ODST in Muitplayer

Sims_doc

I'd like to ask if ODST could be implemted into Halo 5

if its a problem with engine or code? note that halo engines are fairly simiilar in structure and code and porting the health bar from ODST shouldn't be a problem as it has been proven with various content even from reach and halo 3 being ported into halo 4 engine and maybe a few minor changes would need to be made as it would probaly have to be a sperate from spartan.

if its a problem with textures? note that objects from previous games have made it into Halo 4 with a retexture and the skin of its teeth and ODST are fairly detail being such a recent game.

if its a problem with lack of content? then it would be suggested that it be pulled from release and work on untill serval ODST armors have been created but install the ground work so that it can be discertly patch over and unlock for the your community to curse as you've suddently got a hardcore player type for us to love because thats all that ODST was it was hell, but it was ours..

I'm sure people will support this as many people have been requesting ODST in muitplayer for a long time now.

It would be a neat idea, but probably would be hard to implement.

Spartans would continuously WRECK the ODST.

Anyway, ODST were phased out after the events of Halo 4, and most ODST became SPARTAN-IVs

Would you kindly provide soruce for that as its something i've suspected but haven't yet found any proof and i don't think they would get destroyed as ODST have a similar health system to spartans its only their strength they lack in melee.

Would you kindly provide soruce for that as its something i've suspected but haven't yet found any proof and i don't think they would get destroyed as ODST have a similar health system to spartans its only their strength they lack in melee.

Spartans have energy shields and more health. ODST's would die instantly from a headshot making it kinda unfair.

ODST are a lot weaker than a spartan. Not only in strength.

Spartans have the following augmentions:

1. Carbide Ceramic Ossification: ompound applied to the exterior surface of all muscles, allowing them to flex and strengthen far more quickly, also allowing the muscles to operate at great speed without the risk of breaking bones

2. Muscular Enhancement Lining: Compound applied to the exterior surface of all muscles, allowing them to flex and strengthen far more quickly, also allowing the muscles to operate at great speed without the risk of breaking bones.

3. Pulmonary Polymer Lining: Greatly increases oxygen intake and retention, helps process toxins from the air and allows SPARTANs to breathe certain non-oxygen atmospheres for up to an hour.

4. Corneal Implants: Boosted perception and massively increased night vision.

5. Cardiac Implants: Strengthens cardio-vascular tissue and increases maximum heartrate to safely allow massive adrenaline flow without the risk of stroke or heart attack. These implants supposedly are able to allow an unarmored SPARTAN-IV to run at a maximum speed of almost 40 miles (64 km) per hour.

6. Artificial Pancreas Implant: Allows the SPARTAN's body to extract the maximum amount of nutrients and carbohydrates from food with minimal waste.

7. Artificial Platelet Injections: Enhances the body's ability to slow bleeding and clot wounds.

And this is without their armor.

ODST have little to no augmentation and usually only drugs which simulate the above augmentations, this is not even sure since Project CHRYSANTHEMUM is an advanced bio-augmentation procedure for Spartan-III's

To be fair an ODST would get his *** handled to him by a spartan.

I don't know i'd suggest looking into Halo ODST and playing it you'll find out they don't this weakness and can take the same punishment and i'm sure someone has taken the time to document their stats on youtube, I.E how many shots it takes to kill them.

As previously stated they would get creamed.  OP, please go back and read The Fall of Reach.  it illustrates just how lethal a Spartan is WITHOUT his heavy *** power assisted armor.  John faces 4 ODST's in a ring, and kills them all without a sweat in about 5 seconds.  No armor, no weapons.  And this wasn't a fair fight either.  4 on 1 without warning.  It also goes on to illustrate how strong a Spartan is, and how even things we perceive at normal speed, pass slower for Spartans due to their heightened perception.

The ODST game glorified the ODST's in a way that is almost contradictory to how resilient and strong they are.  I mean c'mon, an ODST is NOT going to take the blade end of a Gravity Hammer swung at full force, and live to tell the tale.  It took 3 of them to get the Brute down.  Spartans are just as strong, so ODST's......no they get creamed every time in that mash up.

As for your question about adding them into Halo 5 multiplayer, yes it's a simple matter really.  Most weapons use all the same animation bases, except for bipeds like brutes or grunts etc.. which all vary in size.  It would be quite simple to recompile the existing ODST models and reuse the animations from either Halo 3 or Reach.  Actually, they could just use the animations from the marines in Halo 4, since the size is about spot on.  The HUD is another simple matter of just reusing bitmaps and widgets.

As previously stated they would get creamed.  OP, please go back and read The Fall of Reach.  it illustrates just how lethal a Spartan is WITHOUT his heavy *** power assisted armor.  John faces 4 ODST's in a ring, and kills them all without a sweat in about 5 seconds.  No armor, no weapons.  And this wasn't a fair fight either.  4 on 1 without warning.  It also goes on to illustrate how strong a Spartan is, and how even things we perceive at normal speed, pass slower for Spartans due to their heightened perception.

The ODST game glorified the ODST's in a way that is almost contradictory to how resilient and strong they are.  I mean c'mon, an ODST is NOT going to take the blade end of a Gravity Hammer swung at full force, and live to tell the tale.  It took 3 of them to get the Brute down.  Spartans are just as strong, so ODST's......no they get creamed every time in that mash up.

As for your question about adding them into Halo 5 multiplayer, yes it's a simple matter really.  Most weapons use all the same animation bases, except for bipeds like brutes or grunts etc.. which all vary in size.  It would be quite simple to recompile the existing ODST models and reuse the animations from either Halo 3 or Reach.  Actually, they could just use the animations from the marines in Halo 4, since the size is about spot on.  The HUD is another simple matter of just reusing bitmaps and widgets.

I would not see their function in the MP though, I mean elites against Spartan I can understand, but an ODST is only a considerable force tactically, not at all phyiscally. Either it would completely destroy any lore based reasons of ODST (just like the game ODST) and who would like to play with what basically is just a normal human?