What Ever Happened to...?

The Stig

343 gave a nod to it by putting little GRD dolls around the Anniversary maps. To me it doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure if that picture was intentionally leaked out by Bungie/343 or not, but.. why have a GRD helmet in the first place? It would seem that it would not make any sense to have it just to test the maps, so I'll just leave it at Bungie or 343 just trying to screw with our minds by creating such a thing.

All I know is I remember finding all of those GRD dolls on the Anniversary maps, and every time I would find one I would blow it to hell with a Rocket Launcher because of the treachery surrounding the whole mystery. WHY??!!?  :wallbash:

That's what I loved about past Halo games, they had fun little secrets and mysteries. 343i did the dolls in Halo: Reach, that was awesome. They didn't do anything with 4 though. I don't think there was a single multiplayer easter egg... Remember in Halo 3 there was a video called "How to get Recon"? It involved going into campaign on the level 'The Covenant', climbing up the snow mountain in a ghost, power draining the hornet, getting the hornet, glitch-teleporting to the island, going to the back of the structure, teleporting inside, and finding a skull at the bottom? That was crazy. The Recon part may have been fake, but the glitching experience wasn't. I wish Halo 4 encouraged exploration and hidden little secrets. It's still a fantastic game though.

Edited by Forum Liopleurodon

That's what I loved about past Halo games, they had fun little secrets and mysteries. 343i did the dolls in Halo: Reach, that was awesome. They didn't do anything with 4 though. I don't think there was a single multiplayer easter egg... Remember in Halo 3 there was a video called "How to get Recon"? It involved going into campaign on the level 'The Covenant', climbing up the snow mountain in a ghost, power draining the hornet, getting the hornet, glitch-teleporting to the island, going to the back of the structure, teleporting inside, and finding a skull at the bottom? That was crazy. The Recon part may have been fake, but the glitching experience wasn't. I wish Halo 4 encouraged exploration and hidden little secrets. It's still a fantastic game though.

I know Spartan Ops has a ****load of easter eggs. The Campaign I also know has allot of easter eggs but no one has found them yet

Remember the "Secret Of Sandtrap". There was once a old thread about it on BUNGiE's forums about the 'secret' of Sandtrap. It got over 10,000+ posts before it got locked, but I'm pretty sure no one ever found anything hahaha. I remember spending ages searching around Sandtrap on forge with my friends, it was so fun and interesting...

Remember the "Secret Of Sandtrap". There was once a old thread about it on BUNGiE's forums about the 'secret' of Sandtrap. It got over 10,000+ posts before it got locked, but I'm pretty sure no one ever found anything hahaha. I remember spending ages searching around Sandtrap on forge with my friends, it was so fun and interesting...

I'm unaware of this. I've found a bunch of Easter eggs on Sandtrap though. Like the turrets on the Frigate in the sky look like Transformers lol

Lmao remember the Golden Warthog conspiracy on Sandtrap? It was fake, but fun and mysterious as hell to explore. Remember the Ghost of Blackout? It was fake, but me and my friend spent all night looking for a sighting of it. It was so creepy and fun. 

It is kinda like the whole Herobrine thing in Minecraft. The Herobrine story is creepy as hell, fake, but fun. I wish 343i made a very creepy themed map and someone "saw" something strange on that map.

Lmao remember the Golden Warthog conspiracy on Sandtrap? It was fake, but fun and mysterious as hell to explore. Remember the Ghost of Blackout? It was fake, but me and my friend spent all night looking for a sighting of it. It was so creepy and fun. 

It is kinda like the whole Herobrine thing in Minecraft. The Herobrine story is creepy as hell, fake, but fun. I wish 343i made a very creepy themed map and someone "saw" something strange on that map.

I love those kind of things, Red Dead Redemption excelled in this regard extremely well. Like the haunted abandoned mansion, the werewolf.

Anyways the helmet was just Bungie being Bungie and giving a nod at marathon.

I love those kind of things, Red Dead Redemption excelled in this regard extremely well. Like the haunted abandoned mansion, the werewolf.

Anyways the helmet was just Bungie being Bungie and giving a nod at marathon.

I looked forever for the Chupacabra and Unicorn. And when I was about to give up I FOUND them!!

If I am thinking correctly. 343 Doesn't think there should be any epicer helmet's in Halo 4. I think that helmet's in Halo 4 are alight they could be better. But, they are so updated. Un-like Halo Reach, that games helmet's were just so simple.

• 1 month later...

The funny thing is, Frankie confirmed that they easily could add armor DLC to Halo Reach but it would take a rather large (And by large I mean anywhere from the range of 1 gig all the way up to 12 Gigabytes).

Halo 4 is a heavily modified and vastly improved version of halo reach, but it still uses the same engine, sure they optimized everything a-lot better but the fact that they can add DLC armor makes me sad that they don't Add EOD, Hayabusa, Katana, and the GRD helmet to Reach... Not to mention all the emblems and colors that were in Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST and the Halo Reach Beta, that they left out of the retail version of the Reach.