Destiny Beta Access to be Offered to Pre-Order Customers

Spectral Jester

destiny.jpg

A Destiny beta will be made available to those that pre-order Bungie’s upcoming shooter ahead of release.

That’s according to a Reddit user who rummaged around on the Canadian and UK versions of the game’s official website and unearthed a bit of revealing code on a dead link, saying "Pre-order Destiny at select retailers and receive admission to the Destiny Beta. Play it first. Become Legend.”

Bungie has yet to comment.

So that’s one potential way of getting to play the game ahead of release. Another is to sign up for Bungie’s User Research division, which promises to accept “hundreds of thousands of gamers from all regions and territories around the world” into the beta.

• Like 6

I was going to pre order the game anyway but this makes me want to even more just waiting to see what the special edition will have.

Also now that I think about this maybe people who pre order destiny will get a closed beta code somehow and then a few days later a public beta comes out kind of like bf4. :thumbsup:

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Looks like the rumours were true. On Amazon, and across a number of select retailers, Destiny pre-orders will offer up access to the game’s early 2014 beta.

The Amazon listing states, “Pre-order Destiny and receive access to the upcoming beta. Beta will be available in early 2014 on the following platforms: PS4 system, PS3 system, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.”

The offer is available for a limited time and while beta codes last, you’ll be sent a beta access code within a business day of placing your pre-order. Boom.
  • Like 1