Matchmaking in Space!

DaFt

Would you like it if space combat was a matchmaking playlist?

for example, having a battle as Sabre vs. Seraph -or- Longsword vs. Banshee

i think that would be fun fighting in space

:whistle:

like in the Halo: Reach campaign, I wouldn't mind it.

I'd think it be kinda fun.

YES!! link to land as well, add big ships and controlable drop pods! (Too bad it will not happen! :( :crybaby: :banghead: :cray: :cry: )

how!?

Simple answer.... you can't. So far to date, the most we have been able to do is simple campaign save and forge edits. Even with the editing we can do, we are limited to the palette of items that is already inside the maps. To add vehicles to a map that does not have them already would require you to decompile the tag data into a usable debug format, then require you to inject the new data into a map. problem is, that the data then would get shifted and throw off pointers and string id table. Also keep in mind that resigning an entire map file would require a public and private key pair set to provide the proper encryption hash...which we do not have or close to having at all.

All that aside, I would love to see a dedicated space combat scenario. Perhaps make a 2 of them. One focused on out in space jetpack man to man combat. Hopping around the outskirts and structures of a space stations. The 2nd one a vehicle dedictaed map. Longswords, Seraph's, etc... Wicked fun all around!

Simple answer.... you can't. So far to date, the most we have been able to do is simple campaign save and forge edits. Even with the editing we can do, we are limited to the palette of items that is already inside the maps. To add vehicles to a map that does not have them already would require you to decompile the tag data into a usable debug format, then require you to inject the new data into a map. problem is, that the data then would get shifted and throw off pointers and string id table. Also keep in mind that resigning an entire map file would require a public and private key pair set to provide the proper encryption hash...which we do not have or close to having at all.

All that aside, I would love to see a dedicated space combat scenario. Perhaps make a 2 of them. One focused on out in space jetpack man to man combat. Hopping around the outskirts and structures of a space stations. The 2nd one a vehicle dedictaed map. Longswords, Seraph's, etc... Wicked fun all around!

I only do basic C++, this is a tad bit over my head...

like in the Halo: Reach campaign

I had commented in a topic about a new Firefight playlist a while back....

Sabrefight!!!

Would be fun!!! LOL!! :yahoo: