*Spoiler Alert* Rumor: Ridley Scott started producing a film on Halo. *Spoiler Alert*

Ghost Recon

The site Production Weekly, the aim of which is to constantly follow all productions made by the Hollywood industry, announced the start of work on a Halo movie, produced by Ridley Scott and whose screenplay was entrusted to Paul Sheuring, already author of Prison Break and The Experiment.

For now, no one knows more about the film, but the site says that it is a "feature length", that for professionals means that it's a film over 40 minutes long: it may be something that will be released along with the new Halo expected at the end of the year, a film for the cinema or something different again. We tend to exclude, however, that this is an episode of the TV series that is already in development for the Xbox One, because in that case the manufacturer is Spielberg, not Scott.

The idea to produce a similar film Ridley Scott is not mindless: Halo owes much to Alien, and who better than Scott could produce a film like that? We now wait for clarifications from Microsoft: we'll keep you informed.

I had to translate this article since it was in Itilian. Also this is a Rumor which is why I put Spoiler Alert with the topic. Also Awesome and Sweet to know about.
Also I hope I posted this in the right forum, if not please move to the right forum.

link: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mondoxbox.com%2Fnews%2F42157%2Frumor-ridley-scott-inizia-la-produzione-di-un-film-su-halo.html

ff_scott_580_f.jpg

Ridley Scott

paul-scheuringn-createur-de-prison-break

Paul Scheuring

I put Spoiler Alert since it is a Rumor.

I hope you do know that Spoiler Alert and Rumor are two very DIFFERENT things

A rumor is something that is unconfirmed/untrue and it is NOT a spoiler

A spoiler alert is when you are potentially revealing facts of something that IS true and is NOT  a rumor.

So please tell me why you put spoiler alert when there is clearly no spoiler in your article of any kind?

• Like 1

I like how the conversation is about what spoiler means, opposed to there possibly being a Halo movie...

Anyways I think it would be cool to do a movie on Harvest with the first encounter of the Covenant. Or any one of the smaller missions Master Chief went on before Reach. I imagine it will have Master Chief in it though just to be recognizable and relevant.

Edited by WonderWombat
  • Like 2

Updated here is another link that I saw right now: http://www.scified.com/news/1436   Also there are new pictures:

Could it be true? Could we be getting a Halo movie after all these years? It's certainly seeming so, as Production Weekly seems to have let the cat out of the bag regarding an Untitled Halo Project which is said to be produced by Alien and Prometheus director Ridley Scott and written by Paul Scheuring. The information hit Twitter only minutes ago and already their original Tweet revealing Ridley Scott and Paul Scheuring's involvement has been removed. But regardless, we've been keeping an eye on the thread and we saw the information posted first-hand and it's got us all excited!

Master_Chief_Halo_4_Infinity.jpeg

The discussion continued now, on Twitter, which you can see below:

qK4EqHU.png

(Thanks to ChrisLikesDinos on Twitter for the screencap!)

Now, before we all start jumping to conclusions, assuming Production Weekly was merely mixing up Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg and the alreadyin-the-works Halo TV series, Production Weekly did make a point of segregating the two as separate projects. Little is known however and from what we saw, the status of this new project remains fairly tight-lipped.

hd-wallpapers-master-chief-halo-wallpape

But this could be the first sign of a legitimate Halo movie entering production! With Ridley Scott attached to produce, I have high hopes. For a gaming fanchise that has borrowed heavily from the Alien Universe, I think Scott could bring some great ideas to the table and help bring the gaming phenomenon of Halo to the big screen in a way fans and gamers alike could respect and enjoy.

For more on the Halo Movie, as its status developes, be sure to keep an eye on Scified!

Eurogamer has come out with an article this morning that states that Microsoft has "No plans for a Halo movie"

Full article found here: http://eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-Microsoft-no-plans-for-a-halo-movie

It even mentions the rumors this whole thing is based upon.