Hosting Forum Games

Is not JL

A few months less than a year ago, I attempted to host a set of Forum Games on this site. TBRPG's notwithstanding, I attempted to bring a set of games that I knew worked to this forum, though whether it would work on THIS forum was generally untested. 

Of the different ideas for games I had, the two games that I had managed to put down into text was a Mafia game and a Fighting game. 

The Fighting game made it a bit less than 8 pages before interest seemed to die out. I can easily guess why it was - everybody else seemed to be posting massive posts, encouraging each player to do the same. Some thought it should be played one way, others thought it should be played another way. Problems arose, and alongside the time consumption of the long posts, people decided they were done. Weeks and months after inactivity people hopped on to see if they could revive it. I said yes, then they never posted again (lol). So that was that.

The Mafia game (And let me tell you that Mafia is very easy to understand) didn't get off the ground. 

Nowadays most of the new forum games that pop up are different - in the sense that they can very easily be simplified and summed up into the topic of 'Question and Answer'. Which, while it is fun in a sense, doesn't really offer a unique experience.

I'm posting this because I was wondering if there were any other members who wishes to see some more unique forum games in the forums, and if so, both 1. What games would you like to play? 2. Would you be interested in hosting/co-hosting them?

(If you're not the person who likes to play Forum games and you are generally biased against playing them, all I can do is laugh at the fun you exclude yourselves from. But then again, this place hasn't really had a track record for the best forum games around so I wouldn't really blame you.)

• Like 2