Heavies playlist

EarthBody

Yeah the heavies playlist is cool!

In my opinion the mantis can stay. There is no need to remove it. What I'd like to see though is standard loadouts without the survivor package, no plasma pistol from the start of the match (Map pickup) and no plasma grenades from the start of the match (Map pick up)

Also since it's one of the most played gametypes currently they could be concidering making it permanent!

• Like 1

Heavies is a fun game mode. Mantises are good to have in heavies because heavies requires a lot of vehicles. I think the maps in Halo Reach were a little better to support Heavies. Halo 4 lacks a lot of open area. which isn't bad in most cases but for a game mode that requires a lot of vehicles it is not ideal.

Edited by Yoshi1176
  • Like 1

In my opinion the mantis can stay. There is no need to remove it. What I'd like to see though is standard loadouts without the survivor package, no plasma pistol from the start of the match (Map pickup) and no plasma grenades from the start of the match (Map pick up)

Also since it's one of the most played gametypes currently they could be concidering making it permanent!

The Mantis can stay, yes. There are so many counters to the OP Mantis in this playlist. However, I disagree about the Plasma Pistols not being there. It would make sense for standard BTB because it would be more competitive. However, I'd say that a Plasma Pistol would me necessary in a playlist like Heavies to actually give people a chance of surviving against all the heavy vehicles.

You have 666 posts, I just HAD to like your comment here.

The playlist is pretty rad because I simply never play it. I never have been a big vehicle user since the H2 days and even before then, I always felt like I stuck out and was targeted. With that being said, I have yet to play it but I'm sure a lot of people are really enjoying it!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not really a fan of it. I feel Halo 4 matchmaking has enough casual stuff inserted into it. It needs some more competitive playlists.

Exactly. Throwdown is fine if there were actually people in it. I miss Reach's MLG though. Although I think 343 knows that having a lot of competitive playlists isn't good for them because most competitive players who were around in the old Halo days have all left. Just the casuals left now.

Edited by Zandril

Exactly. Throwdown is fine if there were actually people in it. I miss Reach's MLG though. Although I think 343 knows that having a lot of competitive playlists isn't good for them because most competitive players who were around in the old Halo days have all left. Just the casuals left now.

I feel Halo 4's small population stems from there not being any playlists that lie in between the chaotic unskillfulness of the Infinity modes that the noobs and casuals like and the strict yet elite hardcoreness of MLG that us nerds like. There's nothing midcore with Halo 4's matchmaking. It's either too casual or too hardcore. If you think about it, Halo 3 handled the midcore crowd perfectly.

• Like 1