Fall of Man RP thread

Composite Armour

October 8th, 11:02pm

ECA defensive line, southern France.

Sean sat back in his seat. Looking through the periscope once again, just to make sure.

"That's the last of them...for now at least."

He looked over to his gunner, they were shaking slightly.

"Get me a fuel and ammo check."

The gunner nodded and proceeded to check the guns magazine. Sean unbuckled and opened his hatch, climbing out into the dark rain. It was odd he thought. The silence. The patter of rain and wind, but other then that, nothing. Not even the artillery fire that had been present for much of the day. He shook his head, remembering why he was out here. Sliding down the front of the tank, he began to inspect it. There were several holes in the front, though thankfully none of them went all the way through. He put his hand on the barrel. Still warm. He turned his head at the call of his gunner.

"Sir, command's just issued an order to begin moving out!"

He nodded and climbed back up onto the turret and settled back down into his seat. Looking out through his periscope, he could see man and machine begin to emerge from the line and head forward. He signaled his driver to begin moving out.

"Was that all of them?"

Sean sighed and looked dead ahead with the periscope. Nothing.

"I don't think so..."

"So they're sending us into a grinder?"

"We'll worry about when we get to it. We don't question orders."

The gunner nodded and sat quietly.

The tank rumbled to life and began rolling forward.

October 9th,11:30 P.M.- Bozhou Underground Military Base

"He referred to someone named 'Ice', you say?" , asked Lieutenant Cheng.

"Yeah... Why, you've never heard of the name? Lieutenant, just how long have you been in th-"

"The military? Longer than you could ever dare to be. Listen, this 'Ice" character seems very new... but we will find out what the Hell is actually going on.", replied Lieutenant.

"I hope we do... What about the rest of the world? Are we just going to fight off this little GLA 'militia'? Why not ally with the US and ECA...? Why not fight Russia?" , Asked Hibban.

"I don't see how you can refer to these ******** as 'militia'. These aren't farmers with pitchforks, Shahab. These are terrorists. Right now, it's apparent that we can't hit two birds with one stone, either. We've had no luck with getting down to the bone, with the GLA yet. That's also the government's decision - whether or not we do anything about Russia. As far as I'm concerned, the GLA is enough **** to deal with right now. Is that clear?"

"What about that device I captured the other day, sir?"

"It appears to be some detonation device... but we don't know what. It isn't currently synchronized to any explosive, so it might have another purpose.", explained the lieutenant.

"Yes sir. So whats my next mission? What intel do I have to gather next?", asked Hibban.

"As for now, I'd like you to get some sleep. It's important... you need to mentally get a grasp of yourself through some rest, especially after being knocked the Hell out of like that."

"Alright."

"Your excused. See you tomorrow at 0600."

Hibban walked out of the office, going to his bunker.

What is going on, exactly? Who the Hell is "Ice"? Anyway, he is my enemy from now on, all I need to do is terminate him.

He grasped his dog tag.

As he laid down, he took his headband off. "复仇", it said on his headband. The letters were in gold. He had it custom made before he joined the military. He fiddled with it. As he did, a tear came out. Another. Then another tear. Before he knew it, his vision was blurry, and he was silently sobbing. What? This happens every night. It was part of his schedule. There wasn't a night, where he didn't cry... remembering the historical pictures he had studied in high school, of Beijing. What an interesting city, at least when it wasn't a crater. His parents had  died in that very city... if he wasn't with them, in his mom's arms, would that mean they hadn't cared? No. He was at a babysitter's probably because they wanted some alone time. Of course - it was difficult raising a child.

10 October Busia city centre apartment premium level 6am

"So you want me to look out for him Ranger?"

"Yes and keep yourself save old friend"

"Thanks for somewhat of a heads up"

Ranger ended the call and flopped back on the sofa he had no clue why Chinese were after him so much he was just a merc he didn't know Chinese were strange were they not?

He phone went off again he accepted the call it was no one he knew but he did it anyway ...

"Hello Ranger"

"Hello who is this!"

"My name is Antony denials I heard from a contact who uses you as a merc that you are good at getting things done"

"I guess you could say that"

"I own a big big piece of land you see and one of my guards spotted people sneaking out my mansion in but he lost them in the forest outside they have stolen something very valuable to me ...."

"So you want me to?"

"Kill them"

Ranger though for a second was this right?

"Do it and I pay you 1000 shillings"

"If you can.. now that I think of it get one alive so I can talk to him"

"It will be done" Said Ranger hesitated for a moment to decide

"Good Good I will sent you the coordinates"

Ranger ended the call he hated stuff like this but he lived in this crapden and had to live somehow ....

He then didn't put his phone away he instead called Ice

"Ice you around?"

"Yes Ranger I am

"Got any spare time"

"I got a 3 hours at the most till my next job"

"Good I got a contract I need your help with"

"Fine Ranger I help you as long as I get a bit of the cut"

"Fine then Ice come pick me up on the top of city centre hotel called the winking skiver"

"On my way hrrm this seems like old times  buddy"

Indeed it was old times indeed. :)

Edited by Ranger447

October 9th 0500

London, U.K.

Ty dug through his bag.

What are we supposed to be doing? Why do I need armor?

"I've got standard low-profile deployment stuff. Ballistic vest, Sidearm, and Emergency kit." Ty said, holding each item up as he named them. "Exactly how much trouble are you expecting? We're supposed to be neutral still."

October 10th 3:00am 

London U.K.

"Grab your things and lets go, we need to get to that chopper and get on our way."

Logan grabbed his duffle bag and stepped out the door and walked to car Ty in tow.

"Get us there as soon as possible there earlier the better."

They jumped in the car and sped off.

" Once we get to the airfield I want you to change into your gear and be ready to get in the air."

The rest of the ride was quiet except for the occasional chat.

4:30am 

They jumped out of the car and grabbed there gear, they walked into the locker room at the airfield and changed into there gear. 

" Were going to be taking the night hawk in, hopefully we won't experience any AA fire. We expect it to be a smooth ride, they should be focused on whats in front of them and not searching for a little helicopter off to the side and the ECA won't give us trouble."

They finished gearing up and grabbed there things and headed for the Helipads. They approached the only Helicopter that was out there, standing outside a tall light skinned man with a thick mustache was smoking a cigar he was wearing a flight suit. sitting in the helicopter sat a young man probably about 20 reading a Playboy magazine. Logan walked up to the man outside the helicopter and shook his hand 

"I'm Lieutenant Logan Sheppard, you will be taking me to France this morning correct?

" Yes we will be flying you as close as possible to the ECA lines, and then your on your own."

" Perfect just how I want it."

Logan and Ty jumped into the back of the helicopter and they took off.  

"Ty, so basically our mission is to watch and see how they are holding and what they are up against, we then report that to Command and then the guys back at Washington will decide what the US does."

The sun was coming up, the chopper flew over the water and you can see the orangeish pink in the sky. 

" Have your weapons ready ready before we get on the ground, if something goes wrong its better them then us. We will try to get into the Russian camp see what type of heat they are packing."

6:30am

The helicopter flew over a small hill and landed.

" Lieutenant, this is your drop off zone, the last known location of the ECA line is a few miles east."

Logan and Ty jumped out of the chopper and started walking east. 

"We will spend a few days at there line and then try to make our way to the nearest Russian post."

They walked through a small forest of trees until they saw were the line was, or should have been. 

" What! were the F*** are they? Command said they were here. There's no way they fought off the Russians and advanced forward, they are to weak."

Logan and Ty stepped out of the trees and into the field, all that was there were some burnt out camp fires and a the imprint in the ground from tanks. They all 

pointed east.

" Do you believe this?! now we have to track down an effing army. Way to go Command your billion dollar satellites couldn't find an army?"

The pair started east a day behind the ECA, they didn't have time to rest.

(( D-38 Boss, you do the next section of the mission. My brain needs a rest lol I can feel stories getting less and less interesting I need time to think of a good one.))

Ranger looked out the helicopter ...

Was It right to do this what was he becoming ?

"Something wrong Ranger ?"

"No Ice I am fine ... I just have somewhat of bad feeling about this"

"Don't worry you got me here I will keep you safe"

"Thanks Ice I knew I could count on you"

The helicopter approached the landing point .....

"there's the LZ I am bringing us down Ranger get ready"

The helicopter made a touch down .....

"Okay Ranger I will be your eyes in the sky good luck finding them"

Ranger looked at his surroundings Ice had dropped him right outside the large forest the targets were hiding in...

And so the hunt beings Ranger thought as he grabbed his AK and walked into the forest....

:)

October 9th, 7:37am

A mile north of the original ECA Defensive line in Southern France

Sarah was running for cover, the rest of her squad just behind her. She heard a loud shot and looked back, her squad leader had been sniped. She ran a bit farther thinking she could hide a bit closer to the enemy. She turned, was kicked back, then a squad mate saved her from being shot. She got up slowly just to hear the loud rumbling of a tank, she looked left to see a friendly tank coming very close.

"Get out of there" she heard from the squad mate that saved her. She stood, disoriented, not thinking about the tank yet.

October 10th forest in Kenya 8am

Ranger crouched into the long grass the forest was big and huge and grass was so big perfect for a hunt like this..

"Ice you seeing anything?"

"No sorry not yet"

"damm these guys hide well"

Ranger made sure the AK that he had in his hands was full reloaded didn't want to run out mid firelight because of a silly little mistake...

Ranger got up and rolled into another section of the long grass ...

Come out this has been long enough Ranger thought

He heard the sounds of gunshots in the distance ...He knew it was time

He dashed off though the forest darting though the trees to make sure he had enough cover he then barrel rolled right next to a tree and turned around expecting to see both of the targets there .....but what he found was not what he expected ...

Edited by Ranger447

October 9th, 7:40am

North of the former ECA line, France

"Keep your ******* eyes forward!" Sean shouted to the driver, as the tank nearly rolled over an ECA trooper.

He turned the periscope to where the fire was coming from. Barely making out people in the distance, he switched to Thermals and saw around a score of bright, white targets.

He shouted to the gunner to their location and the Tank turned it's turret. He noticed something odd about the opponents. They clearly weren't conscripts. Gear and tactics didn't match Shock troopers. He could make out that they were wearing chemical suits.

His thought process was disrupted by a massive sound and the tank jolting violently, causing him to hit his head. He shook his head, no serious damage. Well none that he could feel anyways. He just then heard the pleas of his gunner shouting "Permission to fire!"

"Is this the time for a ******* conversant?! Shoot those ********!"

He turned his attention to the flanks while the tank began to open up on the far targets. He made out 4 targets to his right, one with an RPG launcher.

"****, they're in close with AT weapons!"

"Sir, right tracks are gone, I can't move this thing!"

Sean didn't say anything, instead moving to grab his rifle off of the turret and readying to open the hatch. He took a deep breath and popped it open. Scrambaling down to the side and taking advantage of whatever cover was on the ground, he managed to get within earshot of the troopers.

"Someone get on the turret and cover me while I repair this thing!"

The reply was drowned out by a rocket screaming into the crater near them. It burst into a cloud of white smoke and troopers began to emerge from it as they were burning slowly to death.

His Leopard replied in kind with a HEAT shell, taking out the culprit.

He made his way back to the side of the treads. The ping of bullets going for him made sure he couldn't do anything.

"Someone get on that ******* MG and cover me!"

What the hell was this?

One of the targets was dead...the other grieving over this body .....

Ranger grabbed his handcuffs and went to subdue him suddenly the man turned round his eyes were as black as the obsidian cliffs ....

Suddenly he man pushed Ranger over. Ranger in a quick act of thinking used his leg to kick to target over then Ranger reached for the handcuffs and put them on the target before he made his next move ...

Ranger then looked at the body it was killed not by bullets but by something else no blood at all Ranger didn't know how to explain it but he passed it off as nothing.

Ranger turned around to find the man looking right into his eyes again...

"Help me ! you have to get me out of here"

out of curiosity on why the target wanted to go Ranger replied back

"Why ? you are safe here"

"No we are not I was here yes me this person here in this forest with my dear old friend just around for a normal walk in the park when a shadow killed him I ran yes I did ran as fast as I could ..."

Ranger knew this man had lost his mind and punched the target out cold so he didn't have to hear his ramblings he was slightly concerned what on earth these shadows were but he would think about this later and grabbed the target and slung him over his shoulder.

10 October high in the sky in Kenya

Ranger looked out the helicopter and put his money in his pocket for later that contract was to easy and the pay was high so it was all going good.

"So Ranger I got to do a contract now where do you want to be dropped off?"

"back to Busia"

"Got it we will get there in approximately 2 minutes"

"Ice I got to ask you something"

"Shoot"

"Do you think we are fighting the good fight?"

"No no really but is there really a good fight Ranger really?"

"No I guess not Ice"

"exactly the ECA claim they are out for human rights but look here they didn't give anything to us at all so who is to blame for the GLA?"

"Hrmmm you do make me think Ice"

"Heh the pleasure is all mine anyway coming in for a landing"

"Good"

Ranger didn't know what to spend the money on maybe buy some of that new special ammo that just came into the GLA.

Ice noticed a open channel was coming in to his helicopter he pressed it in curiosity few if any people use open channels in the GLA.

"Anyone if you hear this send help me and my squad are pinned down by a unknown enemy they are ki......"

The call was cut short

"What the hell was that Ice?"

"I don't know?"

"Well then Ice want to go check It out?"

"You bet just like old times"

And so instead of landing the helicopter kept going  but what they would find would be a game changer. :)

Outskirts of Kenya October 10th

The hatch opened and Ranger grabbed his gun he knew he would have to be careful one wrong move and it blew up in his face

"Good luck and good hunting"

"Shame you are not coming Ice"

"I know I would but someone has to watch out for you"

"Hrrrm I can always count on you to watch out for me"

Ranger jumped out it was hot and sandy out here in was starting to remember why he hated to hot so much because it was ..too hot. He looked at the nearby bunker it was undamaged..

Ice took the helicopter back into the sky and flew around with the scanners looking for human life to keep Ranger one step ahead ..

"See anything yet Ice?"

"No I will tell you when"

"Good I am sure you will"

Ranger walked towards the bunker and kicked open the rusty iron door it was full of dead GLA troops but little blood at all nothing as if nothing has been here and killed them all but the radio transmission said they were attacked this was getting more complicated by the second...

Ranger moved forth into the second room again dead troops little blood...

"Ice I got nothing so far as if they all were killed but by...I don't know something not known to humans"

"Aliens Ranger you must be mad" he heard Ice bust into laughter

"Not aliens but ...maybe a ECA super weapon"

Ranger lifted a hatch under him and climbed down the ladder

"Maybe then but ECA would not come here"

"Maybe Ice Ranger out"

The room was dark with few light sources a hole was blown open in the room with a large tunnel Ranger went closer when....

Edited by Ranger447

*OOC* Yoshi, if you want to control my character for a while, I'm a bit too busy to be able to keep up with an RP at the moment, and I don't want to keep you from being able to while you wait for me to post.

Just don't get him killed.

Or I will cry.

a lot.