A bad feeling...

Seeker of Truth

...that the majority of gamers chosing PS4, as well as the splintered Halo community, will put the Halo series out of business before it's concluded. 

343i stated that they will continue the Halo series only for as long as it's profitable, and I'm getting concerned about that.

There are many people, including myself, who find Halo amazing for its story as well as the gameplay, and we want to see the series conclude, not fade off.

So, anyone who thinks the series is dead, please at least buy future installments and give the campaign a try for the sake of the rest of the community. 

Does anyone else feel this way? 

• Like 5

Dude the series is far from dead. I've been to already 7 gamestops in my area both are soldout of pre-orders for the Xbox One and PS4. You're thinking too hard about this a lot of people will still buy Halo and it's up fans of Halo to keep supporting it and introducing people to it. Plus maybe people will change their mind and get the xbox one once they see Halo 5 or another game they like and they end up getting Halo 5 as well?
I understand your point and at first I was a bit worried too but the best way the Halo community can help is keep being awesome and introducing more people into the wonder of Halo. 

I know this will never happen but if Halo 5 came out on PC I would buy both versions. Console and PC(I understand why they won't port it over but a spartan can dream can't he?)

• Like 2

Dude the series is far from dead. I've been to already 7 gamestops in my area both are soldout of pre-orders for the Xbox One and PS4. You're thinking too hard about this a lot of people will still buy Halo and it's up fans of Halo to keep supporting it and introducing people to it. Plus maybe people will change their mind and get the xbox one once they see Halo 5 or another game they like and they end up getting Halo 5 as well?

I understand your point and at first I was a bit worried too but the best way the Halo community can help is keep being awesome and introducing more people into the wonder of Halo. 

I know this will never happen but if Halo 5 came out on PC I would buy both versions. Console and PC(I understand why they won't port it over but a spartan can dream can't he?)

I don't believe Halo is dead at all. I believe it's changing a bit in terms of gameplay. Halo 4's gameplay is close to that of Halo: Reach. 

I mean that there are certain Halo fans who believe the series is dead, and I was advising any of them who might see the thread to at least give future installments a try. 

It is to far in the future to think about this perhaps the next halo will do terrible and 343i will shutdown maybe it will do good just wait and see. Although I am a bit sad that I will not get to play the next halo because I am getting a ps4 but then again destiny is coming out and look like its going to be another good game by bungie ( as always ) :thumbsup:

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Yes it did but how many still play it ( not much ) :thumbsup:

So you're telling me 1,000+ people in a single playlist isn't that much? We need to view numbers more realistically. I go on Halo 4 daily and the numbers change drastically each day. Yesterday there weren't many people on but on Sunday it felt like Halo 3 again. I am convinced that people are split between too many games nowadays. We didn't have a battlefield on consoles back during Halo 3's launch(Bad Company came out in 08 I believe) and Call Of Duty just started becoming popular. Plus there were only 4 Halo games to play online at the time (Halo 2 and 3 and Halo 2 Vista and Halo CE PC) Now  we have 6 Halo games you can play online Halo 3, Halo 2 Vista, Halo CE PC, Halo 2(Through Xconnect I forgot the name but its a 3rd party software very few people still play) Halo Reach, and Halo 4. Halo 4 still has more people online then any of the rest. 

So you're telling me 1,000+ people in a single playlist isn't that much? We need to view numbers more realistically. I go on Halo 4 daily and the numbers change drastically each day. Yesterday there weren't many people on but on Sunday it felt like Halo 3 again. I am convinced that people are split between too many games nowadays. We didn't have a battlefield on consoles back during Halo 3's launch(Bad Company came out in 08 I believe) and Call Of Duty just started becoming popular. Plus there were only 4 Halo games to play online at the time (Halo 2 and 3 and Halo 2 Vista and Halo CE PC) Now  we have 6 Halo games you can play online Halo 3, Halo 2 Vista, Halo CE PC, Halo 2(Through Xconnect I forgot the name but its a 3rd party software very few people still play) Halo Reach, and Halo 4. Halo 4 still has more people online then any of the rest. 

Take a look at this and you will get what I mean.

HyWapSX.png

Don't be afraid. Halo is far from done. Halo 4 has given 343i the budget needed to make Halo 5 bigger, better, and beastly.

The main reason that people don't play Halo 4 as much as they used to is simply because they don't like the multiplayer gameplay. That's alright though, because they still bought the game, and play it on occasion. There are tons of games out there that don't even have multiplayer that sell amazingly (final fantasy, for instance [disregarding the MMO's]). 

Just because people don't play it doesn't mean they won't buy Halo 5. 343i has a pretty good idea what their audience is looking for now, and are working on incorporating it into Halo 5. 

The people who buy Halo are pretty diverse. You have those that buy it simply for the multiplayer and nothing else, those that buy it for the campaign, those that buy it for forge and for roleplay, those that buy it simply to collect it, and then you have those that buy it for all of the above.

Even if one of those groups don't buy Halo 5, it will still make a ton of money. As long as it makes money, they can make more games and continue the saga.

• Like 1

Halo is too big of a money making machine to die off in the predictable near future. If I had to make a prediction I'd guess that its not going to be nearly as popular as it was during its Xbox original and Xbox 360 era. I for one know I'll be going with the PS4 and I know that I have major concerns as to how capable 343i is in comparison to what Bungie was able to accomplish throughout their control of the series. 

Edited by SweatyBagels

see this is a bit of a touchy subject for me because i have been one of the biggest halo fans  but ever since Halo 4 came out ive lost alot of the respect i had for it because its drifting more towards COD. I play COD also and if i am going to have a Halo game giving me COD gameplay i might as well go play Call of Duty  and besides that the storyline for Halo 4 didnt really impress me that much and like i said earlier the MP is going downhill too hopefully they can redeem it with Halo 5 tho  but im not holding my breath. O and as far as the reason why im choosing PS4 has nothing to do with Halo at all  it has to do with some of the BS Microsoft is trying to pull 

• 2 weeks later...

see this is a bit of a touchy subject for me because i have been one of the biggest halo fans  but ever since Halo 4 came out ive lost alot of the respect i had for it because its drifting more towards COD. I play COD also and if i am going to have a Halo game giving me COD gameplay i might as well go play Call of Duty  and besides that the storyline for Halo 4 didnt really impress me that much and like i said earlier the MP is going downhill too hopefully they can redeem it with Halo 5 tho  but im not holding my breath. O and as far as the reason why im choosing PS4 has nothing to do with Halo at all  it has to do with some of the BS Microsoft is trying to pull 

Halo is nothing like CoD please don't compare the two. Battlefield has loadouts and sprint does that make it CoD? The MP is doing great 343 has been putting out TU and patches and trying to fix what they have done wrong. Also what do you mean BS Microsoft is trying to pull? You mean all those stupid features they announced at E3 but pulled back? I would call that listening to the consumer not BS. 

Halo is nothing like CoD please don't compare the two. Battlefield has loadouts and sprint does that make it CoD? The MP is doing great 343 has been putting out TU and patches and trying to fix what they have done wrong. Also what do you mean BS Microsoft is trying to pull? You mean all those stupid features they announced at E3 but pulled back? I would call that listening to the consumer not BS. 

No i never said Halo is Cod im saying they are drifting away from what halo started out as and SHOULD be and bout MS yea if they can pull it out that fast they can put it right back in that fast too