One of the largest topics that seems to be spamming up these fora is people complaining about not being able to play the DLC maps.  And yet, we now have a DLC playlist for just 2 weeks and it has a population lower than all but throwdown.  If people want a DLC playlist so badly, why aren't the numbers showing it?

• Like 2

Perhaps it's because people would far rather make a choice about what kind of gametype they want to play than which maps they want to play? It's great to have a playlist for DLC, but when it means that I might get stuck playing a gametype that I hate, then I'd almost always avoid it: this is why the individual Objective playlists in Halo 4 are often larger individually than the entire Team Objective playlists from previous Halo games.

It doesn't help that it requires multiple DLCs: as some people have some but not all of the maps, they won't be able to take part in the DLC playlist anyway. Likewise, if someone really enjoys one map pack but hates the others, then there's a real risk of getting stuck playing a gametype that you don't like on a map that you don't like - and why would anyone choose to do that?

• Like 2

True to some, but a DLC playlist for Halo 4 was a highly requested feature. Now that it has arrived, not as many people are playing it.

Yes I know I saw the topics on the official forums aswell, and it still surprises me that the numbers are so low. But now people can finally see why 343i took out the DLC gametype and stop complaining.

Yes I know I saw the topics on the official forums aswell, and it still surprises me that the numbers are so low. But now people can finally see why 343i took out the DLC gametype and stop complaining.

I guess that's fair enough and they have a reason to do so. We did keep asking for it, now some of us don't even play it. I personally enjoy playing all the DLC Maps and enjoy them bringing Team DLC in. I hope it comes back after 3rd February. ;)

I guess that's fair enough and they have a reason to do so. We did keep asking for it, now some of us don't even play it. I personally enjoy playing all the DLC Maps and enjoy them bringing Team DLC in. I hope it comes back after 3rd February. ;)

I hope it ruturns aswell! Only a little bit less Landfall... I'm getting a bit tired of the map.

• 3 weeks later...

Good lord, this game has the most beautiful DLC that I have ever seen. It holds true to Halo more than any other Halo game made or all the maps on disc for Halo 4. That's just the truth. I wasn't really impressed with the playlist itself because of how many times I play that same map repeatedly, game after game. I think I played the same map about 5- 7 times before deciding I wasn't going to play it anymore.

I think in the next Halo game, there should be 2 DLC playlists; Team Objective (DLC) and Team Slayer (DLC). I think that would work well. Also, maybe have separate playlists for each map pack.

Good idea. Hopefully these playlists will be permanent though. Having a separate playlist for each Map Pack is a good idea but it may not happen. It may not happen because the population will be spread to thin and there may not be many players on every playlist. They were all together on Halo 4 so all players who wanted to play a DLC map were put together and there was a high enough population to start games up easily and keep games flowing on the one playlist. It's unfortunate that we didn't get to play all the maps we wanted though, or didn't play them as much as we wanted to.

Good idea. Hopefully these playlists will be permanent though. Having a separate playlist for each Map Pack is a good idea but it may not happen. It may not happen because the population will be spread to thin and there may not be many players on every playlist. They were all together on Halo 4 so all players who wanted to play a DLC map were put together and there was a high enough population to start games up easily and keep games flowing on the one playlist. It's unfortunate that we didn't get to play all the maps we wanted though, or didn't play them as much as we wanted to.

Eh, true but people may not have all of the DLCs so a playlist involving all might leave some players alienated because they can't play the maps they paid for online because they didn't buy all of them.

Eh, true but people may not have all of the DLCs so a playlist involving all might leave some players alienated because they can't play the maps they paid for online because they didn't buy all of them.

Good point. It's just that having them all separate will spread the population top thin unless there is a high population on the next Halo game. Things like these challenge 343 all the time, and some people don't show them any respect for their hard work.