Halo 2 anniversary reconsideration from 343

I think 343i will do it just not on the annivery due to Halo 5 coming out so maybe 2015 may hold Halo 2 annivery it would really help 343i rep and would have good sales because lots of people want it and frank o Connor and Phil spencer have hinted it so I say go for it.  :)

I'd love for Halo 2 to be remade. But, I also wish you would've posted a link to where you appear to have seen info on 343i are considering re-making Halo 2. Don't want to get my hopes up.

I haven't heard of any new hints/plans to re-make or fix Halo 2 (especially H2 PC):

http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1831

Any hope there is crushed.

Halo 2 Anniversary, must be completely HD, with no tricks like Halo CEA, I want to this restored to what the multiplayer was back in 2004 with HD

So you want a Reboot. A remake is just a game done with improvements to its core elements and some new feature added. A reboot means an entirley new game or stand alone game, as in Multiplayer included!

A little while ago frank o connor was asked on twitter and he hinted at it there and so did Phil spencer on twitter as well but who knows what I can say is Halo 5 will come out in 2014 so that maybe means Halo 2 annivery will come out in 2015 < that is not its annivery. :)

A little while ago frank o connor was asked on twitter and he hinted at it there and so did Phil spencer on twitter as well but who knows what I can say is Halo 5 will come out in 2014 so that maybe means Halo 2 annivery will come out in 2015 < that is not its annivery. :)

Actually if you knew what an anniversary was you would know it can be even in 2015 or 2016.

If Halo 2A came out in 2015 it would be an 11 year anniversary and not a 10 year anniversary. 

Here is where I am on this:

I REALLY want a full reboot, Halo 2 was/is the only midnight release I have ever experienced.  If they do a H2A of any sort I will be first in line just like I was back then. (admittedly I could not purchase it on my own as I was only 16) but still first. (my friend who was 18 bought my copy for me). It was also the only special edition game I have purchased.  I loved that metal case!  This game changed my life, I was never very social prior to playing on live and really became the people person I am today because of it.  I would gladly purchase an XB1 just to play this one game if for no other reason.  I'm getting too sentimental.  Love the game.

If they could leave the game engine the same (with all glitches working) that would be SUPER!  While my Gamertag would only show 'x' number of games played, I spent hours upon hours playing with all the glitches, superbounceing, exploring where I wasn't supposed to go, and killing my soul trying to get the IWHBYD skull with no glitches.  Seriously just a graphics overhaul is all I need to spend $85 or more on this.

• Like 1

I, like a lot of other people here, think they need to make it a standalone game... not make it so the campaign is its own thing and the multiplayer is literally nothing more than a map-pack for the latest installment in the Halo series. I was sooooo disappointed by the fact that they did that w/ CE anniversary. Besides, anyone can go back and play H2 on their original Xbox but nobody on console can play the multiplayer anymore... a re-launched multiplayer system would the be main reason I'd get H2: Anniversary.