion) about Johnny. A little boy destined to become our beloved Master Chief. If you are interested, check it out here.

SterkOks I see you are jumping right in and are a man after my own heart when it comes to Halo. This is an OP I posted soon after joining, you may like it. I have longed for some time to hear that music, play like we used to with the new graphics and engine and damn sure get that "old Halo" feel back that holds Halo heart in it's hands and makes it beat! Reach feel short for me too, though I know others really love the game, I rarely play. I know playing the seven HCEA maps on the Reach engine will restart my play in Reach and mix the two for an incredible experience. By the way, I have a little story in the GD (General Discussion) about Johnny. A little boy destined to become our beloved Master Chief. If you are interested, check it out here.

I would love to read your story, I love generated art from pre started storylines. It's my personal opinion that HCEA will replace Reach and that's why I kinda want to get in as many memories as I can. I can't be certain that noone will play Reach anymore, but I know for a fact that if the multiplayer is as full as promised (and trust me, it had better be) then people will be too busy playing HCEA to play Reach. I mean I can't say this for everyone but do you know the last time I played Halo 3? It was September 13, 2010. The night I went to buy Halo Reach. So, with that in mind, I'm not so sure that it will be a "Mix [of] the two," while it would be an amazing experience to have that. Thanks for the comment.

I believe Halo 2 to be absolute garbage (aside from a few moments in the campaign), so I personally wouldn't care for a remake. The game was good when it was released, but had a severe lack of polish. The campaign felt unfinished (to me), and the multiplayer was filled with glitches, a lot of aim assist, bigger hitboxes, and at times felt like the hit detection was way off (probably due to the host having an advantage) They could polish it up in a remastering, but I still don't know if I'd be interested.

You would think the best halo game is garbage lol. campaign wasnt the best but halo2 multplayer was epic. I like halo for its multiplayer, i mean thats what sells me on every halo game. i dont buy it to play through the campaign, thats just a bonus.

What exactly would be your perfect halo game? I am curious to know becaues you praise reach but hate on every other halo from what i have seen in your posts. Did your "halo career" start with halo reach or something?

The only sole reason Halo CE got a re-make is becuase it is the game that started it all. It was a milestone in FPS's that went down in history. The only thing that Hali 2 did that was really great, was jump start what we know know as Xbox Live. Other than that, it was the rushed half assed sequel of a great game. It's the truth. Giving Halo 2 a makeover would require a lot longer than it took to do Halo CE. Not only but that, but you also have to look at possible game engine compatablility issues. Blam! from CE was basic and simple. The 2nd generation of Blam! is much more sophisticated and poses a much more threat to compatability. Also, there really isn't much they could add into Halo 2 in terms of special extras like they did with halo 1.

You make a good point about it taking along time to get this game working on the 360 but I think if 343 wanted to they could make it happen. Im not as smart as you when it comes to the technical aspect of all this but couldnt they use the halo 3 engine? Halo 2 and halo 3's game physics are much more similar versus halo 1 and reach. As i said i really have no idea if that would/could work but i do know Bungie's half assed game turned out to be my favorite of the franchise lol. It is the sole reason im playing xbox today and not playstation. The online multiplayer experience was amazing to say the least man. I played for hours on end almost everyday for years lol. Met a bunch of cool people from all around the world that i still play games with on xbox live today. All the halo 2 button glitches and bounces made the game even that much more interesting. We spent hours bouncing out of maps and butterflying to the top of buildings etc..it was awesome. I know the xbox 360 version would probably be almost impossible to implement all the glitches and bounces from the game but i would love to be able to play halo 2 mulitplayer online again with or without the glitches. I dont see why they wouldnt remake halo 2, why leave one single halo game off of the xbox 360? It just doesnt make sense to me leaving the second halo installment all alone on the original xbox. It practically started xbox live which kind of demolished ps2's online system at the time. I have my fingers crossed for a remake, halo 1 being remade gives me hope!

Someone who starts late in a video game franchise usually will find the earlier stuff to be annoying or stupid. I started on Halo 1, but my multiplayer experience started on Halo 2. I have been a halo fan for about 7 years. I love Halo 1 and 2, I admit some faults in the game, but that's what real fans do, they admit the faults but love the game. Some people just don't understand it

Hell, I'll even be satisfied if they just bring back the original Halo 2, Fully functional on Xbox 360, and being able to play online again. I'm stuck playing online on my computer, which is fun, but ALOT more laggy. Just please bring it back to Xbox 360! I just want to play online again!

That would be a good idea, bringing it back as the same thing, just as an Xbox 360 game? But I think that would be harder then it sounds.

You would think the best halo game is garbage lol. campaign wasnt the best but halo2 multplayer was epic. I like halo for its multiplayer, i mean thats what sells me on every halo game. i dont buy it to play through the campaign, thats just a bonus.

What exactly would be your perfect halo game? I am curious to know becaues you praise reach but hate on every other halo from what i have seen in your posts. Did your "halo career" start with halo reach or something?

I've never hated on every single other Halo game, yet constantly praised Reach. Give me even one example of where I've done this. I hate on Halo 2 like I do because to me, it's the worst in the series. (Still a good game) It's all personal opinion, and there is no true "best" Halo game. I prefer Reach, Combat Evolved, and 3 (in that order) to Halo 2, and there's nothing wrong with that.  No, my Halo career started with Combat Evolved. I was young when I first played it over at my cousin's house, and I even remember using a screen attachment for the Xbox to play it near his old PC.

• Like 1

Alright, it all makes sense to remaster Halo 2 to be put on the 360, I mean it was our first real big online experience, 16 player online, the original CTF online and everything that made the Halo series really peak. When Zanzibar was first indroduced. All of it. It would be stupid not to make a remastered edition. I also want Achievements for it without getting the PC version and playing it. Anyone got any thoughts? I think it would come out in like 2013 or 2014.

Probably wouldn't be on the 360, I'm guessing that microsoft will have introduced a new platform by then. But who knows? Plus we don't know what Halo game will be out by then so who knows if they will even have matchmaking.

Probably wouldn't be on the 360, I'm guessing that microsoft will have introduced a new platform by then. But who knows? Plus we don't know what Halo game will be out by then so who knows if they will even have matchmaking.

As much as I would want a Halo 2 remake, it doesn't have that much of importance to remake. I mean, the original Halo is what started everything and gave FPS a new look at gaming. Halo 2 was just a sequel that you could play online, it wasn't the first XbL game. :/