gamertag question

Trifle10

i have a question, not expecting much help though *once you read the bullets, you may see why*

• i created a gamertag back on halo 2
  • i forgot the name, email, and password to it
  • im not really search where i can search an archive list of halo 2 gamertags
  • if i was to contact xbox support, they would probably say, they cant help me without some information to go on
  • though im not sure, the name could of been 1 or 2 words and i think the last name had "Boots" in it

i really want to try and recover it. if i cant, then ill just stick with the ones i got now

all help is appricated in advanced, even if it gets me nowhere

edit: the list below is all the gamertags ive tried for bungie.net's halo 2 people finder

• Spotty Boots
  • SqueakyBoots
  • Silent Boots
  • Lucario2536
  • Si3entDarkness

Edited by Trifle10

Any gamer tag that has been unused for a number of years where recycled by Microsoft a while back. It may simply no longer exist.

This is from 2011:

"Microsoft is doing its part to clean up the virtual environment. As of yesterday, the Xbox 360 console maker has begun picking up old Gamertags that have been tossed aside and is recycling them, Xbox Live's Major Nelson announced in a blog post. That means if you've been wanting to use a Gamertag that was already snatched up but since abandoned, there's still hope it can be yours.

"This process will take some time to complete, and no we can't tell you when the Gamertag you want might be available," Major Nelson says. "If you are interested, you should check back regularly as we are reviving Gamertags daily."

Here is a link for a Live search.

http://majornelson.com/2011/03/01/xbox-live-gamertags-go-zombie-and-rise-from-the-dead/

• Like 2

Try http://www.neoseeker.com/xboxlive/gamertags/ this too.

Good luck, Hope you find it

thanks for the link. i first tried searching through the list going abc order for the first 15 pages and didnt see any that seemed familiar. then i tried sorting by location and browsed through all those in my location. i then tried the "games" link at the end of the names and mostly got this You haven't added any games to your collections yet!

Any gamer tag that has been unused for a number of years where recycled by Microsoft a while back. It may simply no longer exist.

yea...it was probably removed by now. oh well, i think it had a cool name

• Like 1

Idk but there's one way I found my old gt back on halo 2 so if you still have an original Xbox, go to your saved file that was last played on and look at the record of names which played on that saved file it should be there only if you still have your memory unit for your old Xbox. Good luck, that's all I got for ya.

There are multiple ways to sove this problem, but here is the most efective way by far: Load up halo 2 and look at the gamertag,it's that simple.theres no need for neoseeker if the gamertag online and offline is the same. good luck

Have to ask how can you not remember the email, password or even the gamer tag name???

the email address was a way old email address. ive even tried different passwords and you know that no one them will work without the email address. ive even tried different guesses as to what the name could of been, yet no results comes back. plus its been about 9 years (2004) and you know how time can "erase", well thats what it did with my memory.

the gamertag creation at halo 2 launch didnt ask for an email account. just the name and password

Idk but there's one way I found my old gt back on halo 2 so if you still have an original Xbox, go to your saved file that was last played on and look at the record of names which played on that saved file it should be there only if you still have your memory unit for your old Xbox. Good luck, that's all I got for ya.

nice name btw. love the halo series lol. anyways, my profile was on my brother's xbox and my brother kept console jumping btwn xbox, sony, and nintendo for dumb reasons. so when he sold the xbox, my profile was still on there and it either got cleared by the person who bought the console/hard drive or they took possession and gave it a different name

the last thing i can really remember doing with that profile was, playing a custom game on turf, me and a friend were doing the sword cancel to get out of the map

Load up halo 2 and look at the gamertag,it's that simple.theres no need for neoseeker if the gamertag online and offline is the same

i can try that since i have halo 2 nearby. ill give it a try and put UPDATE in this post with the results

UPDATE: loaded up halo 2 and there's no profiles...prob because original xbox profiles cannot transfer consoles. dunno. so i created a new one