The beta is live

Kurt S-501

Actually i was not trolling, if anything you must be trolling because you obviously don't understand how to properly use the pistol. 1. Yes it has a faster rate of fire, but if you spam it, it misses therefore it takes more than 4 shots to kill. You still have to shoot slower in order to make sure all 4 shots land on the head. 2. You completely disregarded the part where i said that from medium to long distance the pistol is not as good as the dmr. If you don't believe me why don't you go and shoot the pistol as fast as you can against any dmr, I guarantee you will lose every single time. 3. You only get 24 shots compared to 45 with the dmr, and since no one will ever get a perfect four or five shot EVERY SINGLE KILL, then that is why I said it is not overpowered, they are pretty equal because of the advantages and disadvantages each weapon has. 4. You don't have to agree with me because they are going to be bringing back the 3 shot pistol to the classic playlist with anniversary on november 15 anyway, so no matter what you say when you are trolling, you are wrong and you will complain everytime someone kills you with a 3shot. It seems to me that you never played the original C.E. multiplayer, your loss.

Am I the only one that doesnt have 100 percent positive feedback? I honestly havent seen any difference between the beta and regular reach. (Besides Zero Bloom) Dont get me wrong I love Halo, I was just saying I didnt feel a difference. I will keep playing it and see if I can find any.

well i can definitely feel a difference. some of it's good, some of its bad.

2. You completely disregarded the part where i said that from medium to long distance the pistol is not as good as the dmr. If you don't believe me why don't you go and shoot the pistol as fast as you can against any dmr, I guarantee you will lose every single time.

I actually did that right after posting and went +8 with nothing but the pistol, my post was in regards to the TU changes under no bloom (since you know..... this is the TU topic.....) where the rapid fire does not reduce the accuracy of the bloom, your original post was replying to our topic of pistol being OP in zero bloom games so don't even say "i was talking about normal games" cause that's just stupid. I even said it in my post that i was talking about zb so your argument over missing due to rapid fire is simply not valid.

In regular games sure your right, but that's the thing, the bloom was made so you couldn't do that but with zb it is easy to see why it's overpowered if someone has decent aim, and in regards to running out of ammo, well how many times are you going to get a killing spree with a pistol without picking up the other guys pistol ammo assuming he hasn't dropped it yet? but again, in normal games your right but that's not the argument here.

Actually i was not trolling, if anything you must be trolling because you obviously don't understand how to properly use the pistol. 1. Yes it has a faster rate of fire, but if you spam it, it misses therefore it takes more than 4 shots to kill. You still have to shoot slower in order to make sure all 4 shots land on the head. 2. You completely disregarded the part where i said that from medium to long distance the pistol is not as good as the dmr. If you don't believe me why don't you go and shoot the pistol as fast as you can against any dmr, I guarantee you will lose every single time. 3. You only get 24 shots compared to 45 with the dmr, and since no one will ever get a perfect four or five shot EVERY SINGLE KILL, then that is why I said it is not overpowered, they are pretty equal because of the advantages and disadvantages each weapon has. 4. You don't have to agree with me because they are going to be bringing back the 3 shot pistol to the classic playlist with anniversary on november 15 anyway, so no matter what you say when you are trolling, you are wrong and you will complain everytime someone kills you with a 3shot. It seems to me that you never played the original C.E. multiplayer, your loss.

you know you don't have to pace your shots in the TU playlist. there is little to no bloom.

I actually did that right after posting and went +8 with nothing but the pistol, my post was in regards to the TU changes under no bloom (since you know..... this is the TU topic.....) where the rapid fire does not reduce the accuracy of the bloom, your original post was replying to our topic of pistol being OP in zero bloom games so don't even say "i was talking about normal games" cause that's just stupid. I even said it in my post that i was talking about zb so your argument over missing due to rapid fire is simply not valid.

In regular games sure your right, but that's the thing, the bloom was made so you couldn't do that but with zb it is easy to see why it's overpowered if someone has decent aim, and in regards to running out of ammo, well how many times are you going to get a killing spree with a pistol without picking up the other guys pistol ammo assuming he hasn't dropped it yet? but again, in normal games your right but that's not the argument here.

I am talking about the no bloom playlist, not normal games. I went to a custom games and compared the pistol with the dmr. I did a rapid fire test and a slightly paced shot, i'm not talking about bloom since it is removed, there is still a shot spread, i don't understand how you do not see that. All you have to do is go to a custom game that has no bloom use a non moving 2nd controller. Stand from close, then medium distance, then long and spam the trigger with both the dmr and pistol. The pistol will not kill in 4 shots 100 percent of the time. From close range the pistol will, from medium and long distance it will not, where as the dmr will kill in 5 no matter where. I can upload a video for you on youtube and link it to show you if you don't understand. That is why my argument from the beginning is that the pistol is not overpowered. If you play C.E. do the same thing. Stand close then medium then far. Don't use the scope and you will see that there is no bloom in either instant but the faster you shoot, the more likely you are to miss because there is bullet spread within the reticle. It will not land on the exact spot you aim at 100 percent of the time. AND orinigally my argument was that it was not overpowered because back in halo c.e. it was 3 shots and no one complained, so how can 4 shots be considered overpowered, when in halo 3 and halo 2, the br was 4 shots and again no one complained.

AND

you know you don't have to pace your shots in the TU playlist. there is little to no bloom.

I know there is no bloom is the zero bloom playlist but like i said above, do you not notice that when you spam the pistol it has bad bullet spread compared to the dmr. If you slow the shots down just a bit, not like you have to when you time your shots with bloom the way it is in normal playlists, but just enough so that it isn't fired in a way that you are spamming. You should notice a difference, if you don't then i will just have to upload a video to prove it.

Someone else already explained this: Spectral Jester in the thread: Make reticle bloom configurable.

Reticle “bloom” is more than just the way the reticle expands when the player shoots. What we actually have done is take control over the maximum radius of the cone of error that expands as the player fires. The actual UI “bloom” is just a representation of a feature that has been in Halo since the beginning. The colloquial “BR Spread” from Halo 3 was this same set of variables, just implemented differently. The same goes for the Halo CE magnum, where holding the trigger down resulted in less accuracy than pulling the trigger rapidly.

What makes Reach’s implementation different from previous games is that it was applied to medium range headshot weapons with the goal of enforcing a “cadence.” Cadence here refers to the pacing and pattern in which the player is expected to fire the weapon to maintain accuracy. For the Needle Rifle, for example, the optimal cadence is to hold down the trigger for three shots, then let go and hold it again for three more shots, then deliver the seventh shot to the head.

Ultimately, bloom and cadence (among other features) were specifically designed to give Reach a slower pace than previous titles. However, a couple of notable features have arisen from this decision: for starters, cadence is easily interrupted in Reach. In fact, many of the Armor Abilities are almost explicitly designed to do that and waiting for that fifth DMR shot to be ready can be really frustrating when you lose the race against your opponent’s Armor Lock energy recovery. Second, shooting to cadence is really only a valid tactic at range; the closer you get to your opponent, the less cadence applies, and players both casual and competitive can attest to how spamming the trigger actually becomes the more reliable option here. So, ultimately while the goal was to make the weapons feel more sophisticated and add a layer of skill required to use them, the net result has been that medium range weapons such as the DMR feel unreliable at their intended range, and trigger spam has not been discouraged.

I am talking about the no bloom playlist, not normal games. I went to a custom games and compared the pistol with the dmr. I did a rapid fire test and a slightly paced shot, i'm not talking about bloom since it is removed, there is still a shot spread, i don't understand how you do not see that. All you have to do is go to a custom game that has no bloom use a non moving 2nd controller. Stand from close, then medium distance, then long and spam the trigger with both the dmr and pistol. The pistol will not kill in 4 shots 100 percent of the time. From close range the pistol will, from medium and long distance it will not, where as the dmr will kill in 5 no matter where. I can upload a video for you on youtube and link it to show you if you don't understand. That is why my argument from the beginning is that the pistol is not overpowered. If you play C.E. do the same thing. Stand close then medium then far. Don't use the scope and you will see that there is no bloom in either instant but the faster you shoot, the more likely you are to miss because there is bullet spread within the reticle. It will not land on the exact spot you aim at 100 percent of the time. AND orinigally my argument was that it was not overpowered because back in halo c.e. it was 3 shots and no one complained, so how can 4 shots be considered overpowered, when in halo 3 and halo 2, the br was 4 shots and again no one complained. AND I know there is no bloom is the zero bloom playlist but like i said above, do you not notice that when you spam the pistol it has bad bullet spread compared to the dmr. If you slow the shots down just a bit, not like you have to when you time your shots with bloom the way it is in normal playlists, but just enough so that it isn't fired in a way that you are spamming. You should notice a difference, if you don't then i will just have to upload a video to prove it..

How can you say the pistol isn't overpowered? Lmao. I know you've been in some close-range battles with it where you died in half-a-second.

The pistol is not okay this way, and I really hope it is nerfed soon

For all of you who believe that the pistol is overpowered. Go online on your xbox and look up the gamertag Konshens and look at my file share, download the video that is named For JAMESDH17 and watch it. It is about a minute long and shows you why the dmr is still better overall than the pistol. It is in zero bloom too. If you dont want to do that, ill upload the video on youtube in a little while just so you guys can see that you are wrong.

The only bad thing is the people that spam the needle rifle, magnum and DMR, they just spam it now, it's too fast and overpowered. It's much harder than normal REACH. But I'll live through it.

For all of you who believe that the pistol is overpowered. Go online on your xbox and look up the gamertag Konshens and look at my file share, download the video that is named For JAMESDH17 and watch it. It is about a minute long and shows you why the dmr is still better overall than the pistol. It is in zero bloom too. If you dont want to do that, ill upload the video on youtube in a little while just so you guys can see that you are wrong.

Dude I don't need you to tell me how bloom works and why you think you're right. You're an idiot and my kd most definitely poops on your face.

Haha bloom discussion always gets derailed and goes nowhere.

:yes Just goes to show the old saying is right: When you try to please everybody, nobody likes it.

Thanks, Mr. O'Connor and 343 Industries! Your caving to the demands of the young, the ignorant and the just plain silly has done almost nothing to quell the fire of displeasure — all it did is just shift places. Excellent work. :rofl:

It's pretty awesome. I do think that 85% bloom is better than zero. It just doesn't give you that same feeling as if you really had the gun. :2guns: Ya' know? What I really don't like is how you're shields are weaker. I wish it could be like Halo 1 where it took three pummels. It just made much more sense.( It's just real weird to die with one puch to the face once your shields are down.) :vava:

Tu needs only zero bloom base this game off of h3 no health packs with shield bleed through get rid of all the loadouts due to the fact reach was before h3 yet h3 never had any of those things the story line of reach doesnt lead to h1's storyline with the loadouts.

It's pretty awesome. I do think that 85% bloom is better than zero. It just doesn't give you that same feeling as if you really had the gun. :2guns: Ya' know? What I really don't like is how you're shields are weaker. I wish it could be like Halo 1 where it took three pummels. It just made much more sense.( It's just real weird to die with one puch to the face once your shields are down.) :vava:

It hasn't been three beat downs since Halo 1 for a reason. It makes close range battles way too rediculous lol. Plus what would it change? People are still gunna beat down until they kill the other person. And what, would that make it so you needed to shoot a person twice in the body with a sniper in order to beat them down to kill them? That just wouldn't work.

The changes are good for sure, but the issue is how are they going to implement them into Matchmaking, into the already existing playlists. If they manage to do it right, its going to be a huge success.

What do you mean how? They made one playlist like it, they can change the existing ones to the same settings if they wanted to.

Dude I don't need you to tell me how bloom works and why you think you're right. You're an idiot and my kd most definitely poops on your face.

Yes you're right. I'm the idiot, because having a high k/d has any relevance to whether a pistol is overpowered or not. Having a high k/d/ in anything other than arena does not make you good. It means you play a lot of games against people who don't know how to play or put the controller on the ground and let you have free kills. Be proud of yourself, it is a true phenomenon to have a k/d/ of 3.0 in non ranked playlists. Maybe you should start bragging that your k/d is 2.0 or better when you have played over 1000 games of arena and made it to onyx. When you accomplish that, then you brag on forums and change the subject of an argument.