UNSC Warlord Chapter 15

Fishy

~Chapter 15: Attack on Reach~

“I want a debrief in the next five minutes, is that understood!” The Commander was up in Gregor’s face, furious. “I want to know what the hell went on down there with you two, before the covenant showed up.” She walked away, then stopped. “Wait a second.”

She turned around and walked back to Team Lord. “Destroyer?”

Destroyer interacted with her, “Yes, sir?”

“Glad to have you back.” She lost control of her commander voice, it now had a resided marine voice to it. “Meet me in my office in twenty minutes for a debrief on your part.” She turned around and headed up the ramp.

“Well you heard the commander. Gregor and Doc, head to the debrief room. Destroyer, you head there as well, but wait outside until it’s your turn.” Alex took authority. “The rest of you, on me.” He headed the opposite direction, down the ramp to deck B.

“Good to see another voice in authority speak up.” Sarge wiped dirt off the left shoulder of Alex’s armor. “Glad to see you’re ready for action. Now we need to get to the nearest drop pods and go from there.” He have orders to the squad. “Cajun, you get in the air and give us any and all support you can. Osiris, you get the vehicles ready for drop. The rest of you, on me.”

“Sir yes sir!” They called out.

Sarge lead them to the drop pod deck. “Ready up, we need to be deployed in five.”

Sarge grabbed his shotgun and set it in the pod beside his magnum. Alex did the same with his Assault Rifle and Magnum. Sarge grabbed his helmet, Alex grabbed frag grenades. The others did the same, Bek laid her shotgun in her pod. Phoenix strapped his SMG in his. Fauz leaned his up against the seat, then sat down and sharpened his knife.

“Alright, everyone. Let’s go.” Moth walked up to the control console. The team moved into their drop pods. “You all have a good trip.” He motioned the switch and shut the doors. Then reached over and ejected the drop pods.

The drop begun.

Sarge opened up a private comm network with the others, “Alright, we should reach the surface in 10 minutes. The impact is going to be rough, Reach’s gravity field is stronger than what we’re used to. As soon as we’re on the ground, we need to head towards New Alexandria. There we need to help repel any Covenant we can.” Sarge took a moment to himself to clear his throat for this mission debrief, “Doc, Gregor, and Destroyer will meet up with us on the way there. Cajun will provide any air support we need. Any questions?”

Paladin spoke up, “What about Osiris? He’s not coming?”

“I forgot to mention that part.” Sarge felt stupid for that, “Osiris will deploy our vehicles, if needed. As well as he has controls over the Archer missiles, just in case if any Covenant corvettes decide to get involved.”

Phoenix replied, “That helps. As long as we don’t run into any of those jammers.”

The pods solely flew through the atmosphere, Fauz’s pod drove straight through a banshee. “Well that’s one down...”

“Glad to hear you can still joke at a time like this, soldier.” Alex told Fauz.

The pods made contact with the ground.

“Everyone, out in three.” Sarge started the countdown. “Two...” The door’s air pressure sizzled. “One...” All the drop pod door’s flew off.

“We’re clear here, no contact’s as of yet.” Phoenix scanned the area.

“Sir, we need to get moving to New Alexandria.” Alex walked up to him. “I’ll contact Osiris to see how things are.”

Alex walked away.

“Alright, everyone on me.” Team Lord moved into a spread position and headed over the hill.

“Sir, I got intel from Osiris.” Alex sped up to Sarge. “We have three Corvettes headed towards New Alexandria, and Two Cruisers moving in on our position. Warlord is going to engage the two cruisers, but the Corvettes are far out of range and the area is too hot for Warlord to make an entrance to engage. We’ll need to clear the skies if we want any help over there.”

“Alright, let’s go” Sarge continued up the hill of this land. It had an eerie look to it, an ugly green with civilian houses... Sarge pried himself away from the thought about the details. He noticed Archangel was stopped up on the hill.

“What is it, soldier?” Sarge walked up and asked. Except he didn’t need a response, Covenant Spirits were everywhere. They dropped off this species Sarge hasn’t seen before. Some sort of jackal, but it’s not a jackal.

“Prepare for engagement. Any and all activity here is gone.” Alex locked his gun on an elite. “Let’s go.”

They engaged.

“All ODST’s, engage the cannon fodder that’s on the right. Spartans, you take out the leader’s on the left. Air Assault, take out the hunters. And if possible, disable those Spirit’s weapons.” Sarge barked orders from left to right.

The entire area was a hot fire zone. Fauz stabbed a jackal in the eye’s with his combat knife. Took it to the ground, and dragged it through the skull. “Overkill.”

Architect and Phoenix were engaging three hunters. Phoenix jet packed over one of them and planted a grenade in its back. One down. Architect ran up to the hunter, which swung at him. He thruster packed backwards, then ran up and jet packed over the hunter, he shot the back until the orange was red. They both then engaged the last hunter. That was all three.

Biggles and Jack double teamed a Brute Captain. Jack distracted, Biggles took the kill. Bek and Archangel took on an Elite General. Easy kill. Alex was on the move: Left, Right, Left, Left, Right. He dodged every one of the Elite Zealot’s swings. He grabbed Bek’s shotgun and fired. One shot. Shields dropped. Two shots. The elite was down. He handed the shotgun back to Bek.

“Area’s clear.” Paladin called out.

A hum was quiet in the background, “What’s that noise?” Sarge looked up. Too late. A banshee bomb was headed straight at him, he jumped out of the way. Too late. Sarge was thrown against the wall.

He got up and engaged the banshee, it swung around and fired another. Then exploded. He dodged again. Too late, again. He was propelled towards at a tree. He watched the five of them walk in his direction.

"Sarge? Sarge, are you alright?" Bek called out.

Sarge raised himself off the ground and threw himself back on his feet. "I'm fine. I'm fine. Damn banshee would’ve almost had me if it weren't for these Spartans."

The team turned around. There stood a team of Spartans, ready at the go.

The first one approached them, "We're under direct orders to clear this area. You need to leave. Now." The other four separated and swept the area for any remaining hostiles.

"And who are you?" Sarge questioned the Spartan.

The comm's broke in, "Team Lord, we need you to leave the vicinity, now. ONI has a Spartan team inbound to clear the area and locate transportation to ONI Sword Base. You need to leave. Now." The comm went offline.

Sarge looked up, the blue Spartan was gone.

“Let’s go. Everyone, we need to leave. Now!” He sprinted Northeast. In the direction of New Alexandria.

“Who were those Spartans?” Paladin asked.

“Looked like Noble Team.” Alex answered. “But I don’t know why they’re so far out here. Something must’ve happened at that ONI Relay Outpost.”

Sarge looked up at the giant dish that sat on a mountain side.

He noticed something to the right of it.

Two Covenant Cruisers were inbound, ready to glass the area.

~End Chapter 15~

• Like 6