a possible reason why there is no odsts in halo 4

Caboose The Ace

I am sure all halo 4 player have noticed where are the odsts in halo 4

well here is a possible reason why odsts are not in halo 4

in the human convent apart the odsts where the second best thing besides Spartans 2s on the ground the unsc could deploy but right before the war ended the Spartan four project began a mix between Spartan 2s and 3s and in some of the unsc option the best generation yet they where easy to make and effective as well and proved better than a odst squad so guess what happened the odsts where scrapped because the new Spartan fours where just as easy to make and better in every way so now there are no more odsts the Spartan four took there place

just a reminder this is just a possible reason why there are no odsts in halo 4 it is possible odsts still exist along with Spartan 4s

Edited by Caboose the Ace

First off, Spartan 4's were cheaply made, I'd rather spend Credits on an ODST than Spartan 4. Spartan 4's were just stupid, they have very bad collaberation, also. ODST's shot and killed an enemy, Spartan 4's shot and killed an enemy, then kept shooting. So in my opinion, ODST's need to come back or Spartan 4's need better training. Efen though it's the game codings, they need to show it.

First off, Spartan 4's were cheaply made, I'd rather spend Credits on an ODST than Spartan 4. Spartan 4's were just stupid, they have very bad collaberation, also. ODST's shot and killed an enemy, Spartan 4's shot and killed an enemy, then kept shooting. So in my opinion, ODST's need to come back or Spartan 4's need better training. Efen though it's the game codings, they need to show it.

you cannot judge the friendly ais ability because that is most likely not a good reposition on Spartan fours they are much better and could be even considered the next generation of odsts in a way :thumbsup:

i just dont think your theory is the reason for the absense of ODSTs. Yes, spartan IVs are very effective in the field, but they serve a completely different purpose in the military tactics of the UNSC. Remember the scene in Forward Unto Dawn, when the students were in a classroom sension discussing battle tactics on a holographic grid? They spoke about how the purpose of ODSTs is to drop behind enemy lines to surround enemy forces and attack from 2 fronts. As far as i know, the spartan IVs were never used for flanking purposes as the ODSTs were. unless the UNSC has a new strategy for large scale battles, you would think that the ODSTs still served an important purpose in military operations. I'm also surprised at the fact that spartan IVs were never implimented in ODST operations

• Like 1

i just dont think your theory is the reason for the absense of ODSTs. Yes, spartan IVs are very effective in the field, but they serve a completely different purpose in the military tactics of the UNSC. Remember the scene in Forward Unto Dawn, when the students were in a classroom sension discussing battle tactics on a holographic grid? They spoke about how the purpose of ODSTs is to drop behind enemy lines to surround enemy forces and attack from 2 fronts. As far as i know, the spartan IVs were never used for flanking purposes as the ODSTs were. unless the UNSC has a new strategy for large scale battles, you would think that the ODSTs still served an important purpose in military operations. I'm also surprised at the fact that spartan IVs were never implimented in ODST operations

that is possible yes and maybe the Spartan 4s took over all odsts operations but it just seems weird why we did not see any odsts in halo 4 :thumbsup:

I believe ODSTs might have been left out of Halo 4 because of the UNSC Infinity itself. The Infinity was equipped for scientific exploration and for housing the Spartan IV program. Even though it had SOEIV bays that could be used for ODSTs, they were probably built in before it was converted for this role, and would now be modified to be used by spartans. Each group would require different gear for both combat and every day roles. Think of the gyms, leisure time, armoury etc. ODSTs are the SAS of the UNSC, the S IVs are now like their own Corp rather than black-ops ONI agents (which chief and all the mk II & mk II spartans were). The Infinity is their homebase so they fill the role in this circumstance. ODSTs are trained for different missions and would probably have been in the rest of the UNSCs fleet. Well thats how I see it :laughing:

A crew of 17,000. "Half of the crew would never meet each other."-Halo: The Thursday War.

As in, with a crew if 17,000, you may have just seen them. They may have been doing ops on a completely different area of Requiem or Infinity.

Why is this over looked all the time? I'm not saying its true, but its far simpler..

• Like 1