Ask The Director 2.0

Why does the the brain not recognize the second "the" when reading the sentence?

Mine did. The reason most don't is because as long as the sentence structure appears to be normal your brain will skip over the less important words and give you the 'gist' of the sentence. It does this with most of the smaller words and phrases. As long as it appears familiar and your reader isn't looking too hard, then you can get away with all lot of of spelling mistakes.

Where's Waldo?

Over there.

Does Celery really burn more energy than it supplies?

Is this "negative calorie" thing true?

Nope. There's no scientific backing for any food being 'negative calorie', and you can be sure they are trying to prove it to be true. I mean could you imagine how much money you could make from that?

Anyways, ice water is calorically negative but the effect is minimal. You would have to drink somewhere near 25 gallons of ice water in order to see any benefits from it being calorically negative, but you would die.

Dear The Director,

Do you ever ponder on the questions of the universe?

Your Friend,

Constantine The Great

Yes.

Could you elaborate further on this? Do you mean that the calcium and magnesium in the lime cause it to have a good neutralising value and increase pH?

No, the calcium and magnesium contents in the lime can affect the neutralizing value. In either a positive or negative way.

Why don't we just Google all this?

Because I give more fun answers most of the time.

Also TD...how many times in one earth year does the sun produce a massive solar flare?

Bcuz The Director is better blum.gif

Fixed, and that number varies WILDLY. Like massively. Sometimes several per day, other times once a week.

Am I allowed to ask silly questions? :P

Serious question: Why are police cars typically black and white with red and blue sirens? Also why are firetrucks red? I never understood why it was that colour.

Silly question: On a scale of 1 - 100 how cute is the Pokemon Eevee?

Am I allowed to ask silly questions? :P

Serious question: Why are police cars typically black and white with red and blue sirens? Also why are firetrucks red? I never understood why it was that colour.

Silly question: On a scale of 1 - 100 how cute is the Pokemon Eevee?

1. Yes, as long as they are answerable.

2. It originally started to assist civilians in distinguishing police vehicles form civilian vehicles. Over the years many different paint schemes have been tried, but they've found black and white works best because of how long it has been used. Firetrucks are red because it distinguishes them from other vehicles on the road as well, but there are many silly answers to that question.

3. I personally don't think Eevee is all that cute, so I'd say about a 40.

What is the Origin of...

THE RICK ROLL

It started on /v/ as a replacement for the Duckroll, which was a bait and switch prank just like the rick roll, but with a duck on wheels as the switch part of the prank. 

How many grains of sand would it take to equal the Suns Mass in Micrograms?

Well, a grain of sand generally equals about 50 micrograms. The sun's mass is about 2*10^30 kg. So, your answer is 

(2*(10^30))*1000000000

-----------------------------

What do you bring with you to find a needle in a haystack?

Depends on the type of needle, but if we're talking a sewing needle I bring a big magnet.

What is the longest recorded time for someone to hold their breath underwater without any outside support? (No, Machines, Oxygen pumps etc..)

22 minutes.

what are the midnight amendments and what do you think of them?

MBMBaM?

Anyways

1. Be cool

2. C'mon

3. Nice

I think they're silly, like they are supposed to be I guess.

What don't you Direct? :)

What happens if we don't do as you direct?

There is nothing that I do not direct, and you ALWAYS do as I direct. Even if you think you aren't. ;)

• Like 1